• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Frustration: My Experience Starting Grad School Classes

In summary, Alison is frustrated because she registered for a class on the first day of the semester and did not realize that she did not actually register for it. She goes to the registrar's office to figure out what to do and gets help from her friends.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So I start grad school classes tonight (Wed)... I bought my books, got my student ID, figured out where to park, all that jazz... however I just realized that I didn't sign up for a class that I am supposed to take this term! :eek: and of course I went to change it 24 minutes after the online registration ended! I am so frustrated at myself... I thought I was doing well getting ready, especially as there was no orientation and I had no idea what the heck I was doing! So now, I have to miss work hours tomorrow, go to the registrar's office in person (which is of course on the campus where my classes aren't) and try to figure out what I am doing. All the online info on what to do is for undergrad students and that is not going to help me... AUGH!!!! :cry: :grumpy: :cry: :eek: :cry: and to make matters worse I can't take care of this until after I work my morning shift at work, where I will be sitting outside by myself (I get to be parking monitor for all the new college students and be outside from 7:30-11:30 making sure they know where to park) with nothing to do other than read magazines and direct students and think about how stupid I am to have not realized this before the 1st week of classes! Please say a little prayer for me to help me figure this out without getting down on myself as much as I am right now. I am off to bed to try and get 6 hours of sleep before I deal with reality... TIA!

Is it really Wednesday already???? Crap!!! That means I've been on the computer WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY to long...

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be typing something to make you feel better, right? ummmm, o.k., lemme think.... o.k. here goes...

At least you realize this before the first class session. Imagine how mad at yourself you would be if you went to class and then found out you didn't actually register for it!!!

O.k., so maybe that wasn't really helpful or uplifting, but just make sure you have compassion on the new, lonely, lost freshman that you will be directing tomorrow and DO NOT give them wrong directions on purpose! Oh, and be glad you are not near Cincinnati right now... it is still HOT here... at (or really close to) 100 deg each day... usually 90 or so by mid morning.

Now go to bed!

Ahhh sorry Alison...what a bummer :grumpy:

This won't matter in 6 months, really.
Hold onto that thought.

First, I hope you're able to get the class you need. I know that's frustrating, but don't kick yourself too hard.The time will go more quickly than you think. Since you're able to read on the job, you could always bring along a new catalog and the use & care cards from the new products so you can be well-versed in the new fall line. (Until you have homework to do, young lady.) :)Cheer up. In 50 years you'll be laughing at this.

Alison~

Sorry to hear about that...we all do things like that once in a while! It is bound to happen when you have so many things to be thinking about and taking care of!

BTW- Isn't the fact that YOUR BUSINESS card was chosen as my FAVORITE of all of them making you smile?!? And that I used YOUR card as a guide to make up MY cards? Smiling yet? Yea, I thought you would be! :p

Thanks y'all for your encouraging words. I knew I could count on you to make me smile :D I got it all straitened out this afternoon... I found out that my advisor did was not told about me from the admissions department 6 weeks ago when I was admitted, so she never emailed me the information about registration, nor did I get the information about the orientation last weekend. So I will get that on Tuesday at her class. I now have all the classes that I need (I think, I'm just waiting for confirmation that they received my form) and I don't even have class tonight, so I can focus on being prepared for my Fall Mystery Host tomorrow night. All-in-all it worked out, I just wish it worked out before the 1st day of classes...

p.s. Rae, I took a good book with me this morning, which helped distract me from stressing
p.p.s. Kelly, you choosing my card as your favorite means a TON to me and will always make me smile.

Alison, I'm so glad it worked out for you! Sorry you had to worry about it.

Ok, spill!!!!! What did it say?

On the schooling - Allison - it will get easier and better...it is grad school, please don't stress like you would with your undergrad, you'll find it is more flexible and easier on you!

Here is the best verse for you:
And, it came to pass...

It came to pass, it didn't come to stay! You have a bad year last year? Don't worry it'll pass! Have a good year last year? Don't worry, it to will pass! :) (Quoted from Mark Lowry's routine!)

Thanks y'all for your encouraging words. I knew I could count on you to make me smile :D I got it all straitened out this afternoon... I found out that my advisor did was not told about me from the admissions department 6 weeks ago when I was admitted, so she never emailed me the information about registration, nor did I get the information about the orientation last weekend. So I will get that on Tuesday at her class. I now have all the classes that I need (I think, I'm just waiting for confirmation that they received my form) and I don't even have class tonight, so I can focus on being prepared for my Fall Mystery Host tomorrow night. All-in-all it worked out, I just wish it worked out before the 1st day of classes...

p.s. Rae, I took a good book with me this morning, which helped distract me from stressing
p.p.s. Kelly, you choosing my card as your favorite means a TON to me and will always make me smile.

I love Mark Lowry! After hearing that routine, Matthew 7:28a (KJV) became one of my favorite verses. :)

Alison,

I'm so glad it all worked out for you. I just read the thread, and your very first post reminds me of a recurring dream where it's the end of the semester and I realize I forgot to go to a class for the whole semester, and I don't graduate. Good thing you realized it before my dream became your nightmare!

Good luck with your classes - I'm sure you'll do great!

P.S. Yes, I did attend my classes and did graduate:D

1. How do you deal with the frustration of starting graduate school classes?

Starting graduate school classes can be overwhelming and frustrating, but there are a few strategies that can help you cope. First, it's important to remember that it's normal to feel frustrated and overwhelmed. Take breaks when you need them and don't be too hard on yourself. It's also helpful to create a schedule and stick to it, breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Lastly, reach out for support from friends, family, or your academic advisor. Talking to others who have gone through a similar experience can provide valuable insight and encouragement.

2. How do I stay motivated when I'm feeling frustrated with my graduate school classes?

Staying motivated during graduate school can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to keep yourself on track. One strategy is to set specific, achievable goals for yourself. These could be short-term goals for each class or long-term goals for your overall academic progress. Additionally, remember to take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, exercise, and healthy meals. And don't be afraid to reward yourself for your hard work and accomplishments!

3. What can I do if I'm struggling with a particular class and feeling frustrated?

If you're struggling with a particular class, it's important to reach out for help as soon as possible. This could mean talking to your professor or TA, joining a study group, or seeking tutoring services. Don't be afraid to ask questions and seek clarification on confusing concepts. It can also be helpful to review your notes and study materials regularly, rather than waiting until the last minute to study for exams.

4. How can I balance the demands of graduate school with my personal life?

Balancing graduate school with your personal life can be a challenge, but it's important to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy work-life balance. One way to do this is to schedule specific blocks of time for studying and completing assignments, and then set aside time for activities you enjoy outside of school. It's also important to communicate with friends and family about your commitments and make time for quality connections with them.

5. How do I manage my time effectively when juggling multiple graduate school classes?

Managing your time effectively when taking multiple graduate school classes is crucial. One strategy is to create a master schedule that includes all of your classes, assignments, and due dates. This will help you to plan ahead and prioritize your tasks. It's also important to break down larger assignments into smaller, more manageable tasks and set aside specific time blocks for completing them. Don't forget to schedule breaks and self-care activities to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • PChef_ang
  • General Chat
Replies