• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration: Dealing with Unkindness in Business

In summary, the speaker vents about a recent incident where a potential host's husband was rude and accused them of pressuring his wife into hosting a party. The speaker clarifies that they simply asked if the wife wanted to book a show and offers to check if she would prefer a different month. The speaker also acknowledges that there may be underlying issues in the host's marriage, but they are frustrated with the husband's behavior. The conversation ends with other participants offering support and understanding.
jesusluvsu2005
Hey everyone! I am just going to have to vent right now because I am upset. I just got off the phone with a supposed to be october host's husband. He gave me that she's not available when I called. Which is the typical don't want to talk to you. Anyway, he asked about taking a message and I said I was just seeing which date she wanted for her show. She had booked at another hosts party. And he was very rude to me and acted like I had talked her into a show and she's just not interested. She seemed to be a very sweet lady when I met her. And all I did was ask her if she wanted to book a show. I didn't talk her into. Good grief! I work very hard at being very low pressure. I don't want someone to have a show if they don't want one because it'll end up being a waste of both our times. So why would i have pressured her? Plus I never want to come across as pushy. So either she lied to him or he's lying to me but either way it make me so aggravated. If she decided not to do the show just tell me yourself. You know? I mean even if it's in an email. Don't sit there and make up lies about me and have your husband be so very rude. She's bought from me twice and both times spent almost $100. I just don't get it. I went ahead and emailed the host she booked from to see if she might have not been able to do it this month. This is what I emailed to her
"Hi! How are you doing? I hope good! :) I tried to call Sarah but her husband said she hadn't been feeling well. I hope that she's doing okay. He did say she wasn't wanting to do the show in October. Since I didn't get to talk to her did you want to check with her and make sure she didn't want a different month? I know if she's not feeling well she might not want to do it right now. So I just wanted to let her know there were other months available. In fact, stoneware is going on special in Novemeber so that's a great time to do a show. He also sounded like he had the impression that I had talked her into a show and I am always trying to be very low pressure so it kind of bothers me if I came off that way to her. I keep thinking I just asked her if she wanted to book a show and she said she did. But that's been a bit ago so maybe I am mistaken. Anyway, if you could let her know I didn't think I pressured her but I am sorry if I came off that way. I try very hard not to. I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!"

It still just burns me up the way he acted to me. It took a lot just to not let him have it on the phone.
Thanks for letting me vent.
God bless,
Amanda

Amanda don't let it bother you! You have no idea whats going on between the two of them. He may be the extreme controllling type and maybe she was planning on doing the show while he was at work or away. Because you didn't talk to her directly you truly don't know what is going on in that home and whatever it is its not your fault and you did nothing wrong. I'm glad you can vent its always good to get things off your chest but in this case you really don't know all the facts!

Bless and release or pray for her, she just might need it!

TammyStar said:
Amanda don't let it bother you! You have no idea whats going on between the two of them. He may be the extreme controllling type and maybe she was planning on doing the show while he was at work or away. Because you didn't talk to her directly you truly don't know what is going on in that home and whatever it is its not your fault and you did nothing wrong. I'm glad you can vent its always good to get things off your chest but in this case you really don't know all the facts!

Bless and release or pray for her, she just might need it!

I agree. She probably really wants to host a show. You never know someone's story.

Thanks guys. And to be honest, he seemed a bit that way on the phone (controlling, I mean). I know that very well may be the case. That's why I sent the email to her good friend (the prior host that she booked from). Normally I wouldn't have done that but this was a different case. This girl has my email address so if she'd really have wanted to cancel herself I would have thought she'd just email me and let me know. I understand someone might not want to tell you on the phone. I just would have preferred to hear directly from her. But apparently he has no plans of letting me talk to her. I think prayers are more of what's needed for her. Thanks guys!
God bless,
Amanda

Don't worry, it could just be the husband, I had someone cancel because her husband thought it was wrong for her to get free products by asking her friends to spend money at her party. Then she held a catalog show. To me that didn't make sense, with a catalog show they have to spend money but dont get the fun night out or the free food. Anyway maybe she didn't tell him? But the funny thing is this was a group that made Pampered Chef their moms night out and took turns going to each others shows so each one got the host benefits. And to top it off she spent quite a bit at the show she came to, so its ok to spend your money to help your friend but not have them do the same. I never could quite figure it out and I felt a little sorry for her.

cincychef said:
her husband thought it was wrong for her to get free products by asking her friends to spend money at her party.

she spent quite a bit at the show she came to, so its ok to spend your money to help your friend but not have them do the same. I never could quite figure it out .

I have had this happen too and just do not get it...

Maybe they are in a financial crunch and he figures she is going to spend money instead of get free stuff! Hope you reach her or your previous host does!

I hope everything works out for both of you. I pray your potential hosts home life is good.

I had a similar thing many years ago where any time I would call this host in the evening, her DH (definitely not short for DEAR husband) would answer the phone and basically tell me off - saying she doesn't want to do this, stop calling, she only booked b/c she felt sorry for me, etc...then the next day she would call me from work and apologize profusely for his behavior and assure me we were still on. She was very specific about what time I needed to arrive and be finished by and ultimately had a $1000 show in under 2 hours. Her friends all seemed to "know the rules" - be in & out in under 2 hours and not leave a trace of having been there. It was all so so sad. She confided a bit in me saying he was horrible and she was working on getting ready to leave him - thus the PC show to earn some free stuff to help her get started in her new place. Totally bizarre situation and I felt so very sorry for her.

Well, I got to talk to her friend, the past host. She said this lady is pregnant with her first baby (which I knew when we booked) but she is very sick with it. Throwing up 20-30 times a day. I've been there done that and I know I couldn't have did a show either. However, since her husband wasn't very forthcoming with that info and was rude to me and lied to me, I still wonder about her home life. I do hope she feels better soon because I was the same way with my first. It was horrible and lasted the whole pregnancy. They finally had to put me on meds for it. So I can relate. However, the husband didn't need to be the way he was about it. All he had to tell me was the truth.

Oh my! Poor thing...I'm sure her husband berating her PC lady really makes her feel a lot better after throwing up 30 times!! :(

I'm so sorry all this happened ...

It could be that she has absolutely no idea that you called or what her husband said.

It could also be that it was a very long night for both of them ... he could have been holding her hair while she puked ... and could have been on the receiving end of a stress-filled angry rant ... and your call could have come at a very bad time.

We have no idea what is going on with people when we dial!

1. How should I handle unkindness from a colleague or client in a professional setting?

It's important to remain calm and composed in these situations. Take a deep breath and try to understand the root cause of their unkindness. Respond with empathy and professionalism, and try to find a resolution that benefits both parties.

2. What if I am the one being unkind in a business setting?

If you realize that you have been unkind to a colleague or client, it's important to take responsibility and apologize. Acknowledge your behavior and make an effort to improve it in the future. This will help maintain a positive and respectful working relationship.

3. How can I prevent unkindness in the workplace?

Creating a culture of respect and open communication is key in preventing unkindness in the workplace. Encourage colleagues to speak up if they feel disrespected and address any issues promptly. Lead by example and treat others with kindness and professionalism.

4. What if the unkindness is coming from a superior or someone in a position of power?

In these situations, it's important to remain professional and address the issue directly with the person. If the behavior continues, you may need to escalate the situation to a higher authority or HR. It's important to document any instances of unkindness for evidence.

5. How can I cope with the emotional toll of dealing with unkindness in business?

Talking to a trusted colleague or seeking support from a therapist can be helpful in coping with the emotional toll of unkindness in the workplace. It's also important to practice self-care and set boundaries to protect your mental well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy