• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Opinions--Sorry I Needed to Vent

In summary, the conversation discusses a woman who has been trading catalog shows with the speaker and has recently contacted the speaker wanting to participate in an open house show. The speaker is unsure if they should respond and is considering whether or not to.
pamperedharriet
I usually don't vent on here but find myself trying to figure out the best way of handling this.

A couple of years ago at a vendor fair someone who then sold Tupperware wanted to trade catalog shows with me and I gave in. I got some orders that were done on her website and my show didn't qualify, but of course she got commission on these orders as they process show orders differently than PC. (turns out lots of my friends prefer PC (Yeah me)). She didn't get me any orders, said she was sick and then 6 months later asked to be taken off my mailing list which I did and sent her a note back that sorry you no longer want to receive my PC newsletters and I would remove her from my listings. She then sent me an e-mail a month later to invite me to help her on her venture (jewelry). I sent her a note saying good luck with her new venture and why if she didn't want any e-mail from me was she coming to me for help--no response back. Two months later I got an order from her on my website (individual order) with her leaving her contact info off. OK, no problem there.

Today I got another e-mail from her, she is with another DS company and wants me to participate in her open house show. It's nothing that I would use but need to respond.

I just can't get over the take me off your mailings list and then getting mailings from her for all of her business ventures. I don't think that is a good business practice.

I want to respond to her and not get her angry as one never knows what the future holds. I can't help but wonder if that order she made on my website back a year ago was just to say hey, I gave you an order, now help me again.

So, what do you think I should do? Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!!

If she left off her contact info when she placed her order, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd probably just say "No, but thanks for thinking of me." and leave it at that. She never followed through in the first place with the catalog show, and then she didn't even want to be on your mailing list. I wouldn't feel any sense of obligation to her, and I wouldn't feel that she needs any explanation. Just "No Thank You", and leave it.

I find it funny that she doesn't want to receive your newsletter, but she has obviously kept you on a mailing list of some sort. :rolleyes:

I agree with Becky, just say no thank you and leave it alone. You could also ask to be removed from her mailing list or just delete them in the future LOL

She's bouncing around companies which says something about her business practices and follow-through as well!

Recruit her. Show her how it's done!

Instead of thinking of it as something you are doing for her think of participating in her Open House as a way to bring YOU new contacts. Kill her with kindness and grow your business. You don't have to have anymore contact with her than you want. The delete key can be your friend. Sometimes some emails don't warrant a response. However, if you feel like you need to respond because that's who you are (a nice person) then I would reply with the words Becky provided. "Thanks for thinking of me, but no thank you." Polite and simple. If she wants and explanation you can give it to her when she asks, but it is unlikely that she will.

A MK rep and I were talking recently about people who hop from DS company to DS company. Moving on from a company once your passion for their products is gone and picking up with another that has ignited your passion is one thing. This person sounds like one of those who figures she'll be successful if she just finds the right product, not realizing that the basics of DS are the same. Success comes from work.It sounds like you really aren't interested, so the suggestions that you simply tell her thanks but you're not interested are good advice. You won't be burning any bridges, but you won't be setting yourself up for her to think you're obligated to her in some way.

I agree with Scott.... Maybe she needs a great leader to show her the success of DS companies... YOU would be awesome!

Wouldn't it be kind of awkward to try to recruit someone when they are just getting started w/ another DS business? Maybe she does need someone to train her right, but I can't even imagine the right words to say to start a recruiting discussion with someone just starting a new business. If the person didn't even want to get PC newsletters, I wouldn't think she'd be very receptive to whatever business approach Harriet would take. KWIM?I think I'd do what Becky said. And maybe in my e-mail signature I'd put some sort of catchy recruiting message. :D

Sounds to me like she's conflicted and still looking for her passion.

I think possibly she asked you to remove her because at the time she was trying to concentrate on her own business and that particular day she didn't need to know what was going on in PC. She sounds like she doesn't realize the impact of networking and the two way street it can be.

I'd say that you are "unable to participate this time but thanks for thinking about me".

I like to keep all channels open. Sometime when you get a chance you could talk to her and mention that you noticed that she's tried several different companies. Ask her if she's having trouble finding her passion and see if you can help her focus. She might someday be your shining star recruit. :cool: :rolleyes:

[or she just wants to use you in which case, bless and release]

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments. I truly do appreciate them. I get e-mails (newsletters) from other DS companies and don't hit take me off your list as one never knows when something may come of it. I think it's how I feel about the person and how they treat others. If I don't want it after I read it I delete it--no big deal.

I resent people signing me up on their newsletters without asking my permission. I have on occassion hit the remove key on those I definately don't want to have contact with but on some I just let it be for networking.

Whenever I get an order from someone not on my mailing list who places an order on my website or through a show I always ask if they would like to be added on. I think that is the polite way. Most people are very happy that I asked instead of just assuming because they ordered I should add them. Some ended up being great customers and hosts. Others ordered just to help a friend and already have a consultant.

I am going to send her a note back saying thanks but no thanks for thinking of me and let it be. She tends to bounce from one DS to another and apparently hasn't found her nitch. I personally feel that she would not be happy with PC either and would end up giving me more of a headache if I recruited her. With all I have going on here I don't need someone like her. I just can't get over her wanting to be off my list but apparently she wants to keep me in mind for whatever comes her way.

Her Open house is an Online catalog show (I forgot to mention). Must be her 1st so called show, very misleading. I never heard of the company, don't care for their website. So I wouldn't be able to meet anyone to network with.

I appreciate your support and ear for my venting! You are all wonderful friends!!!!!♥

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks everyone for your advice and comments. I truly do appreciate them. I get e-mails (newsletters) from other DS companies and don't hit take me off your list as one never knows when something may come of it. I think it's how I feel about the person and how they treat others. If I don't want it after I read it I delete it--no big deal.

I resent people signing me up on their newsletters without asking my permission. I have on occassion hit the remove key on those I definately don't want to have contact with but on some I just let it be for networking.

Whenever I get an order from someone not on my mailing list who places an order on my website or through a show I always ask if they would like to be added on. I think that is the polite way. Most people are very happy that I asked instead of just assuming because they ordered I should add them. Some ended up being great customers and hosts. Others ordered just to help a friend and already have a consultant.

I am going to send her a note back saying thanks but no thanks for thinking of me and let it be. She tends to bounce from one DS to another and apparently hasn't found her nitch. I personally feel that she would not be happy with PC either and would end up giving me more of a headache if I recruited her. With all I have going on here I don't need someone like her. I just can't get over her wanting to be off my list but apparently she wants to keep me in mind for whatever comes her way.

Her Open house is an Online catalog show (I forgot to mention). Must be her 1st so called show, very misleading. I never heard of the company, don't care for their website. So I wouldn't be able to meet anyone to network with.

I appreciate your support and ear for my venting! You are all wonderful friends!!!!!♥

You do already have enough to deal with! You've met her, and already have a gut feeling about her, and a woman's intuition is a powerful tool. Definitely use it in this instance.

PC needs to remain fun and stress-free for you! :love:

ChefBeckyD said:
You do already have enough to deal with! You've met her, and already have a gut feeling about her, and a woman's intuition is a powerful tool. Definitely use it in this instance.

PC needs to remain fun and stress-free for you! :love:

Thanks so much, Becky!!! You sure have that right ! I love PC and yes some months have there ups and downs with bookings and sales but I am not ready to hang up my apron. It helps me get through some rough days with the love and support of friends and customers who love our products. The good does outway the stress and I it is now 6 years since I signed my agreement! My dealings with her haven't been the best and I don't want her to take away my love of PC! :love:

I am sorry, but I just have to laugh at how clueless she is!! (and yet its sad, too)

update!!!!!

Would you believe that after I sent her an e-mail back saying thanks but no thanks that I just received a newsletter from her????? I sent it back with a note asking if she would like to be put back on my mailing list again. I am curious if she responds now!

I wonder if she will get a clue. Please let us know how she replies!

So far no response. Will let you know if I do. Maybe now she is getting the hint.

1. What prompted the need for opinions and venting?

The person asking for opinions and venting may have encountered a challenging situation or faced a difficult decision that they need help with. They may also be feeling overwhelmed or frustrated and just need to vent to someone.

2. How can I provide helpful opinions?

When giving your opinion, try to be understanding and empathetic. Listen to the person's concerns and offer practical advice or solutions. Avoid being judgmental or dismissive of their feelings.

3. Is it appropriate to vent in a professional setting?

It is important to maintain professionalism in the workplace, but it is also important to have a support system. If you trust your colleagues and feel comfortable doing so, it is okay to share your frustrations with them. However, be mindful of the language and tone you use.

4. Can I ask for opinions on personal matters?

It is best to keep personal matters outside of the workplace. However, if you have a close relationship with your colleagues and feel comfortable discussing personal issues with them, it is okay to ask for their opinions. Just make sure to respect their boundaries and privacy.

5. How can I offer my support without getting involved in the situation?

If you do not feel comfortable giving your opinion or getting involved in the situation, simply offer your support by listening and being there for the person. Let them know that you are there to help in any way you can, but also respect their boundaries and decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
Replies