• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustration of Leaving Things Behind: Tips for Avoiding It

In summary, Amanda was frustrated because she left her mini serving spatula and her medium scoop at her host's house, and she also left her rack for the large round stone at another party. She also forgot her skinny scraper and told her host about it. She has replaced many things over the years, but she still leaves pieces of herself around. Sue does the same thing and has left things behind, but she also takes things that aren't hers.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am so frustrated with myself. :grumpy: I just realized that I left my mini serving spatula and my medium scoop at my host's house. :cry: Ugg! I hate leaving little pieces of me behind! It's times like this that I think I should just put my things in the rubbermaid bin dirty and bring things home to wash. But I just feel like I can't pack up right like that. I thought I did all the dishes, but I used a few of her products and when I was going to wash hers she told me to not worry about it and that she'd stick them in her dishwasher. I should have double checked. Man, how frustrating. I noticed the scoop the other day and so I told her about it today. Now tonight I went to serve brownies and realized my mini spatula is gone too. How embarrassing to have to tell her there is something else now. :blushing:

Amanda, I went through a wave of that about a year ago and never did get some things back. I had to replace a few things, but it wasn't a big deal. At least you didn't leave your DCB or a piece of cookware!Most hosts are understanding--don't sweat it.

So far I just bring my dirty things home and put them in the dishwasher. Otherwise in this rural area I would be gone forever. Most of my shows have taken over 2-3 hours to finish up. I have had to wait on people to place their orders before I could even leave.

I too have left many items behind at shows. The one time I left behind the rack for the large round stone. The hostess swore it wasn't there, and I believed her b/c she hated the stoneware and refused to use it, so why would she keep the rack right? Imagine my surprise and irritation when she ordered a large round stone at the next party...no rack.

I have lost many a mini serving spatula. I can't ever remember where.

I did recently forget my skinny scraper but remembered whose show I left it at. Well she gave me hers which is probably years old and I just replaced all 4 of mine this past fall so I will be replacing my skinny again b/c the one she gave me back is not mine. I don't remember chew marks on mine or a yellowish (old) looking tint.

I put a tub under the table, and as I use the products, they go in the tub. I bring all my dishes home to wash. So much easier for me, and it frees up my time to give personal service at checkout.

Yep, part of the hazzards of the job! I leave things behind all the time too. If they are inexpensive I let the host keep them. If not, I make a point to retrieve them.

Sue I do the same thing. It is reallt easy! That being said, I do still leave pieces of me around :)

I've left things behind, and I've also taken things that weren't mine!

So now, I make it a rule to NEVER use any tools that belong to the host. If she offers, I just explain that I am notorious for packing up the things that belong to her, and so it's better if we just keep them completely separate.

For years, I washed my dishes at home, but now, I do them at the host's home. When I am done with the demo, I let them know they can help themselves to something to eat, and chat and shop, while I start cleaning up. I tell them that as soon as they are ready to check out, I will help them, and to just let me know. Often, I will have guests helping me wash up, and asking questions and chatting. I have found that washing dishes with them actually gives me an even better relationship with them, and then, when they check out - it's such an easy thing to ask them if they'd like to host!

AND - I don't have to wash dishes when I get home, and my kit is all ready and packed to go for the next show!:thumbup:

I have left lots of mini serving spatulas, the cleaning tool for my garlic press and I left a stoneware fluted pan at a host house (an hour away). I just let her keep it. I wasn't going to drive another 2 hours just to get it.
Now, I make a joke about it during my shows that I have been known to leave stuff at hosts house and maybe you would be the lucky host whose house I would leave something at next.

I just left my big whisk and one prep bowl at a hosts house, thankfully she is only about 10 min away, I just went to pick them up this weekend...at least she told me about it, I've never left something at a host house where they've taken it and not told me, guess I"m lucky!

mrssyvo said:
I put a tub under the table, and as I use the products, they go in the tub. I bring all my dishes home to wash. So much easier for me, and it frees up my time to give personal service at checkout.

I decided Sunday that I was going back to this routine. I used to do it, then got the rolling case for products (I love it) so I thought I would clean all the dishes at my show and repack the case. We'll, I don't like how much time it takes and considering we are rural, I'm getting home too late! So, I'm gonna pack my rolling case with my products, my rubbermaid tote with paperwork/computer/lapboards etc. then when I leave that will go in the case the the dishes are going in the rubbermaid. I also feel like I'm not "working" the room 'cause I'm doing the dishes...however this weekend I had a good host who did my dishes:thumbup:

What are some common items that people tend to leave behind when traveling?

Some common items that people tend to leave behind when traveling include chargers, toiletries, passports/IDs, medications, and personal items like sunglasses or jewelry.

How can I avoid leaving important items behind when traveling?

One way to avoid leaving important items behind when traveling is to make a list of everything you need to bring before you start packing. Then, as you pack each item, check it off the list. This will help ensure that you don't forget anything. You can also use packing cubes or designated travel organizers to keep your items organized and easily accessible.

What are some tips for remembering to pack all of my important items?

One tip for remembering to pack all of your important items is to pack your bags at least a day in advance. This will give you time to double check your list and make sure you have everything you need. You can also place a reminder on your phone or write a note to yourself to pack certain items. Another helpful tip is to designate a specific spot in your luggage for important items, so you always know where they are.

What should I do if I realize I've left something behind after I've already left for my trip?

If you realize you've left something behind after you've already left for your trip, try not to panic. First, contact the place you were staying (hotel, rental, etc.) to see if they can hold onto the item for you until you can retrieve it. You can also ask a trusted friend or family member to send the item to you or see if you can purchase a replacement at your destination.

Is there anything I can do to prevent frustration and stress when leaving things behind?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to prevent frustration and stress when leaving things behind. First, try to stay organized and pack your bags early. This will give you time to double check and make sure you have everything. You can also create a packing list specifically for important items, so you don't forget anything. Lastly, try to have a positive attitude and remind yourself that mistakes happen and it's not the end of the world if you forget something.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdawn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies