• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why didn't the police check my backyard after someone tried to open my door?

In summary, Kristen's house was being invaded by some unknown person and she was scared. She woke up her DH and they both went to check the front door. They found out the intruder had ran away. Kristen is glad she acted quickly and responsibly.
kristenlee
I am totally freaked out. Some one just shook my front doorknob. I was layin on the couch and suddenly my front door started know started shaking, someone was trying to open my front door. I freaked, jumped up and ran to my front door and just pounded on it with my fist in an effort scare the person away (not sure if that was the smartest thing to do.) then I looked out the peep hole and saw someone running across my front lawn. Then I called 911 and they sent someone out to look around and check the neighborhood. So then the officer checked the neighborhood with the spotlight and then CALLED me, and said they didn't see anyone and that I must have scared them away by pounding on the door. My question is why the bleep did they not come knock on my door and check on me and why did they not check my back yard :mad: ?? In order to check my back yard they would of had to come thru my house unless they can jump and 8foot fence, my gates have locks on them so they couldn't of just opened them. Guess since they didn't see anyone walking around it wasn't worth looking a little closer for someone hiding, or knock on my door and make sure I was ok.

Ok I am done venting. Sorry just got really spooked. Hopefully I can sleep now, but somehow I think in will be a sleepless night for me. I am going to keep my baseball bat by my side.

Kristen

Oh my gosh!!! That would completely freak me out too!!

Do you all think it was the right thing for me to do pound the door, the more I think about the more I think it was a stupid thing to do. I just kinda snapped when the door knob started shaking

It made him run so I don't think it was a terrible thing. If he was trying to rob you, now he knows you're on guard AND you called the cops. Now you're too dangerous a target.

ok, thanks for making me feel better. I was just so dissapointed w/the police. They did tell me to check and make sure all my doors and window were locked. well, no duh. ok I am calmed down a little more and am going to try and sleep

"You gotta play it like you're alone out there. You gotta play it like there are no police. You are responsible for yourself to yourself ... and you gotta have a plan."
--J.J. Bittenbinder
You absolutely did the right thing by pounding on the door. The goof will think twice about coming back to you - he's going to find someone who is not as tough a target!See J.J.'s site for more.

That is very scary. I don't think you did the wrong thing. At least you didn't open the door. I probably would have just stayed on the coach, frozen. OR, I would have run upstairs and shook my DH awake. FREAKY!

Uh! How scary!

I think you did the right thing- whoever it was will steer clear of you since you were so aware.

They were probably looking around for unlocked doors to go in. I think I would have peed my pants!

Kristen -- I'm glad you're ok. I'm thankful for my dog right now. He's a softie with us but VERY protective. No one can get up our front stairs without him jumping into the front window and going ballistic to warn us.

KG -- that guy looks like he's on the cover of my cough drops... that moustache rocks!

He's pretty flippin' cool though :) His name totally matches his look.

Sorry Jean Jonas -- I have a new hero.

Ok -- I lie.. I still want to be Jean when I grow up!!!!

How scary! This brings back memories for me. When I was in high school I was home sick one day - usually no one would be home in our family. I got up out of bed to use the rest room and heard what sounded like an electric drill by our front door. Yes, I think someone was trying to get into our house!! I did something similar to you - I started making noise. I can't remember what I did. I think I may have turned the stereo on real loud. At any rate, it scared him/her/them away. I was stupid and didn't call the police. We never had any problems again.

I always lock my doors even during the day. My extended family thinks I'm crazy, but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Stay safe!

yummybytes said:
Kristen -- I'm glad you're ok. I'm thankful for my dog right now. He's a softie with us but VERY protective. No one can get up our front stairs without him jumping into the front window and going ballistic to warn us.

KG -- that guy looks like he's on the cover of my cough drops... that moustache rocks!

He's pretty flippin' cool though :) His name totally matches his look.

Sorry Jean Jonas -- I have a new hero.

Ok -- I lie.. I still want to be Jean when I grow up!!!!
He's tall, too, you should hear him talk.

In fact, you SHOULD hear him talk.

"I've been throwing goofs up against the wall for 23 years and I have yet to find a Mensa card." Ya gotta love someone like that!

pampchefrhondab said:
How scary! This brings back memories for me. When I was in high school I was home sick one day - usually no one would be home in our family. I got up out of bed to use the rest room and heard what sounded like an electric drill by our front door. Yes, I think someone was trying to get into our house!! I did something similar to you - I started making noise. I can't remember what I did. I think I may have turned the stereo on real loud. At any rate, it scared him/her/them away. I was stupid and didn't call the police. We never had any problems again.

I always lock my doors even during the day. My extended family thinks I'm crazy, but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Stay safe!

I too keep the doors locked during the day, and yes, my hubby thinks I'm nuts too. I live in a small town, but that doesn't mean crime doesn't happen there too. Years ago (20 or more) some mentally challenged man walked right into my Grandparents house and sat down and wouldn't leave. My Grandma was able to sneak out the back door and come to our house to use the phone. The cops came and took him away. I've locked my doors ever since. He didn't hurt anyone, and I don't think he had any intentions of doing so, it was just kind of creepy. We lived back a dead end road, and most of the people that lived on that road at the time were all related. I have no idea how he even got there. He didn't have a car.

I think you did the right thing by making noise. What if you had taken the time to call the police first, and he managed to get in? You could have been hurt!! :eek:

Kristen, glad you're okay... hopefully tonight will be a better night.

I was at the grocery store one day and came home to 2 police cars in my driveway. I pulled in a little nervous and they said that they had been notified because my house alarm had gone off. One police car left after announcing, "the perimeter is secure." The other one stayed with one cop in it and he was writing up his report. Then he said to me, (I just about died), "Why don't you go in and check things out and let me know if everything is okay." WHAT??? He's the one with the gun and he sent me (110 lbs) into the house ALONE to see. It ended up to be a window I left open and the blinds were swining from the breeze and set the motion detector off. Anyway, I was floored that he sent me in alone. Thank goodness no one was in the house!!!!

"Snakes. Why do they have to be snakes?""Asps. Very dangerous, Indy. You go first."

"Ensign, you're on the away team. Go check for signs of intelligent life."

None on this site. Energize.

1. What is "Ok I Am Freaked Out"?

"Ok I Am Freaked Out" is a line of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to help you stay organized and calm in the kitchen. These products include meal planning tools, kitchen organization items, and stress-relieving essentials.

2. How will "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products benefit me?

Our "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products are designed to make cooking and meal planning a stress-free and enjoyable experience. By using these tools, you can save time, stay organized, and reduce the stress of meal preparation.

3. Are "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products only for professional chefs?

No, "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products are designed for anyone who loves to cook and wants to make their kitchen experience more organized and enjoyable. They are perfect for home cooks of all skill levels.

4. What types of products are included in the "Ok I Am Freaked Out" line?

Our "Ok I Am Freaked Out" line includes a variety of products such as meal planners, spice racks, kitchen timers, and stress-relieving tools like aromatherapy diffusers. We are constantly adding new products to the line to help make your kitchen experience more enjoyable.

5. Can I purchase "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products online?

Yes, "Ok I Am Freaked Out" products are available for purchase online through the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase these products through one of our independent consultants at a Pampered Chef party or event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
pcchefjane