• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Someone Scratched the Side of My Van- and My Logo!

In summary, someone vandalized a white van with a black mark and then scratched an "X" across a person's contact information on their personal computer. The victim is considering calling the police.
esavvymom
Staff member
Just have to vent......I noticed yesterday what looks like either a scratch or a pen mark going the entire length of my mini-van (WHITE van, black mark)...and then on the passenger door (front) it looks like they scribbled big circles all over. :mad: We tried rubbing it off, and no luck so far. :grumpy:
We thought it was one of the neighbor boys who's rather immature and does things like that, and plays at our end of the street all the time when my boys are outside, but then I noticed that someone scratched a big "X" across my PC Logo/contact info! So now I know it wasn't the kids....they are too short.

What is WRONG with people?! :grumpy: I may be able to get the mark off if it isn't a scratch...with a lot of elbow grease. And the letters are only noticeable up close- but it just irritates me.

My DH is now talking of putting up a camera that overlooks the front of our yard/drive. *hehe* We had some at our old house because it was very secluded and alot of break-ins....he's just looking for an excuse to get more tech-toys.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to call the police. That is so sad when someone has no respect for your things.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser is my go-to item for getting rid of marks. I'd try it on the logo. For the rest of the car I'd try rubbing compound from the auto parts store. I hit the white post in my carport and the rubbing compound got a lot of the paint off the car. Then I'd focus on getting the dirty varmit who did that to your van.

I would call the police, but from an "egging" incident if the vehicle was parked in the street there is nothing they can charge them with. If it was in your driveway it would be trespassing.

They can charge them with vandalism. I would call the cops if I were you. We had a string of kids painting cars around here..and I recommend that you call them because if they have done it to someone else's car then at least they know about what area they are hitting.A lot of times when that kind of stuff happens unless it is something that someone is trying to personally attack you which this doesn't sound like that then they are doing it to other people as well.Trust me as a 911 Dispatcher I hate when people call for stupid stuff..but this is not stupid..this is something that needs to be reported.

Call your insurance company...we had damage done to our car by neighborhood kids a few years ago, and it was covered.

It's not enough damage to warrant an insurance claim. I'll try to find the compound and see what I can get off. I do have the Magic Erasers- was planning on getting those out. THe car needs a good wash down anyway ;). I think it is just pen. It isn't a scratch...at least it doesn't FEEL like one- no groove. So I'm hopeful....just irritated. We have windows that overlook our garage. My DH wants to put a camera out there in case it is local kids/teens (we have a few of those in the area). I don't think I'll do anything with the cops- unless I start noticing MORE damaged things...then for sure! Guess I'll wash my car this week so I can keep a closer eye on any future damage.
It just amazes me though what kids/people, who are old enough to know better- what they do.

I had my car magnet stolen at the Getty Museum here in Los Angeles!!! I KNOW it was there when we parked because before going to the museum I parked at my sis-in-law's apartment complex with assigned parking in someone else's spot and I had done it before and the person came home and was able to call my phone because my number was on the thing. So I thought about it when I parked at my sis-in-law's and remember seeing it on my car when we walked back to the car to leave for the museum. I thought "hey, if they call and order then it's worth it!" (it was free from Vista Print) but I didn't get any calls from out of the blue so I guess someone just got annoyed with it?! It was a parking structure you had to pay $15 to get in so it's not like it would be just random neighborhood kids. Totally confused me!

Have you talked to any of your neighbors to see if they hit anyone else?

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with juvenile stuff like this!I would make an incident report with your local police department. What if they happened to catch the kids 3 houses down doing the same thing and already know who the suspects are? You might get some community service work out of them (if they are old enough) or monetary compensation from the parents. If not, they can at least know that there's a problem in the neighborhood & start doing "extra patrols" to try & deter additional acts of crime. ;)

We actually moved out of our last house due to this problem. The neighborhood went sour very fast and we only had a one car garage. Our home and car was vandalized several times.

There is no way would I have my car vandalized and not make my insurance company pay for it. That's why I pay them so much money every year in order for them to protect my belongings. Vandalism is not like a "hit and run" if you have a $0 deductible (which there is no way in h3ll I would not where I live) then you pay nothing.

Good luck.. and if you are friendly with your neighbors, be sure to ask around.

Wow, I'd agree with making out a police report. That way you're covered if, heaven forbid, something else happens.

Wow Bobbi that stinks. I too have police connections and you do need to report it. The way police know what neighborhoods need a little more coverage is by stats. Stats that you, the public, provide. If you live in a neighborhood where there are things happening and you have 27 calls and another neighborhood has things going on but has 48 calls, which neighborhood do you think they will watch? So the more calls from a neighborhood, the better it is. Even if it is something you think is insignificant. We live in a neighborhood where we are constantly asking for more coverage. and we live in a neighborhood where people complain about everything but never call the police.
Then they all wonder why they never see the police! It's a numbers game. Those calls are like bids for attention. The more bids, the more likely you win the prize! So make that call! Even if nothing comes of it now, it may in the future.

I also feel this should be reported. If this is the first report then it will start the paper trail for any future incidents for you and your neighbors. But maybe the police already have some leads, this could be useful information. I would also turn it in to the insurance, I also agree that is why you pay them! =)

Did the ink come off? I used to use rubbing alcohol to remove pen marks off of nonporous materials... just in case nothing else works.

1. What should I do if someone has scratched the side of my van and damaged my logo?

If someone has scratched the side of your van and damaged your logo, the first step is to document the damage by taking pictures. This will be helpful for insurance purposes and any potential legal action. You should also contact your insurance company to report the incident and see if the damage is covered under your policy. If the damage is minor, you can also try using a scratch repair kit or taking your van to a professional for repairs.

2. Can I get my logo repaired or replaced through Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef does not offer repairs or replacements for damaged logos. However, you can contact our customer service team for recommendations on where to get your logo repaired or replaced.

3. How can I prevent my logo from being scratched in the future?

To prevent your logo from being scratched in the future, you can invest in a protective film or cover for your van. You can also park in well-lit areas and avoid parking too close to other vehicles. Additionally, consider getting your logo professionally painted or vinyl-wrapped for added durability.

4. Will my insurance cover the cost of repairing or replacing my logo?

This will depend on your insurance policy and the specific circumstances of the incident. It's best to contact your insurance company and provide them with the details and evidence of the damage to determine if it is covered under your policy.

5. Can I remove the scratches from my logo myself?

If the scratches are minor, you can try using a scratch repair kit or a DIY solution like toothpaste or nail polish remover. However, for more severe scratches or damage, it's best to take your van to a professional for repairs to ensure the best results and prevent further damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
Replies