• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Fundraising Show Survive the Snowstorm?

In summary, Keri is a resident of Connecticut, and her neighboring state of New York is experiencing a severe winter storm. Keri's host is having difficulty finding enough guests to attend their fundraiser and is considering holding a catalog show instead. The weather is improving in Keri's area, but the host is still worried about potential cancellations.
chefkeri
I have to vent. I don't even know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I have my first fundraising show tomorrow night and they are predicting 6+ inches before it's all over around 6:00 PM tomorrow night!!! :eek:

What am I going to do? My show is less than 1 mile from my house, so I am there no matter what... but what about all our guests?!? :confused:

I have offered 10% off white items; free shipping if you don't order white...

I have promised and extra $2 for each booking. I need this show to get some spring bookings. I am not in danger of going inactive, but I really wanted this!

Any advice from you who have been dealing w/ more snow than usual? I wanted to plan a snow date, but the date is so "end of the month", I couldn't!

I plan to help the host make calls late tomorrow if it comes to that....

Thanks for listening! Wish me luck! :(

Good luck - praying the snow clears and you do well!

Hey Keri!
Where in CT are you? I am in NY. My SIL is in Ridgefield...

If the dire forecast is as accurate there as it was here, you've got little to worry about.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If the dire forecast is as accurate there as it was here, you've got little to worry about.

LOL! VERY true - my TV was beeping non-stop for the last 24 hours with snow alerts! We got about 4" last night but that's nothing for us... Our DIRE weather tonight turned out to be a pretty light dusting for a little while...

(Watch, now it'll prove me wrong and we'll get a foot tonight!)

What about taking it online/by telephone? If guests can't make it but place an online or by telephone order they can get 10-15% off white items...? Just an idea.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Haha, that's for sure! We were supposed to get about 6 inches Saturday night, woke up to a trace; the ground wasn't even covered.:rolleyes:
Good luck!

Fear comes true :(
SusanBP0129 said:
Hey Keri!
Where in CT are you? I am in NY. My SIL is in Ridgefield...

I am in Danbury :)

We got about 4 inches +/-... By 11:00 the roads were amazingly clear :) :)
But my host called and NO ONE is coming :mad:

She is very embarassed, disappointed and out right mad... I told her we could do a catalog show. I would call everyone. I would offer loads of benefits if they order or even book a show. She said she has called everyone and will now send a sympathetic email trying to get orders...

She is a repeat host who usually can pull together $1K ++ shows. Oh well, I only hope I can get any kind of show out of this. I feel so bad because my host really wanted to do a good job for her fundraiser...:(

Thanks for the well wishes & advice. Can't help "mother nature"...:p

That stinks :(

I am right across the Tappan Zee Bridge in Rockland County, NY! I lived in Monroe, CT until I was 7.

chefkeri said:

I am in Danbury :)

We got about 4 inches +/-... By 11:00 the roads were amazingly clear :) :)
But my host called and NO ONE is coming :mad:

She is very embarassed, disappointed and out right mad... I told her we could do a catalog show. I would call everyone. I would offer loads of benefits if they order or even book a show. She said she has called everyone and will now send a sympathetic email trying to get orders...

She is a repeat host who usually can pull together $1K ++ shows. Oh well, I only hope I can get any kind of show out of this. I feel so bad because my host really wanted to do a good job for her fundraiser...:(

Thanks for the well wishes & advice. Can't help "mother nature"...:p

I'm so sorry Keri :(

Bummer! At least she knows this isn't the norm and isn't your "fault."

Keri, I am so sorry:( I hope the host is not mad at you. Is there anyway that you could set up a table where people affliated with the organization who were going to attend the fundraising event might be gathering? Not sure what kind of a fundraiser that it is but it seems that at some point there would be a group gathering somewhere.
Or, would there be a possibility of planning a snow date?
I am sure the 20% stoneware would be a draw for orders.
Let us know how you make out.
Ann

1. What is "Stressing in the No.east!!!"?

"Stressing in the No.east!!!" is a popular cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy recipes for busy individuals in the Northeast region.

2. Who can attend the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class?

Anyone who is interested in learning simple and delicious recipes can attend the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class. It is open to all individuals in the Northeast region.

3. What types of recipes are taught in the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class?

The "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class covers a variety of recipes including quick weeknight meals, make-ahead dishes, and recipes that use local ingredients found in the Northeast region.

4. Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class?

No, the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class is designed for individuals of all cooking levels. Our instructors will guide you through each recipe step-by-step.

5. How do I sign up for the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class?

You can sign up for the "Stressing in the No.east!!!" class through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. Spaces are limited, so we recommend signing up in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
laylaleigh
  • laylaleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookin to the top