• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I Need My I-Pod By May 19? New Web Details Explained

In summary, the new website and app are available to upper level directors and new consultants, but the rest of us will have to wait until June 30 to use it.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I know the new web will be available May 3 to upper level directors and new consultants, but what about the rest of us?

I have a show on May 19. I am planning some major car repair between now and then and would like to know if I will need to have my I-Pod Touch in my posession by then if I am to take orders.

the new consultants corner thingy will be released by level, but the new faqs say that the app will be available to everyone (including) consumers for download the week of may 14th. hope that helps!

The new website FAQ document they have up now is really helpful - I found a lot of answers to questions that were circulating at our meeting there (and I am usually a try it out, then ask questions kind of girl ;) )

Lots more info in it, yes!
Can a guest add Replacement Parts to her order at a Show as a non-commissionable item?Not at this time, but we are working toward being able to do this in the future. For now, you’ll continue to order replacement parts as a non-commissionable item. In the new Web, you can add replacement parts to either a supply cart or a product cart. Consultant non-commissionable order tiered shipping rates apply.

Even after they roll it out we will probably be able to use P3 like normal for a while. I would just do what you do for now until we know for sure.

wadesgirl said:
Even after they roll it out we will probably be able to use P3 like normal for a while. I would just do what you do for now until we know for sure.

Per the faq, their plan is June 30 for the end of P3. It says we cant submit p3 shows after that.

Even if your show is set up under the new system you do not have to have an ipad or the app. You'll still be able to do it on your laptop, or you can use your host's computer if it's convenient. Car repairs should be at the top of your list. No sense in having an ipad if your car won't get you to your shows!

The app is slated to be available the week of May 14 BUT they want to be sure everyone has the new web first. They hope to roll it out about a week at a time. Directors and above May 3, then TL and SC, then everyone else. If there are issues getting these large groups up and going the following groups would be delayed a little and therefore the app. We can't get to the consultant part of the app until our new website is up and running so they want us on that first. We can submit shows from either P3 or the web during the transition - from the time we get the new web until June 30. After that we must use the new web. Be sure to keep P3 on your computers though! That will be your only record of purchases before May 2012.

esavvymom said:
Per the faq, their plan is June 30 for the end of P3. It says we cant submit p3 shows after that.

Wow, that's quick.

NooraK said:
Wow, that's quick.

Yeah, I thought so too! Especially with the staggered roll out. For most of us, we won't have the full 2 months to be using it before the cut off. June 30th is not that far off. And some of us don't have tons of shows to submit to get used to the new system before removing P3.

Personally, I think that may be a tad ambitious on their part...unless they have done REALLY good testing. (Let's hope so!)

I would have thought for sure they would have kept P3 active until the end of the year.

kam said:
Yeah, I thought so too! Especially with the staggered roll out. For most of us, we won't have the full 2 months to be using it before the cut off. June 30th is not that far off. And some of us don't have tons of shows to submit to get used to the new system before removing P3.

Personally, I think that may be a tad ambitious on their part...unless they have done REALLY good testing. (Let's hope so!)

I would have thought for sure they would have kept P3 active until the end of the year.

:thumbup::thumbup: I agree, and hope they have tested it. But anyone who has done this knows that is very hard to do. A 65k user test will make or break their system. Hopefully MAKE. ;)

Thanks. I did take one class that talks about how it will be available both ways through a transition period. I'm not going to rush.

Since this show is just 5 days after the New Web will be available to me, I will not be downloading it before this show. I will be in the midst of a MAJOR special project at that time and will be up to my eyeballs. Just worried about how this will affect June shows that don't submit by the 30th.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Thanks. I did take one class that talks about how it will be available both ways through a transition period. I'm not going to rush.

Since this show is just 5 days after the New Web will be available to me, I will not be downloading it before this show. I will be in the midst of a MAJOR special project at that time and will be up to my eyeballs. Just worried about how this will affect June shows that don't submit by the 30th.

quite simply,the way I understand it, you would HAVE to submit any show in P3 by the 30th no matter what, OR put the show into the new system so it can carry over longer. After the 30th, a P3 submitted show wouldnt be accepted.
This is all of course based on that date holding. ;). That would mean a perfect scenario roll out, which we can hope for.

1. Will I need my I-Pod for the new web details on May 19?

Yes, it is recommended to have your I-Pod with you on May 19 to fully experience the new web details.

2. What type of web details will be available on May 19?

The new web details will include updated product information, interactive cooking demos, and exclusive recipes.

3. Do I need to bring my own I-Pod or will there be devices provided?

You will need to bring your own I-Pod. We will not be providing any devices for the new web details.

4. Can I access the new web details without an I-Pod?

No, the new web details are designed specifically for use with an I-Pod. It is recommended to have an I-Pod to fully experience the new features.

5. Will there be a tutorial on how to use the new web details with my I-Pod?

Yes, there will be a tutorial available on May 19 to guide you through using the new web details with your I-Pod. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jendill
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies