• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Encouragement: Struggling with Fundraising and Part-Time Job

In summary, Kathy lost her FD status after recruiting and promoting two people who went inactive. She is considering taking a break from fundraising and focusing on her business.
Kathytnt
This morning I am just about ready to hang up my apron. I was working on a fundraiser and just found out the young lady closed her fundraising account. She wants PC to send a check to her personally - which cannot be done.
I called to talk to her and she was rather cold. In a matter of a few minutes I went from her telling how great I ws to getting the great chill.

I started this to do fundraising and give my commisions to the partipants of the cancer organizations I work with. I have difficulty feeling I can depend on the hosts to provide my ingredients. The few times I have the pie crust was frozen or they were almost forgotten. I am losing money on this deal big time.

I am trying to gradually add more non-fundraiser to my schedule but I feel like all I am ever doing is paperwork. My part-time job is a ton of paperwork too. I am starting to look elsewhere. Thought I was going to be teaching but now I feel like on that job all I am doing is collecting tuition and being their accountant for my schools.

My first recruit is officially inactive so I am not longer an FD. I guess I may get an over-ride for the one month I was an FD.

I just don't know what to do. I try and try to get organized but I feel like I am just putting our fires all the time not getting much done product.

I just need some encouragement.

I love the biz but I am really not making much money due to the fundraising set up. Thought I would have more time once I started the part-time job but I don't get paid for the tuitiion and paperwork time just the teacing time.

Thanks for listening (reading)

I am so sorry. I am praying that God will be a salve to your hurting heart and that He will show you a way to let PC be a joyful part of your life. I don't have any answers... just prayers.

Kathy,

Reaching out with hugs and prayer. We all go through frustrating times and one thing I have learned is not to make any quick decisions during those times. I give myself a certain time period to see how I feel before deciding to quit start or change direction. It sounds like you have frustration with both of your jobs and may need to work on them one at a time. The one thing I value with PC is that I can let it somewhat coast for a while. Maybe focusing on one of the situations at a time will help you make the best decisions for you. I know there have been times I have been frustrated with my PC business (usually due to a host or recruit) but something good always seems to come around the corner. Keep your chin up and know that we're here for you! I know you've had some great contributions to this board and thank you for that.

I am just tired right now - My hubby leaves for work at 5:40 in the morning and I usually can't get back to sleep after he leaves. I need to have him show me how this silly alarm clock works again. Once I wake up I have trouble settling the brain down. I start worrying about all the things I need to get done
Stayed up too late last night submitting an order so I might get one FD override. Think you ahve to submit 1250.

Yes, you do have to submit the $1250 to get the overrides. The good news is that if you recruit another, you will keep your FD status. Can I share my story? I recruited one and she went inactive, then I another two and got promoted to FD, and then one went inactive. I lost my status. Now, I recruited another and one of those who went inactive is beack and ready for business. So, I guess my FD is back... my point is that with this business there will be ups and downs, but if you stick with it, the success is in the longevity. And just because someone goes inactive, doesn't mean its forever!

If it were me, I might take a break from fundraising and focus on building my business back up and having some fun at shows and making some money. One thing I can promise you is that all the good you have done will come back to you in one way or another. A quick way to get some bookings would be working a craft fair. Have some "Show in a Bag"s to give out.

Good luck! And keep your chin up!

You're hooked into a great group here, too. Remember that we've all had times in our business when things didn't go the way we wanted. Keep your chin up. Things WILL get better. :)

The reason I got into Pampered Chef was to do fundraisers for cancer research. I started the business after my mom got sick and as you know from my other posts that my mom passed in June.

Recruit #1 sent me an upsetting e-mail about how my director and I had not been supportive. This is the same person that rarely answers or returns and e-mail or phone call. He sent me the e-mail the day after my mother passed. He knew my mother was very ill - He works with my sister. We had a long talk later but he still just shows up for cluster meetings and rarely returns a call or e-mail. NEXT! LOL! God helps those that help themselves

My frustration with my organization skills and some of my leads not panning out is making it hard for me to pick up the phone. My hubby has giving me the go ahead to build the business if I can get ther organization part down. I hear all these great tips but it so hard to get started and keep things going.

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks

I can so understand your fustrations......I have been selling since April of this year..... I met my frist SS month.... then June rolled around and everyone cancled I had one show in July right before confernce... Then August rolled around one of my biggest months, I had like $1,111.10 in total sales for the month then September rolled around... second biggest month I had $1,234.56 in total sales... and here it is in November... My october was hell partly becasue I spent most of the month SICK... and I do mean sick... I had two shows one of which was almost $700 which I am excited about but after having two huge months..... Oh man my way of thinking was going quickly about focusing.... Here it is November i have on show booked this month so far, and one booked in December..... I sent out a few emails to hostess.... and past guest... and got on the phone!!!!!! Keep your chin up things go up and down with this business.. but stay stead fast and it will all work out in the end... keep your chin up sending lots of hugs.. and support your way!!!!

Kathy,
I know I probably beat the Belinda Ellsworth drum to death - but have you considered her "Power Hour" material? I am not an organization person - in fact, I get claustrophobic when things are too organized! (I know - weird!) However, I know I need some organization to be successful with my business, and I have found her Power Hour System to be just what I need to keep my on track! It's not so much that I feel overwhelmed by the details - but enough so that I'm not missing important things that I need to do for my business.
If you can't afford to buy it yourself - see if some others in your cluster would like to go in with you to buy it - it's pretty simple to duplicate once you have the info - and the CD alone is worth the price!

Organization is so important and so hard to do. A few ideas that may help:

1. Limit your time on tasks by using a timer - that way you don't get overwhelemed - whatever you get done during that time gets done

2. Try to not touch paper more than twice - if at all possible handle & file things right away - or handle and then put in a place for "filing" so that you are not sifting through it for things that still need to be handled

3. Make sure you schedule pamper time for yourself - a few times a week where you take an hour for yourself

4. Schedule time for your family and you

5. It at all possible schedule time when you work on your paperwork so that it is not something you work on all the time

My thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Kathy,
this is cheryl from your step up class, and I am feeling your pain too. It is hard, especially when taking the class and not having our shows the way we want them to feel like we should even be doing this at all. Or if we will ever get to the point where it sounds so easy ( like Nancy Jo :)
BUT, the big thing I do for my house, family and now my PC Business is FLYlady.net
Everyone go check her out www.flylady.net
It is for all of us who are not born orgganized, who spend more time playing office and not getting ahead instead of working, and just to learn to be nice to yourself and to understand good enough.
I love her and if you get past your initial feelings that it is hokey. WILL WORK
Love to you and feel better.

Thank you Cheryl - Ever since I became an FD (for 5 minutes LOL!) I started getting excited about recruiting. But it means more time needed for meeting individuals.
I will check out FLylady.net
When you get a chance could you send me a copy of the host letter you use. I need something that will help me with ALL hosts
Nancy wants us to have goals but I am having trouble figuring out when to do an appt in between all my other obligations. I am also bummed I will miss the last class but glad that I will be able to aprticipate in the organization class

I came to a personal realization the other day Once I found out I had hit FD I got so excited about possibly becoming a director I was putting too much pressure on myself. I knew that on of my team was most likely going to become inactive. If I get overwhelmed I end up getting depressed. I am just going to take the pressure off myself. I will do the best I can. I was losing the joy of PC by putting on this pressure on myself.

Kathytnt said:
I came to a personal realization the other day Once I found out I had hit FD I got so excited about possibly becoming a director I was putting too much pressure on myself. I knew that on of my team was most likely going to become inactive. If I get overwhelmed I end up getting depressed. I am just going to take the pressure off myself. I will do the best I can. I was losing the joy of PC by putting on this pressure on myself.

Good for you for realizing that. Remember why you started PC. Sometimes when I 'm depressed about a venture/project I create a list of all the reasons I started it which helps me refocus.

1. How can I balance my part-time job and fundraising efforts?

Balancing a part-time job and fundraising can be challenging, but it is important to create a schedule and prioritize your tasks. Set aside specific days and times for fundraising activities and communicate your availability with your employer. You may also consider delegating some fundraising tasks to other team members or volunteers.

2. What are some effective fundraising strategies for someone with a part-time job?

There are many effective fundraising strategies for someone with a part-time job, such as hosting a bake sale, selling products or services, organizing a charity event, or reaching out to friends and family for donations. You can also consider leveraging social media and online platforms to reach a larger audience.

3. I am feeling discouraged about my fundraising efforts. What can I do to stay motivated?

Fundraising can be a challenging and sometimes discouraging task, but remember that every little bit helps and your efforts are making a difference. Stay motivated by setting achievable goals, celebrating small wins, and reminding yourself of the impact your fundraising has on the cause you are supporting.

4. How can I make the most out of my limited time for fundraising?

To make the most out of your limited time for fundraising, focus on activities that have the potential to bring in the most donations. This may include reaching out to potential sponsors or donors, hosting a fundraising event, or leveraging social media to spread awareness and encourage donations. Prioritize your tasks and delegate when necessary.

5. Are there any resources or tools that can help with fundraising while working a part-time job?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to help with fundraising while working a part-time job. Consider using online fundraising platforms, such as GoFundMe or Kickstarter, to reach a larger audience and simplify the donation process. You can also look into fundraising software or apps that can help with organization and tracking of donations and expenses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsKristee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefAndiHV
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefAndiHV
Replies