• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So....quit My Other Part-Time Job Yesterday

In summary, Karen has recently quit her part-time job to focus on her Pampered Chef business. She is asking for suggestions on how to increase her business, as she has been only doing 2-3 shows a month since signing up. One suggestion is to change her thinking and not assume that people won't buy or host due to being "tapped". Expanding her network through social media and reaching out to local businesses or offering virtual parties are also recommended. Overall, congratulations to Karen on taking this step and good luck with her business!
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hey all -

This may not seem like that big of a deal but I quit my other part-time job yesterday (gave my two-week notice)! Time to gain my weekends back, and my holidays come to think of it (I worked at Toys 'R' Us now for almost four years)!
Looking forward to focusing on Pampered Chef more and really trying to get this off the ground ~ I have been only doing about 2-3 shows a month since I signed up in mid-December. Any suggestions? My family is tapped and so is my neighborhood..

Thanks,
Karen

Karen - first thing, change that thinking! Never make the assumption that someone who you think is tapped, won;t buy or host. When you start to say yes or no for other people about buying or hosting, you can cut off a lot of business. Besides, hosting is the best way of buying for a lot of tapped people! FREE is their favorite word! I know, I have three parties coming up that, if I was thinking like you, I never would have gotten because I know they are tapped. But I make it a rule to never assume! Always keep them in the loop for host specials and guest specials and let them tell you what works for them.

Congratulations on quitting your part-time job and focusing on Pampered Chef! It's always a big step to leave a steady job, but it sounds like you have a plan in place and are excited about the potential for your business. As for suggestions, have you considered expanding your network beyond just your family and neighborhood? Social media can be a great way to reach a wider audience and potentially book more shows. You could also reach out to local businesses or organizations to see if they would be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef event. Another idea is to offer virtual parties for those who may not be able to attend a physical party. Best of luck with your Pampered Chef business! Keep us updated on your progress.

Related to So....quit My Other Part-Time Job Yesterday

1. How did you know it was time to quit your other part-time job?

I had been with my other part-time job for a few years and felt like I had reached my limit in terms of growth and satisfaction. I also noticed that my performance at Pampered Chef was starting to suffer because I was juggling two jobs.

2. Were you nervous about leaving a stable job for Pampered Chef?

Of course, it's natural to have some nerves when making a big career change. But I was confident in my decision because I truly believe in the products and opportunities that Pampered Chef offers. Plus, I had been building my business on the side for a while and saw its potential for success.

3. How has your experience at Pampered Chef been so far?

It has been amazing! I love the flexibility and autonomy that comes with being my own boss. I also enjoy being part of a supportive and passionate community of consultants and customers. It's truly a fulfilling and rewarding experience.

4. Did you have any prior experience in direct sales or with Pampered Chef before quitting your other job?

No, I did not have any prior experience in direct sales or with Pampered Chef. However, I was always interested in cooking and hosting parties, so this opportunity seemed like a perfect fit for me. Plus, Pampered Chef provides excellent training and resources for new consultants.

5. What advice would you give to someone considering quitting their job to join Pampered Chef?

My advice would be to do your research and make sure that Pampered Chef aligns with your values and goals. Also, make sure you have a solid plan in place for building your business and managing your finances during the transition. And most importantly, have confidence in yourself and your abilities - you can do this!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pkd09
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies