• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Prayers Needed - Quitting My Day Job

In summary, the store owner has given the part timer all of the shifts, taken away one day of the month that the employee had asked to have off, and given the employee fewer hours than she was originally hired for.
YEA! I'm so happy for you! I bet you feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders?

And I agree with your DH...I think he acted very immaturely.

ChefBeckyD said:
YEA! I'm so happy for you! I bet you feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders?

And I agree with your DH...I think he acted very immaturely.

I do Becky, I do. I really wish however I could have met with him in person. It felt so childish leaving messages but I wasn't waiting any longer (he was out of town Tues and didn't/wouldn't call me back Wed or this morning).

I think you handled it well. I know some people who wouldn't even bother to return the uniform, and you showed great responsibility by obviously wanting to return all company property. Take a deep breath, let it out. And then have a glass of wine and a little celebration!

Yay! Congratulations!!!

I might suggest you send a letter or an email just to confirm. He could come back and say he never got a message and you just abandoned your job.

Now get on the phone and book some shows! :)

I agree. Write and letter and send it certified mail with signature required. That way whoever signs for it (even if it is her) will be notified within proper channels. I really think he knew what was up and took the chicken's way out! HUGS!BOOK BOOK BOOK those shows! :)

Yeah!!!!!

I agree - put it in writing and keep a copy.

Congrats on quitting! Just saw this thread, I haven't been on here as much lately, but I'm glad you are rid of that job and feel better.

<h2>1. What is your current job and how long have you been working there?</h2><p>I work in the retail field at a frozen food store, and I have been working there for almost 3 years.</p><h2>2. Can you tell us more about your work schedule and hours?</h2><p>I was initially hired for Monday-Friday day shifts, with 38-42 hours per week. During slower months, my hours would be reduced to about 32 per week. I also worked one Saturday per year for our charity BBQ and about 28-31 days in December, our busiest time.</p><h2>3. What changes have occurred at your job recently?</h2><p>In September, the owner of the business sold it and the new owner decided not to change the hours. However, one of the other day staff members quit in March, leaving me to work 6 days a week with a total of 52 hours. The owner had initially approached me about training for a manager position, but after the other staff member quit, he decided he didn't have time to train me.</p><h2>4. How has this affected your work schedule and responsibilities?</h2><p>After the other staff member quit, the new manager was hired and took over the schedule, leaving me with only 22-26 hours per week. She also gave me shifts on Thursdays and Fridays, which I had not previously worked, and took weekends off despite not having children. The owner also did not keep his promise to have me only work one Saturday per month.</p><h2>5. Have you considered quitting your job due to these changes?</h2><p>Yes, my husband has suggested that I quit due to the decrease in hours and the lack of consideration for my personal schedule and family commitments. I am hesitant to do so because of the current economy, but I am also looking for a job that better fits my family's needs.</p>

1. What is your current job and how long have you been working there?

I work in the retail field at a frozen food store, and I have been working there for almost 3 years.

2. Can you tell us more about your work schedule and hours?

I was initially hired for Monday-Friday day shifts, with 38-42 hours per week. During slower months, my hours would be reduced to about 32 per week. I also worked one Saturday per year for our charity BBQ and about 28-31 days in December, our busiest time.

3. What changes have occurred at your job recently?

In September, the owner of the business sold it and the new owner decided not to change the hours. However, one of the other day staff members quit in March, leaving me to work 6 days a week with a total of 52 hours. The owner had initially approached me about training for a manager position, but after the other staff member quit, he decided he didn't have time to train me.

4. How has this affected your work schedule and responsibilities?

After the other staff member quit, the new manager was hired and took over the schedule, leaving me with only 22-26 hours per week. She also gave me shifts on Thursdays and Fridays, which I had not previously worked, and took weekends off despite not having children. The owner also did not keep his promise to have me only work one Saturday per month.

5. Have you considered quitting your job due to these changes?

Yes, my husband has suggested that I quit due to the decrease in hours and the lack of consideration for my personal schedule and family commitments. I am hesitant to do so because of the current economy, but I am also looking for a job that better fits my family's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
lt1jane