• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Quitting After Only 4 Months...

In summary, Hubby and I just found out we're expecting our first baby this summer (YAY!!!) and I am so excited! But I am also a little overwhelmed... I currently work at a full-time job that keeps me incredibly busy and exhausted by the end of the day. I am already feeling a lot of stress trying to do well at my job and be a successful consultant. I talked with hubs about discontinuing my PC business, because 1) I don't want to be stressed during my 1st pregnancy (my mom had high BP with her 1st, so that weighs on my mind), 2) baby will be in daycare 10 hrs per day and I don't want to miss out
eberg83
Hubby and I just found out we're expecting our first baby this summer (YAY!!!) and I am so excited! But I am also a little overwhelmed... I currently work at a full-time job that keeps me incredibly busy and exhausted by the end of the day. I am already feeling a lot of stress trying to do well at my job and be a successful consultant.

I talked with hubs about discontinuing my PC business, because 1) I don't want to be stressed during my 1st pregnancy (my mom had high BP with her 1st, so that weighs on my mind), 2) baby will be in daycare 10 hrs per day and I don't want to miss out on evenings and weekends with him/her and hubby, and 3) I feel like I'm going to lose my mind some days as it is! Hubs wants to see how it goes, but I am sooo tired right now I can barely stay awake... and I have a show tonight, and a disaster of a house at home!

Has anyone made it through this? I'm sure there are plenty of you! How did you do it without losing your sanity? Any advice?

Oh, pregnancy hormones - you are already getting to me!! :cry:

Yes, there are plenty who have done it. I just came back to my 9-5 job yesterday after 16 weeks of maternity leave.

My suggestion would be to sit down with your Director (and with DH either separately or together), and figure out a plan. Put something on paper about how much you're willing to put into your business (say, 3 hours a week or whatever), and how to best use that time. Maybe for right now, the best option is to keep active with catalog shows. Or just do one show every other month to keep your career sales. Of maybe that doesn't matter much to you, and you just take four months off. You don't lose your consultant status until you're inactive for six months, though it is harder to pick it back up from nothing than from keeping it alive, even if just barely.

Who knows, maybe you'll decide you NEED to get out of the house once a week/month and have fun at a show.

I just rejoined Pampered Chef after joining last year with a 3 month old and right now I'm expecting another in March. Having a new baby is a GREAT time to do this because you'll find that the one night a week, month, etc. is SO refreshing. It allows you to work when you want and how you want.

I wouldn't make any big decisions during the first trimester. You're tired enough to fall asleep at the drop of a hat, and your hormones are out of control....not a good combo for clear decision-making.

It's totally okay to scale back, and only do what you need to in order to stay active, until you feel better and are in better control of your emotions!

Congratulations on your baby! Soon (already) you'll find out what it truly means when they say "having a baby changes everything!" :thumbup:

If I'm not mistaking,you can still take a leave for up to two months each year with a valid reason, and this would be it. That keeps your status and career sales on hold for you.

Talk with your director! He/She will help! If not, try to find a hospitality director that will work with you. I was in a similar situation and my hospitality director helped tremendously! Set aside a time slot each week that you only work on PC. I mean work your business! Not on the computer, but the phone. Use this time and this time only for preparing hostess packets. Set your timer! When the time is up, move onto your family or whatever you need to do. It will make you feel much better about your PC work and when you aren't scheduled to do PC, you won't feel guilty. Take some time to think before you leap. Discuss your concerns with DH and figure out it together. Sometimes that support is all you need. Good luck!

1. Why are you thinking about quitting after only 4 months at Pampered Chef?

I have encountered a few challenges and realized that this may not be the right fit for me at this time.

2. What are some common reasons that people quit after such a short time?

Some common reasons include not meeting sales goals, difficulty balancing work and personal life, and feeling overwhelmed by the demands of the job.

3. Can I still be successful at Pampered Chef if I've only been here for 4 months?

Absolutely! Every consultant's journey is unique and we have seen many consultants achieve great success in a short amount of time. It's all about finding your own groove and utilizing the resources and support available to you.

4. Is it possible to take a break and come back to Pampered Chef later?

Yes, we understand that life circumstances may change and we are open to welcoming back consultants who have taken a break. We also offer a flexible schedule to accommodate personal needs.

5. What should I do if I am still unsure about quitting after 4 months?

We encourage you to reach out to your mentor or a member of our support team to discuss your concerns and explore possible solutions. It's important to make an informed decision and we are here to help in any way we can.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
freebyrdz
  • lt1jane