• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

:( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend

In summary, Heidi's boss told her the owner of the company wanted to be in her review. Heidi is not sure what this means, but she is optimistic. The other girls in her department received informal reviews. Heidi was due for her review but her boss told her the owner wanted to be in it. Heidi is not sure what this means, but she is optimistic.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Just need some support here. I've been at my job for 5 years and I've hated it because of how they treat their employees. But there isn't that many jobs for what I do in this area so I've sort of just dealt with it. I was due for my review in March but of course my boss is totally not on top of it - once in 5 years he did them one time, every other time he's at least two months late with no retro pay for any raise you get. The other girls in my department (we all started the same month) got their informal raise reviews today. I was trying to figure out what was going on but as I was leaving my boss stops me and tells me the owner of the company wants to be in my review. The owner just wasn't in very much this week but he hopes they can do it next week. Nothing to do with the owner is a good thing :( I'm sort of bummed out right now. Not sure what this means or what is going to happen next week. DH thinks it will be good but I'm just not sure. And right before a nice three day weekend too!

Just take a deep breathe and decide that your husband is right. Maybe it is good. Maybe it is VERY GOOD!

My husband takes things that are said like that and runs the different possibilities around and around in his head until it drives him crazy. So far it's never been as bad or as good as he imagined. Put it aside and enjoy the weekend. It will be what it will be. If it's good we can celebrate with you next week! If it's not good there's nothing you could do this weekend to change it so don't let it ruin a perfectly good holiday.

Heidi is right! You don't know what the news is yet. You can choose to believe that it is positive news! Don't let it ruin your weekend.

Try not to let it ruin your weekend. You have a heads up that the owner will be there. Sketch out your accomplishments for the past year. Be prepared to state your case of why you deserve a raise. Have ammunition to fire back in case it is a negative experience. If it's positive, all the better! Since it sounds like your manager isn't too on the ball, this is your chance to appeal directly to the owner.

One job I had eons ago, I did not get a raise or bonus when everyone else was. I asked my direct manager what was going on. Yeah, fine, whatever, I hate you, too. Then a group that I supported outside of my normal duties just happened to write a very nice letter to the big boss praising me. Really, I didn't know they were doing it and I certainly hadn't said anything to them about the raise/bonus. I think my direct manager didn't like that I spent time on that group, esp. since I liked working with them. About 2 weeks later the big boss called me in and gave me the raise/bonus that everyone else had gotten. Two different co-workers gave me different behind-the-scenes stories of whose fault it was that I didn't get the initial raise/bonus. One said it was my boss, the other said it was the big boss (he was a toad and I don't think he liked that I didn't quake in my shoes in front of him like everyone else did). That was the job where I started looking for something new after only being there 2 weeks.

Maybe this - however it turns out - is the push you need to put the feelers back out there to see if you can get a new job, even though your field is limited.

Maybe the big boss is firing the crappy boss and giving his job to you! Positive spin, baby! Positive spin! :-D

I like the way you think, Chefa! That must be it! ;) Celebrate all weekend! WooHoo!

Ah! Thanks guys!! I did get it off my mind for a while. I taught my first lower body kettlebell class at the place I work out at and had a blast. Totally took my mind off of it and made me feel better. Now if there was some way I could just work full time hours there and forget about my other job!!

Glad you were able to put it aside for a while.

How did it go?

It went the normal way things go around my work: nothing yet! It will probably get put off for another 3-4 weeks until they finally have time to sit down. It has taken all of my will power to not just go up to my boss and tell him that we need to get it over with! Makes me hate my job even more :(

So how much do you need to boost your PC business to tell the boss to go stuff it?!

pchockeymom said:
So how much do you need to boost your PC business to tell the boss to go stuff it?!

Promote to director (getting close) and have 8 shows a month (not close on that this year!). Trust me, it's in the works and is my plan!!

You can do it!! It has to suck to feel stuck in a crappy job. At least you still have one though.

wadesgirl said:
Promote to director (getting close) and have 8 shows a month (not close on that this year!). Trust me, it's in the works and is my plan!!

Trust me you can do this! I did it last October. I had my 3rd child in May and child care expenses were just too high for us. The company I worked for kept asking me to stay, so when I was supposed to be done by July I ended up staying until the end of October when I finally had enough and refused to stay any longer. I had about 3 shows on my calendar. I made calls and got my calendar booked. Once you get your calendar booked solid for 3 consecutive months it stays consistent as long as you work your business like it is a business. That has been the hardest thing for me! It isn't easy, but sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet! Send me a message or email if you want to talk more- it really can work for you! :chef:

:( Well I found out what it was: I got laid off. Apparently nothing to do with me doing my actual job but there were personality conflicts that they just weren't going to deal with any more. Um when my job is to tell other people they are doing their job wrong off course they are going to have a problem with it. DH says I can have 6 months to pick up my business and try to do this full time. We'll see what he says in a month or so! The funniest part is that they said they were willing to give me a good reference if I needed it! Ah!! I don't need them. I have plenty of other people who will give me a good reference!

So sorry to hear this. I got pink slipped and offically notified on June 30 that it is a not for me too...
Good news is I can actually have time to pump up my PC business now!!!
love the freedom!

wadesgirl said:
:( Well I found out what it was: I got laid off. Apparently nothing to do with me doing my actual job but there were personality conflicts that they just weren't going to deal with any more. Um when my job is to tell other people they are doing their job wrong off course they are going to have a problem with it. DH says I can have 6 months to pick up my business and try to do this full time. We'll see what he says in a month or so! The funniest part is that they said they were willing to give me a good reference if I needed it! Ah!! I don't need them. I have plenty of other people who will give me a good reference!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. That is great that your hubby is willing to give you 6 months! I wish I could get 6 months (without a newborn).

That sucks that you got laid off...hopefully this time will give you the chance to really boost the PC and make it a full time love!

I am sorry to hear this! Maybe it is for the better. You can do this full time. Email or message me if you have questions, need someone to listen, or just need some support! My best advice is to treat it like it is a job and remember you have to work at it. (Coming from my own experience!)

What is ":( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend"?

":( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend" is a Pampered Chef recipe that is perfect for busy weekends when you want a quick and easy meal to enjoy with your family.

What ingredients do I need to make ":( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend"?

To make this recipe, you will need 1 pound of ground beef, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and 1 package of tortilla chips. You can also add any additional toppings of your choice, such as cheese, sour cream, or avocado.

How long does it take to make ":( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend"?

This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook, for a total time of 40 minutes.

Can I make substitutions in this recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef, or add more vegetables like zucchini or mushrooms. You can also use different types of beans or add in your favorite spices.

Is ":( Crappy Way to Send Me Into a 3 Day Weekend" a family-friendly recipe?

Yes, this recipe is perfect for families! It is easy to make and can be customized to fit everyone's tastes. Kids will love assembling their own individual bowls or plates with their favorite toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies