• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

God Answers Prayers: My Husband's Decision to Delay Quitting His Job

In summary, the person started a post asking for prayers for their husband who was considering quitting his job and cashing out his 401K due to severe depression and a desire to leave a job they disliked. However, the husband came home and decided not to quit until he found another job or it became unbearable. The wife is happy and grateful for prayers and praises God for her husband's decision. She also thanks others for their encouragement and support. The conversation ends with some lighthearted banter.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone! About a week ago I started a post asking for prayer for my DH. He was going to cash out his 401K and quit his job before finding another one. In addition to his desire to leave a job he can barely bring himself to go to every day, he has been battling with severe depression and it is all I can do on a daily basis to hold him up in prayer.

Well, he came home tonight and told me he wouldn't quit this job until he either found another one first, or until they fired him, or until it just gets so unbearable he just can't handle it any more.

I am so happy I could spit! :) Praise the Lord! Our 20 year old dryer broke for the second time in 6 months, but this time the old motor just seized up and John took it as a sign that he shouldn't quit his job- it wasn't the lack of health insurance for his wife that was the kicker... it was a broken dryer motor which he replaced for $50.00 and it's working good as new.

I don't care what triggered it, I'm just happy he's waiting a little while longer.
Thanks for your prayers and please continue to pray for him if he comes to mind. Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas!:sing:

Very happy for you! I hope everything goes well. Trust me, I know the feeling!

Awesome! Make sure you try to support him as much as you can and praise him for his work he is doing...going to a tough job everyday, fixing your dryer. That praise and support may be what he needs to get through each day at a tough job! :)

Yea! I am glad to hear that...I continue to pray that God will open a new door for him quickly!

I second what Janet mentioned...it is hard when we are stressed, but keep looking for things to praise him for!

{{{HUGS}}}

Praise God! I'm with Janet and Kelly... praise God and your husband! :)

I already thanked him for fixing the dryer. :) In only the way that a wife can...
I am happy that he's going to try and stick it out. I'm proud of him for coming to that without me needing to pester him about it.
Also...I can't tell you how great warm, dry, fluffy PJ's feel after not having a dryer for 3 days!
Thanks for the encouragement guys, I will continue to encourage the DH...

Have a wonderful Evening!

Kitchen Diva said:
I already thanked him for fixing the dryer. :) In only the way that a wife can...
I am happy that he's going to try and stick it out. I'm proud of him for coming to that without me needing to pester him about it.
Also...I can't tell you how great warm, dry, fluffy PJ's feel after not having a dryer for 3 days!
Thanks for the encouragement guys, I will continue to encourage the DH...

Have a wonderful Evening!

ROFLOL!

You have a wonderful evening too...we'll leave you alone...:rolleyes: :blushing:

1. What inspired you to write about your husband's decision to delay quitting his job?

As a consultant for Pampered Chef, I have the privilege of meeting and hearing the stories of many individuals. This particular story stood out to me because of the incredible way God answered prayers and worked in my husband's life.

2. How did you and your husband handle the stress and uncertainty of his decision to delay quitting his job?

It was definitely a challenging time for both of us. We leaned on each other for support and also turned to prayer for guidance and peace. We also sought wise counsel from trusted friends and family members.

3. How did your faith play a role in your husband's decision to delay quitting his job?

Our faith was the foundation of our decision-making process. We firmly believe that God has a perfect plan for our lives and we trusted in His timing. Through prayer and seeking God's will, we were able to find peace and clarity in the midst of uncertainty.

4. What advice do you have for others who may be facing a similar situation?

My advice would be to always trust in God's plan and timing. It can be difficult to wait and have patience, but if we seek His will and trust in Him, we can find peace and clarity. Also, seek wise counsel and support from loved ones.

5. How has your husband's decision to delay quitting his job impacted your family and your faith?

The impact has been incredible. We have seen God's faithfulness, provision, and guidance in a powerful way. Our family has grown closer together and our faith has been strengthened as we have seen God work in our lives. It has also reminded us to always trust in Him, even when things may not go according to our plans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies