• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for My Husband and Job Search in Military-Unfriendly State

In summary, John's retirement has not been easy. He has been harassed by his boss, and is in danger of losing his 401K. He is also searching for God. His wife is nervous about the timing of his decision, and how they will pay bills.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone.

My husband, John retired from the Air Force 3 years ago. We live in a state where people don't quite understand military people, and the 2 jobs he has had since retiring they have called him a baby killer, tell him that they are expecting him to come into work and shoot people, and other comments that don't even come close to what the Air Force is really all about. He is also a disabled vet to boot.

He is working for a large construction firm, and has a boss that is harassing him. He won't get a lawyer, and he won't stand up for himself because his boss is a woman. I have a lengthy background in middle and upper managment, but due to a back injury- cannot find a job that fits within my physical limitations. I'm normally unable to move much the day after a show because it is so hard on my body. Anyway...my husband just took a loan out against his 401K and is giving his two week notice next Friday.

I haven't worked full time since August of this year, and there are no jobs where we live that fit what I am capable of doing- so things have been tight over the past few months.

I'm nervous that John will not find a job within the next 2 months- I can't believe he's doing this to begin with. I know what it's like to have a boss make your life a living hell, but to clean out the 401K and just quit without another job lined up and only a few lukewarm leads is insane!!!

I guess my prayer request is that God will open doors and he'll find a place to work that will appreciate his 24 year military career, and not make him feel like he's a murdering-raping-pilaging and plundering bufoon who doesn't know anything. He is very intelligent (minus one stupid decision to quit before another job is lined up) and very good at what he does (Managment, HR managment and Recruiting Managment) He just seems to find jobs where people walk all over him, and paint him as a psycho solider ready to snap, and he's having a tough time.

I would like to move becasue I know he wouldn't have these issues if we moved to a state that had an active duty military base of any kind. Minnesotan's are idiots when it comes to what the military is really all about- and sadly most of those idiots work in corporate America and have no qualms about telling my husband what they think of his kind.

I'm rambling now, but I'm nervous about the timing of his decision, how will bills get paid, etc. etc.. John is also searching for God- says he can't hear God and thinks God has abandonned him. So there are some other issues going on with John as well. I guess prayer for guidance, clarity of mind, the right job to come along, and for John to be able to see that God hasn't left him...:(

hope all that made sense...thanks for the prayers cheffers!

Wow - I'm really sorry you guys are going through all fo this!
I've never heard anyone talk that way about soldiers! Around here, people thank people like your husband.

I'll definitely be hoping you guys get a break and are able to find things that match you best.

Good luck!

Oh my... First and foremost Dear Jesus we pray before your throne that John's heart will soften and that he will answer the call within himself to know you! Thank you Jesus that your Holy Spirit is already at work within John and is causing him to search his heart. We know that you have not abandoned him... we know you want John to feel and experience the freedom that only comes from you! Please dear Jesus keep prompting John with your invitation to make you the Lord of his life! I pray also that this leap of faith decision to quit his job is within your will and that you will show John that YOU are in control and if he can totally rely on YOU... a job that is right for him will be brought forth. If you ask them to move Father God... then show them the way... give them open hearts to hear and see what it is that you want. Open their ears to hear, their eyes to see and thier hearts to accept YOUR will! This is SO hard dear Jesus... all the uncertainty of quitting this job and the uglyness aimed at John... I pray that right now you are rising up the plan that you want them to see for their lives and that each show that KitchenDiva does will be hugely profitable now so she can see Your hand in her business as well. If it be your will... heal her back... at least give her relief.. .help her lean completely on you! I place this sister before your throne... wrap Your loving arms round about her and give her Your peace! Amen

I am so sorry for what you and your dear husband are going through. I will keep you in prayer. God has a plan. I'll pray that he makes the next step very clear to you and your hubby.

Have him search Monster.com for jobs to start, maybe he can get ahold of a recruiter for management job leads in the area. ...and we will be praying for him.I have worked with MANY ex-military personnel and have the utmost respect for all of them except 1. (He of course joined to go to the AF Academy for school, never really did any service and didn't have a good discharge - he is a mockery to those who truly SERVE!). I'm not familiar with anything but does the military in any way help vets locate jobs...or is that asking too much? ...just curious...

Hey - have him check out militaryhire.com

I am sorry to hear that your DH is struggling with people labeling him since he is retired military. I can't believe that folks actually act like that! Most everyone that I have ever known has nothing but respect for 99% of the people who sacrifice for our country! Your DH deserves admiration and respect, not ridicule!

Perhaps this situation is God's way of getting his attention. Now God can show how he can provide for all of your needs. Financial, emotional, and also a job! I pray that God uses this to really speak to his heart and draw him to the Lord. I certainly pray that God will calm both of your fears and take care of you like only He can!

janetupnorth said:
Have him search Monster.com for jobs to start, maybe he can get ahold of a recruiter for management job leads in the area.

...and we will be praying for him.

I have worked with MANY ex-military personnel and have the utmost respect for all of them except 1. (He of course joined to go to the AF Academy for school, never really did any service and didn't have a good discharge - he is a mockery to those who truly SERVE!).

I'm not familiar with anything but does the military in any way help vets locate jobs...or is that asking too much? ...just curious...

Janet, John is a recruiter, so he knows all the local recruiters, and his resume is on more job sites than I can count.

They don't offer much for vets in the way of job placement. They send them to a class that is a couple days long before they retire, and my husband said it was a joke. In essence they can't do anything to help him find a job that he hasn't already done.

He had a great job before he took this one, but he was laid off after 2 years- that was last Christmas...he's been miserable the entire time he's been with this most recent job, and I'm glad he's finally doing something, but didn't think this was the way he'd do it! :(

janetupnorth said:
Hey - have him check out militaryhire.com
Thanks, Janet...I will

~Kacey (kitchen diva)

thanks for the really sweet PM's everyone. (I'm getting all misty eyed)

1. What is a "Prayer for My Husband and Job Search in Military-Unfriendly State"?

A "Prayer for My Husband and Job Search in Military-Unfriendly State" is a prayer that is specifically focused on asking for guidance and support for a military spouse who is searching for employment in a state that may not be very friendly or accommodating to military families. This prayer is often said by the spouse or loved ones of a military member who is facing challenges in finding a job in a new location.

2. How can I incorporate this prayer into my daily routine?

This prayer can be incorporated into your daily routine by setting aside a specific time each day to say it, such as in the morning or before going to bed. You can also say it whenever you feel overwhelmed or anxious about your husband's job search, or whenever you feel the need for guidance and strength.

3. Can this prayer be adapted for other military-related challenges?

Yes, this prayer can be adapted for other military-related challenges, such as deployments, frequent relocations, or separation from loved ones. You can modify the prayer to fit your specific situation and needs, while still keeping the same intention of asking for guidance and support.

4. Is there a specific format or structure for this prayer?

There is no specific format or structure for this prayer. You can say it in whatever way feels most comfortable and genuine to you. Some people may prefer to write it down and read it, while others may prefer to say it out loud or silently in their minds. The most important thing is to say it with sincerity and faith.

5. Is this prayer specific to a certain religion or belief system?

No, this prayer is not specific to any particular religion or belief system. It can be said by anyone, regardless of their religious or spiritual beliefs. The focus of this prayer is on asking for guidance and support, which can be interpreted in different ways by different individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar