• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supporting My Husband's Recovery and Quitting Smoking: A Request for Prayers

In summary, Leslie's husband had surgery and she needs to quit smoking, as well as her father who quit smoking just 7 years ago. She also has prayers for her husband's quick recovery and her children's safety.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
To all my fellow cheffers.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I had my scope done today and they found a duodenal bulb ulcer that the CT scan missed. He thinks that is what is causing my problems and it is easily treated.
My DH had his back surgery yesterday. He is still in extreme pain. Please pray for his recovery.
Also we found out that he needs to stop smoking immedietly. If he does any smoking within the next 6 months it can degenerate what they did for him yesterday. That being said, he can not smoke in the hospital...a good thing. And they started him on Chantix today so that he will hopefully be ahead of the game by the time he gets out by the end of the week.
Here is where I really need you prayers. He is not allowed to be around second hand smoke either, which means that I also need to quit. I have batted the idea around for quite some time, but never followed through. Guess I have to now, huh?
I am going to ask for specific prayers in the following areas. I have learned that being specific when I pray makes my requests pinpointed.
1. My husband's recovery is as swift as possible.
2. My husband had the inner strength to stop smoking. This is the most major surgery that they do with his problem, so if it doesn't work...that is kind of it.
3. Pray for me to have the strength to breathe free, to be able to do so while supporting my husband during his recovery and his attempt at stopping also.
4. Pray for my children's safety. I know that sounds dramatic and silly, but when your nerves are shot to begin with..adding this is one this I really do fear.

My husband and I have been smokers for over 20 years. I have not known myself without smoking. This is going to be a major change for both of us.
I appreciate any prayers you can lift up on our behalf. I truly believe in the power of prayer and need it now more than I ever have.
Sorry this post is so long,
Leslie

Non-smoking, fast recovery, and keep the kids safe prayers for you from me Leslie! You can do this!

Leslie - all positive thoughts and prayers sent your way - have faith and a speedy recovery!!

Leslie,

Praying for you and your husband - may you both get well soon and breathe easier without smoking!

My dad quit smoking (after over 45 years) just 7 years ago at the age of 58 - both his parents died of cancer and he decided to quit cold turkey right before his dad passed away. Lucky for us - it worked and he hasn't gone back - he exercises and takes good care of himself and we expect him to live a long healthy life. Praying the same for you and your family!

I'll be praying for you, I know how hard this is.
Try the patch or Effexor (prescription), it definitely took the edge off for me when I quit.

I take Lexapro anyway which is why I can't take the Chantix. It can make anxiety and depression worse.

Prayers coming your way, Leslie - you can BOTH do it! Hang in there!! ((HUGS))!

Leslie~

I will add your prayers to my prayer journal. God can bring your DH through this...and He can bring you through it too! Keep your focus on Him!

{{{HUGS}}}

Leslie - you can do it. And kudos to you for having the foresight to recognize how you may react to your children under pressure. Do you have someone close that can help support you two? In other words, someone you can call to give you a half hour break or something if you get stressed and feel like reacting to the stress? I pray that you NEVER would need that but good to wisely plan ahead.

What is the process for submitting an update or new request?

The process for submitting an update or new request is as follows:

1. Log in to your Pampered Chef account.
  2. Go to the "Update and New Request" section.
  3. Select whether you are submitting an update or a new request.
  4. Fill out the form with all necessary information.
  5. Submit the form and wait for confirmation of your request.

How long does it typically take for an update or new request to be processed?

The processing time for an update or new request can vary depending on the nature of the request and the current workload of our team. However, we strive to process all requests within 3-5 business days.

Can I make multiple updates or new requests at once?

Yes, you can submit multiple updates or new requests at once. Simply fill out the form for each request and submit them all together. Our team will review and process each request individually.

Do I need to provide any specific documentation or evidence for my update or new request?

In some cases, we may require additional documentation or evidence for certain updates or new requests. If this is the case, our team will reach out to you to request the necessary information. Otherwise, please provide as much detail as possible in the form to help us process your request accurately.

What types of updates or requests can I submit through this form?

You can submit updates or new requests for a variety of reasons, such as changes to your personal information, order modifications, or product exchanges. If you are unsure if your request can be submitted through this form, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies