• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Son's Friend / My Friend's Son

In summary, Michael, an 11-year-old boy, has been diagnosed with a large cyst/tumor in his hip bone that needs to be removed immediately to prevent further complications. He also has to undergo tests to determine if he has a genetic blood clotting disorder before the surgery. The procedure involves inserting metal rods and screws to keep the bone intact as he grows. There is a 30% chance of the cyst/tumor growing back after surgery. Michael and his family are asking for prayers for his safety during surgery and recovery.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My son's buddy Michael (11 yrs old) needs your prayers. This is the email I received today from his mom, my friend, Karin. Please pray for Michael and his family.

Hello Everyone,
We need your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last week - a large cyst/tumor was found inside Michael's hip bone. The doctors believe the cyst has been there for a long time. After running to the car with a heavy school backpack - he started to have pain walking. He has lots of microscopic fractures around the bone - thus the pain. The doctor says the cyst has to be removed immediately to prevent a full blown fracture - which would cause serious lifelong problems. Tonight we have 2 more MRI's to look closer at the cyst/tumor. The doctors believe it is benign, but cannot be completely sure until it is removed. Thursday, we have a hematologist appointment - to determine if Michael has Factor IV Leiden Mutation (the genetic blood clotting disorder I have). They need to know this prior to surgery (Pray he does not have it!!!!!!!). Then Friday a.m. Dr. J will do the surgery. He will go in through Michael's knee with 2 metal rods up into the hip bone and will also go in through the hip with metal screws and a plate - to keep the hip bone intact as he grows. The tumor has weakened and thinned to bone almost completely. there's a 30 percent chance after surgery that the cyst/tumor will grow back again (of course we're holding on to the 70 percent chance it will not - pray for this!!!) He'll be in the hospital for 2 - 4 nights and then recovery at home is a few weeks - then in a wheelchair/crutches for more weeks to months. We're not sure yet. Michael is very nervous and scared - of course!!!! Please pray for his safety through the surgery and his recovery. ... And pray for him emotionally - We love him more than words can say and are so nervous ourselves. The surgeon is the best out of this group and we are so glad for that. Everything has happened so quickly... Just PRAY PRAY PRAY - THANK YOU.

OMG! :eek: That sounds horrible. Definitely praying all goes well.

Praying for Michael and his family! Poor kid - may he recover quickly!

Prayers said.

Prayers said.

Michael is going in for surgery this morning, please keep the prayers coming.

Praying for him this morning. Poor little guy - and his parents!

Praying in NM...

Praying, and please keep us updated as you find out news.

Praying for him & his family.

1. How do I know what to pray for my son's friend or my friend's son?

The best way to know what to pray for is to ask the person directly. Find out if there are any specific challenges or struggles they are facing, and pray for those. You can also ask the Holy Spirit to guide your prayers and give you insight into what the person may need.

2. Can I use pre-written prayers or should I pray from my heart?

Both options are valid. If you feel comfortable using pre-written prayers, you can find many resources online or in books. However, praying from your heart allows for a more personal and intimate connection with God and the person you are praying for. You can also combine both approaches and use pre-written prayers as a guide while adding your own personal touches.

3. Should I pray for my son's friend or my friend's son every day?

There is no set rule for how often you should pray for someone. It is important to pray consistently and regularly, but the frequency can vary based on your own personal schedule and the needs of the person. You may want to set a specific time each day to pray for them or include them in your regular prayer routine.

4. Can I pray for my son's friend or my friend's son even if they don't believe in God?

Yes, you can still pray for them. Your prayers can be a powerful way to show them God's love and may even plant seeds of faith in their hearts. Keep in mind that it is ultimately up to God to work in their lives, and your prayers can make a difference.

5. Is it appropriate to pray for my son's friend or my friend's son's specific requests?

Yes, it is appropriate to pray for specific requests. In fact, it shows that you are actively listening to the person and care about their needs. Just make sure to also pray for God's will to be done in the situation, as He knows what is best for the person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • pamperedpals