1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Prayers for my son's friend / my friend's son

  1. dannyzmom

    dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

    9,370
    17
    My son's buddy Michael (11 yrs old) needs your prayers. This is the email I received today from his mom, my friend, Karin. Please pray for Michael and his family.

    Hello Everyone,
    We need your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last week - a large cyst/tumor was found inside Michael's hip bone. The doctors believe the cyst has been there for a long time. After running to the car with a heavy school backpack - he started to have pain walking. He has lots of microscopic fractures around the bone - thus the pain. The doctor says the cyst has to be removed immediately to prevent a full blown fracture - which would cause serious lifelong problems. Tonight we have 2 more MRI's to look closer at the cyst/tumor. The doctors believe it is benign, but cannot be completely sure until it is removed. Thursday, we have a hematologist appointment - to determine if Michael has Factor IV Leiden Mutation (the genetic blood clotting disorder I have). They need to know this prior to surgery (Pray he does not have it!!!!!!!). Then Friday a.m. Dr. J will do the surgery. He will go in through Michael's knee with 2 metal rods up into the hip bone and will also go in through the hip with metal screws and a plate - to keep the hip bone intact as he grows. The tumor has weakened and thinned to bone almost completely. there's a 30 percent chance after surgery that the cyst/tumor will grow back again (of course we're holding on to the 70 percent chance it will not - pray for this!!!) He'll be in the hospital for 2 - 4 nights and then recovery at home is a few weeks - then in a wheelchair/crutches for more weeks to months. We're not sure yet. Michael is very nervous and scared - of course!!!! Please pray for his safety through the surgery and his recovery. ... And pray for him emotionally - We love him more than words can say and are so nervous ourselves. The surgeon is the best out of this group and we are so glad for that. Everything has happened so quickly... Just PRAY PRAY PRAY - THANK YOU.
     
    Sep 16, 2009
    #1
  2. esavvymom

    esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

    7,885
    137
    OMG! :eek: That sounds horrible. Definitely praying all goes well.
     
    Sep 16, 2009
    #2
  3. Gina M

    Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

    1,780
    0
    Praying for Michael and his family! Poor kid - may he recover quickly!
     
    Sep 16, 2009
    #3
  4. raebates

    raebates Legend Member Staff Member

    18,373
    399
    Prayers said.
     
    Sep 17, 2009
    #4
  5. WLMcCoy

    WLMcCoy Advanced Member

    700
    0
    Prayers said.
     
    Sep 17, 2009
    #5
  6. dannyzmom

    dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

    9,370
    17
    Michael is going in for surgery this morning, please keep the prayers coming.
     
    Sep 18, 2009
    #6
  7. ChefBeckyD

    ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

    20,466
    32
    Praying for him this morning. Poor little guy - and his parents!
     
    Sep 18, 2009
    #7
  8. nikked

    nikked Senior Member Gold Member

    2,139
    6
    Praying in NM...
     
    Sep 18, 2009
    #8
  9. pampchefsarah

    pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

    2,212
    1
    Praying, and please keep us updated as you find out news.
     
    Sep 18, 2009
    #9
  10. Ginger428

    Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

    4,499
    5
    Praying for him & his family.
     
    Sep 18, 2009
    #10
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted