• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My Son Fighting Childhood Cancer | Jordan's Story and Updates

In summary, Laurie's son was diagnosed with a rare childhood cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. He has a website where people can follow his progress.
pamperedlpcook
Hello all!
I was actually on here looking for "pretty" outside order forms for May & June... I didn't find any but I did find this prayer request section and thought I would post. My 16 year old son Jordan was diagnosed with a rare childhood cancer (Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma, stage IV) on January 11th 2008. We are a military family and my husband was deployed to the Gulf on the USS Harry S Trumann at the time. Jordan was hospitalized at Walter Reed Army Medical Center on Jan. 3rd after a chest x-ray reveiled a tumor in his lung. My husband was sent home and is currently here with us. Jordan's primary tumor is in his left hip/pelvic area and had spread to his lungs, lymph nodes and bone marrow. He started a very agressive chemo/radiation 54 week treatment plan on January 11th. On week 6 he had his first evaluation and his bone marrow came back clear--- wooohoo! He still has a very long and hard road before so please feel free to pass his story along to your prayer groups-- the more the better. If you would like to follow Jordan's progress with his fight against this beast please go to his website @ CaringBridge.org Free Websites That Support And Connect Loved Ones During Critical Illness. once there enter JordanPaganelli (one word) to view the updates. Thank you all for your prayers!
Laurie Paganelli
Independent Advanced Director
The Pampered Chef
[email protected]

Laurie - Sorry to hear of your tough struggles - hang in there! I'll add him to my Caring Bridge Alerts and try to keep him in my prayers!

My heart and prayers are with you.. as another military wife and mother I know how it is bringing a loved one home from the gulf. So keep up the good thoughts and remember that god never gives you anything you cant handle...

Laurie...sending love, hugs and prayers your way!

Praying God gives the Dr.'s medical guidance to do what they need to do.

Thank your DH for serving, I am an army wife too!

Caring Bridge is such a great way to keep people informed, and to remind us to pray. You have a family of consultants here who will now be adding their prayers for your son and your family.

I will keep you and your family in my T&Ps.
Melissa

I'm praying for your strenght and for your son's recovery. I know this must be a scary time for you and your family. Have you ever heard of that poem foot prints in the sand, I don't know why but I keep thinking of that poem as I'm praying for you. I hope it gives you comfort as it has me in hard times.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it: "Lord,
you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way".

But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied: "My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

God will carry you through this tough time. I will be praying for you.

Lots of prayers coming Jordan's way...and to the rest of family ~

praying for all of you

What a story! May the Lord comfort you and your family during these days.

Laurie my family will be praying for Jordan. It sounds to me like Jordan is very lucky to have you for a Mother. I know God is hearing our prayers for you.

We will be praying for you guys as well. Tell your husband he is a hero to many of us, Jordan is lucky to have you both!

What is the purpose of "Please Pray for My Son!"?

The purpose of "Please Pray for My Son!" is to ask for prayers from others for a specific intention or need related to one's son. It is a way to request support and positive thoughts from a community of individuals who are willing to pray for the well-being of one's child.

How can I submit a prayer request for my son?

To submit a prayer request for your son, you can either reach out to a trusted friend or family member and ask them to pray for your son, or you can join a prayer group or community and share your request with them. You can also post your request on social media or online forums to reach a larger audience.

Can I specify the type of prayers I want for my son?

Yes, you can specify the type of prayers you want for your son. You can ask for prayers for his health, safety, success, or any specific challenge or struggle he may be facing. It is important to be specific in your request so that others can pray with intention and focus on your son's needs.

Is there a cost associated with requesting prayers for my son?

No, there is no cost associated with requesting prayers for your son. It is a voluntary and selfless act of asking for support and positive energy from others. However, some prayer groups or communities may have membership fees, so it is important to research before joining.

How can I express my gratitude for those who pray for my son?

There are many ways to express your gratitude for those who pray for your son. You can send a thank-you note or message, give a small gift or token of appreciation, or simply say a prayer for them in return. It is important to acknowledge and show gratitude for those who take the time to pray for your son.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
Admin Greg