• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will You Join Me in Praying for My Boss's Health and My Job Security?

In summary, a legal secretary's boss has been hospitalized for walking pneumonia and chronic hiccups. Despite various tests and treatments, his condition has not improved and he has not been able to keep down any food for 8 days. His family is seeking help from other doctors and asking for prayers. The legal secretary is also worried about her job security, but is more concerned about her boss's health and feels guilty for being selfish. The boss has been transferred to a different hospital for further treatment and is currently undergoing tests. His wife has reported that his spirits are better in the new hospital and they are hoping for answers soon. The legal secretary's daughter offers support and suggestions for treatment options.
jrstephens
As many of you know I am a legal secretary. My boss has had walking pneumonia for the past month or two and got worse last Tuesday. He has been in the hospital since then only getting worse. The pneumonia will not get better and the inflammation is causing chronic hiccups. He has been throwing up since Tuesday and after 5 doctors have ran tests, biopsies, and flushed the lungs they cannot find a reason for that. Treatments they are trying are not working. He has not held any food down for the last 8 days and it getting weaker and loosing weight.

His son-in-law is a cancer doctor at Vanderbilt. One of his daughters is meeting with the current doctors to have him released from where he is for another son-in-law to fly him to Vanderbilt where there are doctors ready to try to find out what is going on.

Please pray for him and his family. He is 77.

Also, please, pray for me. I am in a one attorney firm and could very well be without a job in the near future. I KNOW God will provide and am not really worried about the situation of my job but I am of course concerned about it.

And having been here for 11 years I am close to my boss & his family and am upset about him being sick while feeling guilty for being a little selfish and worried about my future as well.

I will appreciate your prayers for his health and for his family as they are there with him.

Thanks.

Oh, honey, don't feel guilty about worrying about your future. We know that it's because you care about your family.

I hope everything is OK with your boss and he makes a full and speedy recovery.

I will pray for both of you, One of my hosts lost her 20 year old son lsast week to pnuemonia.

Jennifer~

Wow...don't feel guilty because you are worried about taking care of your family! I certainly pray that your boss gets better and returns to 100% quickly! I understand feeling that you KNOW God will provide for you, yet wondering how that may end up if you were to lose your job due to this... I pray that God heals him and you don't have to worry about a new job! That would be very difficult- I know how close I have been to certain people that I have worked with. When you are with them so much (sometimes more time with them than with your own family!) you get close.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

The doctors have released him and they expect to be in the air in about an hour to Vandderbilt. It is about a 2 hour flight from where he is.

Thanks for your prayers and words.

Just found the post, Jennifer. You'll both be in my prayers.

Jennifer -

Prayers coming your way...please keep us updated.

Extra prayers coming your way!:angel:

Jennifer, my prayers are with you and your boss. I hope your boss gets better soon. I pray that the stress will be less for all of you.

Kim

Any news this morning?

I talked to his daughter last night about 830. They were getting settled into a room at Vanderbilt. She said he seemed in better spirits just by being somewhere else to try for answers. They are suppose to call me when they hear something from these doctors.

I will keep yall posted.

And thanks for your prayers!:angel:

Why does it take so long for docs to decide to start to do some kind of feeding rather than just wait - 8 days without keeping any food down is a long time. I am not a nurse or doc but my mom lost so much weight when she was ill.

Jennifer my thoughts and prayers are with you.

His wife called earlier. They are doing a liver scan and an EKG. They have started him on steroids to help build him up strength wise. He is still nausuated and has the hiccups still. She said his general spririts were better being at a new place hoping to find answers.

No speculation or answers yet but hopefully will come soon with test staring today.

I'm sorry to hear about your boss.....on top of everything else that he's dealing with - having the hiccups on top of it can be stressful, painful and exhausting. I know this, because my daughter has been dealing with hiccups since September 15, 2006. (no I'm not the mom of the girl in FL we are not media magnets!!!) Anyway....hopefully his doctors will be able to do somethign to help him....once they are done with tests, they might be able to put an anti-spasm med in IV form for him. There are a few options. We have learned alot about hiccups over this last year.

I don't mean to hijack this thread...I'm praying for your boss. Ijust wanted to show a little compassion for the hiccups on top of it - they are not as funny as everyone thinks.

Keep as posted about him.
Melinda

his daughter said last night the he was better. he has gotten stronger. they have not heard from the test they did yesterday yet.

I'm glad to hear that he is doing a bit better. I will keep him in my prayers.

My boss called this morning. He is doing MUCH better! And should be getting out of the hospital in the next day or so.

They determined he had a type of pneumonia called "Boop" that makes the immune system work against you. He is going to stay at his daughters for a few days before coming home. He plans to be here Friday night for his grandson's football game - he does not miss a game of any kind with his grandchildren if at all possible.

Thanks for your prayers!! And please continue them for a complete and full recovery.

I'll continue to pray. I'm glad he's on the road to recovery!

I am thanking God for his recovery up to this point, and praying for a COMPLETE recovery for him!

Your boss sounds like a good guy - Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery

Kat

Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep him in prayer for a while longer. That healing process can take a long time.

My boss and his wife are driving home today. I do not know yet when he will be back in the office. I know his family is trying to get him to work from home for a while. He only lives about 5 minutes, if that, from the office. I hope he does that when he gets back and does not push himself. BUT he is the type person to not just sit around, he wants to be at his office.

Just wanted to update y'all!

What happened to your boss?

Unfortunately, our boss is currently in the hospital due to health issues. We are all sending our well wishes and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Will this affect the company's operations?

While our boss is in the hospital, the rest of the team is working hard to ensure that our operations continue smoothly. We have a plan in place to keep things running efficiently.

How long will your boss be in the hospital?

We do not have an exact timeline for our boss's recovery, but we are in constant communication with them and providing support in any way we can.

Can we send cards or gifts to your boss?

Thank you for your thoughtfulness! While we appreciate the gesture, we suggest holding off on sending any gifts or cards for now. We will provide updates if and when our boss is able to receive them.

What can we do to help?

Your understanding and support during this time is greatly appreciated. Please continue to be patient with us as we navigate this situation and keep our boss in your thoughts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • susanr613