• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My Brother and His Kids

In summary, his wife left him, his house is going into foreclosure, and he is having trouble finding a job and supporting his 3 boys. His older brother is supporting him and providing him with support. Prayers are on the way for all of them.
christinaspc
Silver Member
I am just at a lost of what to do so I am coming for pray for my brother and his kids. My brother is a single parent of 3 boys and he recently went through his 2nd devoirce this summer and things were going okay till just about a week ago and he lost his job. His house is going into forclosure cause of the devoirce and such and things aren't good. I hope you all say a pray for him he just left here crying which is hard for me cause he is my older brother. Thanks for the prays in advance.

wow. prayers are on the way.

Praying for him.

Prayers and hugs for your whole family. I know it's so hard to watch the people you love go through hard times :(

It is nice that he has you to help him through this. There are usually support groups he can join, and county run services that can help him out. You can help him locate any help he needs. My prayers are on the way to all of you.

Prayers for him and his boys, also for you and yours. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Poor guy. He's really been through it this year. I'll be praying.

Thank You guys so much for this it means alot to me having this support for me here... I feel like this role between me and my brother has changed and I am the oldest taking care of him.

His a little back-ground history for you he got a girl pregant early so he did the honorible thing and married her and in the short time of being married they had 3 boys and she left him when the youngest was 4 months old she left my brother and his 3 boys for another man w/out kids she didn't want to be tied down. So he didn't date for a long time and met this last lady and they dated for 2 yrs before they got married and they got married in 2001 and she left my brother in jan. of this year cause she didn't wanna be tied down and sure enough she was having affair.

I feel for my nephews they are the whole world to me they are 13, 12, 11 they are sweet but with all this going on my brother has been trying to be the best thing for everything going on and the boys have gotten in some trouble at school and our school has a new policy if you get in any trouble the cops are called which are horrible I think and needless to say the middle child is on probation which is horrible and now we go to court on Halloween of all days cause of him defending himself in a fight cause the probation officer is wanting to send him to juvy which I feel would do more harm then good and what ya know the boy who started the fight not in trouble at all.

My poor brother I feel for him cause he is trying so hard to keep it together cause he don't want the boys to see him hurting so he comes here to me which i don't mind at all but after he leaves i am wreck cause I hate to see him going through all of this. The sad thing is that the real mom doesn't have anything to do with the kids but she hasn't been on the good road since she devoirced my brother so maybe it was a blessing.

Sorry I went rambling but I had just had to tell someone... well I am off to take him and the boys dinner and desert I make them dinner one night a week so my brother has one less thing to worry about.

Thanks again for your prays I feel blessed to have a great support group here.

Prayers for your brother, your nephews, and for YOU since you are being such a support to him!

{{{HUGS}}}

Praying for you all. Maybe his boys need counseling of some sort. They are hurting too especially since they never see their biological mother. He needs to find a divorce support group as well. Around in this area is a Christian-based program called "DivorceCare". It is great and helps so much. I went through it 6 years after my divorce after I dated 2 losers in 8 months!

Does he get child support form the dead beat mom?? Might help in these times of need. Our state will even file for you for free. She still needs to pay. And those boys do need to see a counselor.. one of the worst things for a boy is to have a bad relationship with mom. It will affect the rest of their life choices. Even if this is not the best time(too much on their plate) but soon. Again you can find good help free or almost free. Especially since your brother does not have a job. You are such a great sister... keep helping..even though it is hard. God is watching. He won't give you nor your brother more than you can handle. You would want him to support you if the situation was reversed. They need you (all 4) and you are there for them. Lots of prayers in your direction... lots of prayers in your direction....

so sorry for your brother to be scr^*^(ed over twice and have to manage 3 active kids too. i agree that counseling is definitely in order, for the whole family as well as the child who is acting out. the counselor may have suggestions for your brother too from a practical perspective in addition to helping him get through these hard times.

my prayers are with you, him, and your nephews.

Susan,
I just have to tell you ..your pic always makes me smile. It is warm and great. I bet your shows are a lot of fun too!! NEway... just FYI!! Always have good info too.

Thank you ladies, Yes the boys are in some form of counsiling with our Pastor and going to a progam called big kids at our church after school and my brother is doing counciling with our pastor. It is just overwhelming sometimes thank you for your wonderful words and prays I will keep you all posted on the progress... Off to bed been a long day for me.

UPDATE:

Well my brother's dead beat 1st wife the state finally took her taxes and my brother got that and now she is quiting another job or getting paid under the table so she doesn't have pay childsupport doesn't sound too good does it.

With the job status the job service finally found his wages and now they are disputing his case he hasn't been deined yet which is a good sign and then this last week one of his old employers called him and asked if he has found a new job and he told him no so he said he was going to fire the worker he cause he just wasn't working out for him and when he did he would hire him.

His 2nd x-wife wont leave my newphews alone and making comments on my space and calling them so he is going to have to go and get a protection order from her. In the mix of all of this she managed to take most all of the Christmas decorations which that is my brothers favorite holiday so I made him a new tree skirt and he had to purchase a new tree and some other things.

He got notice he has to be out of the house at the end of Jan. cause the house is going up for public auction Feb. 5th. He has started to sell of his extra guns and such he dont feel he might use just so he can get christmas for his boys. I just feel for him.

So if you would all keep him in your prays that would be great. My parents as well they are having some financially issues from helping my brother so much. Thanks for being such a great support group for me. :) I do very much appreatice it.

Thanks Deb, I will and another problem with the house is they had to pay off all of the x's student loan so now the loan is higher then before and they can't seem to refinance it into just his name and get his x's off the deed. He just found that out today that the size of the loan they can't just put in his name.

They rolled student loans into the mortgage? YIKES!

saying prayers for your brother and his boys. What a great man to keep on going and raising those 3 boys, that is a good man/father. Not everyone could handle that.

He'll be in my prayers.

merego said:
saying prayers for your brother and his boys. What a great man to keep on going and raising those 3 boys, that is a good man/father. Not everyone could handle that.

Thank you Merego, he has always been my role model we are 8 yrs apart. He is a great man just going through a rough patch and it seems like this rough patch is lasting all year.

DebbieJ said:
They rolled student loans into the mortgage? YIKES!

Yes my brother found out last christmas she wasn't paying them and he was at a lost of what to do so this was the only option at the time and after they did in january she left him. I feel like she got off scott free so to speak.

My prayers are with you Christina. I mailed you a message. Our cluster is adopting a family this year in leau of a gift exchange. We would like to brighten your brother and his boys' Christmas.

Julie, you just gave me goose bumps! what a great idea, and so thoughtful too!

I hope to hear back from Christina. My director had just emailed me yesterday and asked what I thought. She asked if I had any students/family at my school I teach at that we could help. They are all taken care of. Christina's message was read by me for a reason. God answers prayers. It disheartens me when my own children are behaving so badly, don't deserve presents (in my opinion) when there are those who could really use some help.

Is there any way since they are her student loans that they be removed from the mortgage? I'm surprised they were able to do that. She really took advantage of him...

Keeping him in my prayers too for all this! Glad to read the "bright spot" from Julie! I know this will really brighten their Christmas!

Thank you all for your support today. Julie has really opened up a spot of joy in our family tonight. My brother came and visited me and cried and said I can't believe someone would want to help a stranger. I didn't tell my brother I put him on the pray request so he was really shocked. I know we are close and in away I feel like we have gotten closer through this too. I am the younger sister and today I felt like I was the older one taking care of him and it made me know how he has felt before taking care of me. I wouldn't ever wish anyone going through what he is going through. They can't reverse the student loans off he has tried... trust me he has tried everything. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support for me and my family we really been needing it and thank you Julie for your big generous gift.

Hey Julie if you and your director is going to Leadership I would love to meet with you and thank you both in person. I am so ever grateful for your kindness.

We will both be at leadership, and we'd love to meet you and give you a big hug. It's hard supporting a family in crisis.

UPDATE:

So when we think things are going better with Julie and her kind heart with choosing him for their family, the health & welfare has approved him for food stamps and he is enrolled in some life skill classes and they are helping him look harder for a job and he has been approved for "idaho housing" where they will pay for part of his rent we just got to find him a house which is very hard in this time of year.

Here is where the kicker comes in his x-wife called him today and said she worked a deal with the bank and she is going to get the house the papers are on the way of being finished she didn't even tell scotty(my brother) she was talking with the bank. So if the papers get done least he won't have to pay for what is left from the auction cause it won't have to go but she told him if they can speedy the papers he has to be out by the new year.

It just about broke my heart when my brother to tell me all of this today I swear this woman has lost her mind... How could she do this to my brother and his newphews. He knew he had to be out a month 1/2 so he was going to start packing everything after christmas now in possibly 2 weeks when he doesn't have no where to go except my mom's and my house which means they would have to break up them all staying together where one of the boys will have to come stay here. I have been cleaning my garage today and rearraing things so we can start putting his things our garage. Please keep him and his boys in your prays. Thank you all

What a horrible situation. My heart goes out to all of you. What a blessing he has with your support. Prayers for all of you involved!!

UPDATE:

Today Scotty's house went up for auction we were all too scared of what would go on with it so none of the family went we instead just got together and prayed. Late this afternoon Scotty got a called from the title company that was doing it and told him that it was held off to March 18th due to the fact no one came and bid on it.

Scotty's hasn't found a job yet and now our mill laid off even more people so that many more for people to compete with for a job. The boys are doing good. Scotty haven't found a house yet to move into so the bank said he can stay their till the 18th it is hard for him to look when he doesn't have job. He has managed to do some odd jobs for people around town. Pray's are still needed. He and the boys are getting more active in our church which me and my mom are happy about. Thanks for the prays!!!

1. How can I help my brother and his kids during this difficult time?

There are several ways you can help your brother and his kids, such as offering emotional support, helping him find a new job, providing financial assistance if possible, and helping with child care or household tasks.

2. How can I support my brother as a single parent?

As a single parent, your brother is likely facing a lot of challenges and responsibilities. You can support him by being there for him, offering to help with his kids, and providing a listening ear when he needs to talk.

3. Is there anything specific I can pray for my brother and his kids?

You can pray for strength and resilience for your brother to get through this difficult time, for his kids to feel loved and supported, and for positive solutions to his financial struggles.

4. How can I help my brother find a new job?

You can help your brother by offering to review his resume, helping him network and connect with potential job opportunities, or even referring him to job openings at your own workplace.

5. What resources are available for single parents going through tough times?

There are many resources available for single parents, such as support groups, counseling services, financial assistance programs, and community organizations. Your brother can also seek help from a social worker or a family lawyer for guidance on his situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • leahevanson
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • Jennie4PC