• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for Sandy | Updates on Her Battle with Brain Cancer

In summary, Sandy, the best friend of a co-worker of mine, has brain cancer that has been ongoing for 3 years with 2 operations. She was not conscious when her mother called to say that hospice had been called in. The funeral is tomorrow and will be a celebration of her life.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Prayers please for Sandy ***UPDATE***Sandy passed yesterday morning at 8:30 with her children, mother, husband and my friend and her best friend by her side. You can read her story below and I thank all of you who prayed for Sandy. She was not conscious and my friend says she had a beautiful smile and a very peaceful look on her face at the end - something they had not seen in awhile. They know Jesus came to take her home. Tomorrow is the funeral, all was pre-arranged by Sandy and will be a celebration of her life.

Sandy is the best friend of a co-worker of mine that I've gotten very close to at preschool (my other job!). They have been best friends since 5th grade, maid of honor in each other wedding and both were even present in the delivery room when their oldest kids were born.

Sandy is 38 and has brain cancer. This has been ongoing for 3 years with 2 operations so far when they thought they had gotten the tumor and each time it came back. This time it is in the brainstem and inoperable. My friend got a call from Sandys mom this morning that Hospice has been called in. She will be going home in a few days for the last time to her two girls, ages 12 & 7 and of course to Glory alot sooner than anyone expected. She is a strong Christian. It is just all so very sad and my friend is 3 hours away and travelling to be with Sandy most weekends. We are just asking for comfort and peace right now for Sandy and family and my friend. Her 12 year old is having a very hard time with all of this, such a hard age to lose your mommy. I have stopped many times today to count my blessings and picked up the phone and called my best friend to tell her that I love and miss her. Thank y'all.

Last edited:
So sad to hear - she will be going to a much better place without pain or suffering, but her kids and family and everyone that will be left behind will hurt. I pray that they all have the peace that only God can give them during this difficult time! May the same arms that welcome her home, comfort her family.

Oh Cindy... Blessed JESUS... please be with this family and their extended family of loved ones and friends... be so ever near to these children... losing someone to Glory before we think they've lived long enough is so hard for us to understand Lord. Grant courage to help sustain them all through this time. Grant them the time to freely share with one another. Please continue to uphold those around this family that is ministering to them. We don't understand Your plans but we commit this family to you in prayer and lay them before your precious throne. Amen

That is so sad my heart goes out to her and her family. I can`t imagine how she is dealing with all this, I`m so sorry.
My Mom died on a brain tumor when I was 17 my brother was 11 it was very hard for us, so I hope God will help them trough that difficult time.

They'll be in my prayers.

Oh Cindy - I will be praying. I lost one of my dearest friends to breast cancer in January. She was 35, and left behind her husband and 4.5 yr old daughter. (plus all of the rest of us who miss her)
It's one thing to know that God is in control, and another to try and understand His ways all of the time. sometimes we just have to KNOW (and believe) that His way is perfect, and one day (but maybe not on this earth) it will be clear to us. In the meantime, I will pray that the God of ALL comfort will comfort Sandy, and her family and friends, and that a spirit of peace and love will be on that home as they spend these days together.
I will also pray that if it is God's Will, Sandy will be healed.

My prayers are with you & your friend....

Cindy--I just want you to know that your friends and you will be in my prayers. Wow, what a sad thing, but Thank God she is a believer!! Sometimes we don't understand all the "whys" but I know our Heavenly Father is here to help us through these difficult times. Keep us updated on how things are going.

1. What is "Prayers Please for Sandy"?

"Prayers Please for Sandy" is a virtual prayer group organized by Pampered Chef to offer support and prayers for our colleague Sandy who is currently going through a difficult time.

2. Can anyone join the "Prayers Please for Sandy" group?

Yes, anyone from the Pampered Chef community is welcome to join the group and offer their prayers and well wishes for Sandy.

3. How can I submit a prayer for Sandy?

To submit a prayer for Sandy, simply post it in the designated thread within the Facebook group. Alternatively, you can also send it to the designated email address provided by Pampered Chef.

4. Will Sandy be able to see the prayers and messages from the group?

Yes, Sandy will have access to the Facebook group and will be able to see all the prayers and messages of support from the group members. She will also receive a compilation of all the emails sent to the designated email address.

5. How often will the "Prayers Please for Sandy" group be updated?

The Facebook group will be updated regularly with new prayers and messages from the group members. A compilation of all the emails received will be sent to Sandy on a weekly basis.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies
Views
nikked
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat