• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saying Goodbye to Carmine: A Heartbreaking Vet Visit with Sandi

In summary, Sandi is taking her kitty Carmine to the vet for his final appointment, which will be very difficult. Carmine has had numerous surgeries and treatments for cancer, but the tumors keep coming back. Tonight, Sandi will be there with her to support her.
sk8rgrrl99
Tonight I'm going with my friend Sandi to take her kitty Carmine to the vet. It will be his final appointment. Carmine is only 12 years old but he has cancer and the tumors just keep coming back. He's been through numerous surgeries, had to wear the cone and take antibiotics after each one but the tumors just keep coming back. He's all but stopped eating now and he's super thin. When you pet him you can feel his ribs. I know it's his time but it's going to be a tough night. Her appointment is at 6:40 PM. I'm going to her house at 6 PM so we have enough time to get there and get in the car. I'll miss him so. He's a black and white long hair with a pink nose. He looks just like Sylvester. I'm just praying for the strength to be her rock while we there and to cry later on my own. I want to be there for her and help her through this.

Oh how sad :( Don't worry about crying infront of her, she will know that you care and that you understand how important her kitty is to her.

Awww...take care tonight! :(

Grief is grief. You and your friend will be in my prayers.

You have me tearing up. I had to have our dog put down a few years ago, and I still get upset about how upset my son was. Actually it was almost 10 years ago! You should offer to drive and let her hug the kitty for his last ride.

People sometimes say it is silly to get upset over an animal but after having to put our 12 year old pet to sleep a few months back I totally understand. It was the hardest thing we have ever had to do - like you say, Sadie (she was a boston terrier - pug mix) was only 12 years old but she was in cardio pulminary failure and had been on many, many medications for the past eight month - and I still miss her dearly. You guys will definately by in my thoughts this evening. It's great that you are going with her - it would have been so hard for her to have to do alone.

I'm so sorry to hear this...losing an animal IS like losing a child...

I lost my precious cat of 10 years old about 5 years ago...it was one of the most awful things I've gone through, I cried for 2 days straight and still miss him terribly.

I know what your friend is going to be going through and I don't wish that pain on anyone.

Maybe on your way there you can both tell funny stories about him and be there for her on the way back.
Keep us posted.

It is never easy to see a pet family member go. I had to go though this for the last 4 years with each of my three older cats and one younger one that had FIP. I will be thinking of you both.

Awww...sorry to hear about your friends kitty {{{hugs}}}

Last edited:
Sarah,

You are so nice to go with your friend - it's such a hard thing to go through - we lost our cat Colibri 7 1/2 years ago to cancer - my husband took her to the vet by himself and he said it was the hardest thing he ever had to do.

Thanks everyone!! I just got back. My friend did SO well. She was so strong for Carmine (the kitty). She looked him in the eye and petted his head while they gave him the injection. It was very peaceful. I was the wreck that was crying!!! But we know we did the right thing for him. He was in pain and now he is not. He'll be very missed.

Awww...you are such a good friend...at least he isn't suffering anymore and that's the most important thing.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Thanks everyone!! I just got back. My friend did SO well. She was so strong for Carmine (the kitty). She looked him in the eye and petted his head while they gave him the injection. It was very peaceful. I was the wreck that was crying!!! But we know we did the right thing for him. He was in pain and now he is not. He'll be very missed.

Sometimes we are strong when we think we will be the weakest. I am sure you are checking on your friend today. My son lost his best friend of 14 years this past summer. He and Silky had grown up together but Silky had some tumors. My ex and I struggled as to what to do and when. Finally, we all agreed that even though Silk wasn't in pain, he would be soon. He looked horrible. I left work to meet them at the vet and my son called me on my cell minutes before I arrived at the vet's. Silky had died with his head on my son's lap in the truck just minutes away from the vet. My son did not cry at first and did not want to be hugged, talked to or touched. My first real lesson on how some men cope.

They brought Silk home and I purchased a figurine for his grave of a cat curled up taking a nap. He was certainly a big part of the family. He was such a loving cat and such a good fellow. My son wanted a new cat right away, he told me, not to replace Silky, but to have a pet. He now has Thor and this week the cute little monster was declawed and neutered!!! He is more distructive than Silky, but a great cuddler.

Sorry to ramble...you are such a good kitty friend!!!

Signed,
One bad relationship away from becoming "The cat lady"!!!

Sandi wants a new cat right away too. She and her husband really want to help another homeless kitty have a home and a good life. As luck would have it, a fellow cheffer needs to find a new home for her kitty and Sandi and her husband have decided to adopt her kitty. More and more each day I truly believe that everything happens for a reason!!

Related to Saying Goodbye to Carmine: A Heartbreaking Vet Visit with Sandi

1. What is "Saying Goodbye to Carmine" about?

"Saying Goodbye to Carmine" is a heart-wrenching story about Sandi's visit to the vet to say goodbye to her beloved pet, Carmine. It explores the emotions and difficult decisions that come with saying goodbye to a cherished animal companion.

2. Is this book appropriate for all ages?

While the book does deal with the topic of pet loss, it is ultimately a heartwarming and hopeful story. It is suitable for all ages, but parents may want to read it with younger children to help them process their emotions.

3. Can I purchase this book in physical form?

Yes, "Saying Goodbye to Carmine" is available for purchase in paperback form through the Pampered Chef website or through independent consultants. You can also purchase it as an e-book on various online platforms.

4. Is this book only for pet owners?

While the story centers around a pet, the themes of love, loss, and grief are universal. Anyone who has experienced loss or has a special bond with an animal can relate to this story.

5. How does "Saying Goodbye to Carmine" tie in with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is committed to helping families gather and create meaningful memories. This book aligns with that mission by highlighting the importance of cherishing our loved ones, even if they have fur or feathers. Plus, a portion of the sales from this book goes to support animal shelters and rescue organizations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies