• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I help my kitten after being accidentally smooshed by my 110 pound dog?

although I would definitely take her in to the vet just to rule out any other injuries if she's still limping tomorrow. :)Yeah, I know. He's just so big and dopey sometimes.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
100_2309.jpg

This is Spirit- he's an idiot. I can't blame him really- I should blame the breeder...however I'm not on speaking terms with her. So our dear dog Spirit is nothing short of a brick-brain! I do love him with all my heart, but sometimes his sheer size can just get him into loads of trouble!

He is 110 pounds of stoopid! He thinks he's an 8 pound lap dog and is more than willing to kiss anyone or anything that moves- basically he has a tongue and a stoopid smile that never quits.

We also have a adorable little kitten- Camilla Bean (a.k.a The Brat) She is just under 7.5 pounds.

Spirit was trying to play with Camilla today and SMOOSHED her very badly!

She is limping and is TICKED off! She's been groaning, and moaning, and hissing, and growling, and grumbling for about 30 minutes. I finally managed to coax her from under the bed, and nothing seems dislocated or broken, but he got her hip pretty good and she cannot put any pressure on her back leg/hip. I'm concerned mostly because of her size, and secondly she's been pretty vocal about her irritation with being smooshed.

We don't have the money to take her in to the vet, so I need some advice. Should I just let her be? I did take Spirit out for a long walk shortly after he smooshed her with his mammoth paw to get some of his excited energy out of him, but she still seems to be in some pain.

What can I give a kitty in pain? Obviously if she's still limping tomorrow I'm going to have to break out the credit card and take her in to the vet- but I soooo pray I won't have to do that.

Any ideas? Any advice?

Last edited:
I'll have to look it up but...

DO NOT GIVE ASPIRIN - ASPIRIN CAN BE FATAL TO CATS!!!!

I was going to say the same thing Janet...but I dont have a remedy.

WOW, 110 pounds?? He is soooo cute!:love:

I can't find much for cats Kacey except monitor and see how she does...you could try an ice pack wrapped in a towel and see if she'll lay on it or let you apply it for awhile. Does she put any weight on the back hip? There is a slim chance she tore her ACL from the smooshing. Monitor and if she isn't better tomorrow you're going to have to bite the bullet and take her in!BTW - DH has nicknamed our dogs Dumb and Dumber...

janetupnorth said:
I'll have to look it up but...

DO NOT GIVE ASPIRIN - ASPIRIN CAN BE FATAL TO CATS!!!!
I KNOW THAT!!!!! THANKS FOR TELLING ME ANYWAY!!! :)

She's a drama queen~Well, I laid hands on my little kitten, and just told the bones to be healed and the tendons, and cartilege, etc to be healed...and then just whispered a little prayer to God- as He knows we just don't have the money for this right now.

Well, she's still being vocal, but she did manage to come into my den and hop up on her table to eat. Then she walked down a flight of stairs. She is only putting partial pressure on her hip, but I think she's going to be alright. I'll keep an eye on her, but my guess is that she was milking it for all it was worth, and was really offended that my pooch hurt her- too funny!

Thanks for letting me panic!

letscook04 said:

Yes, he really is. And he does have a loving personality- but he is just soooo stooopid! I feel for the guy, I really do! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I KNOW THAT!!!!! THANKS FOR TELLING ME ANYWAY!!! :)

I didn't when I first got a cat! :)

Just want your baby safe! He-he...but really, I'm not yelling at you. ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, I laid hands on my little kitten, and just told the bones to be healed and the tendons, and cartilege, etc to be healed...and then just whispered a little prayer to God- as He knows we just don't have the money for this right now.

Well, she's still being vocal, but she did manage to come into my den and hop up on her table to eat. Then she walked down a flight of stairs. She is only putting partial pressure on her hip, but I think she's going to be alright. I'll keep an eye on her, but my guess is that she was milking it for all it was worth, and was really offended that my pooch hurt her- too funny!

Thanks for letting me panic!

That's good! That she's putting more pressure on it - hopefully just a strain and it will be better soon!

letscook04 said:

That's nothing - I had someone e-mail me today asking what Flea & Tick product they should use for their 175 lb dog since Frontline Plus for Large Dogs is 89-132 lbs. and K9 Advantix has a "over 55" box.

janetupnorth said:
I didn't when I first got a cat! :)

Just want your baby safe! He-he...but really, I'm not yelling at you. ;)
I know you weren't yelling at me. I was laughing when I saw it. I just had to razzz you. :) I was considering running to the store to get some dramamine, but I think she's even too tiny for that. The dramamine would at least put her to sleep so she could rest it off. I seem to remember my vet telling me that my cat had to be about 10 pounds in order to take that- so I'm out of luck. I sprayed some of the calming spray on the couch, and she's resting there- she only grumbles or growls when we walk by and look like we are taking an interest in how she's feeling.

your dog is soooo cute, I have 2 stupid dogs too :)

janetupnorth said:
That's nothing - I had someone e-mail me today asking what Flea & Tick product they should use for their 175 lb dog since Frontline Plus for Large Dogs is 89-132 lbs. and K9 Advantix has a "over 55" box.

Ouch! That's a big pooch! Spirit doesn't seem that big until he tries to sit on our laps, or jumps on us because he's excited. He got me good in the stomach the other day- OUCH!

merego said:
your dog is soooo cute, I have 2 stupid dogs too :)
100_2768.jpg

Here is our other dog. Delaney (Laney) is actually one of the smarted dogs I know! She barks a lot, but she's very clever! :)

That's probably the best....just let her rest...(OK, that was a really bad unintentional rhyme!)

If you click on photos, then "J" my two come up first on the list.

Kacey, those are the sweetest doggies ever!!!

I hope your kitty is all better soon. I also hope she forgives you for allowing the dog to smoosh her.One of our teenage cats (we have one mama, two teenagers, and a litter off kittens somewhere) has a cold. He's not happy and keeps following The Furry Guy around and sneezing at him.

there is no dog on earth dumber (or smarter!) than my Jack Russell...he is 2 and his name is Zeke. He chases lizards and frogs, smells every blade of grass as if it were the enemy and growls and snarls when we tell him to "go to bed"...it's his crate that he has always slept in! I love him!

raebates said:
I hope your kitty is all better soon. I also hope she forgives you for allowing the dog to smoosh her.

One of our teenage cats (we have one mama, two teenagers, and a litter off kittens somewhere) has a cold. He's not happy and keeps following The Furry Guy around and sneezing at him.

When I rescued Camilla from the shelter as a 3 month old kitten, she had a bad respiratory infection. The vet told us to give her steam baths. So I'd go in the bathroom, turn the shower on HOT, close the bathroom door, wait 5 minutes and then go in holding little Camilla Bean- we'd stay in there for about 10 minutes, and the steam really helped her get over her cold faster. I did 2 steam baths a day. She loved being in the steamy bathroom. She'd always fall asleep as I was holding her and rocking back and forth in the steamy bathroom! :)

Maybe that will help your poor fella out? I hate it when pets get sick, but a sneezing cat that cannot breath is just plain SAD!

1. What is "Meet My Idiot Pooch"?

"Meet My Idiot Pooch" is a Pampered Chef product that consists of a customizable recipe book and dog treat maker. It is designed to help dog owners create delicious and healthy treats for their furry friends.

2. Is the recipe book included with the dog treat maker?

Yes, the recipe book is included with the dog treat maker. It contains a variety of easy-to-follow recipes for both homemade dog treats and human snacks that can be made with the dog treat maker.

3. What types of treats can I make with "Meet My Idiot Pooch"?

You can make a variety of treats, including crunchy treats, soft treats, and frozen treats. The recipe book also includes options for grain-free and gluten-free treats.

4. Is "Meet My Idiot Pooch" dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the recipe book and dog treat maker are dishwasher safe for easy clean-up.

5. Can I personalize the recipe book with my dog's name?

Yes, the recipe book is customizable with your dog's name on the cover. This makes it a great gift for any dog owner or a special way to show your love for your furry companion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • erinyourpclady