• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion How did my son escape serious injury after I ran over him with my car?

In summary, an expert summarizer was discussing how someone ran over their child with their car and the child was fine.
Crystal Patton
Today I ran over my oldest son with my Toyota Tundra.

We were running late for Martial Arts and I told him to go open the gate, which he usually does. He usually returns to the truck before I back out, but today it was very windy so I yelled to him to stay with the gate and keep it open.
He didn't hear me. He was running back to the truck, he tripped and fell down. I couldn't see him and I ran over both of his lower legs with my back tire.

I took him to urgent care, as the closest ER is 30 min away - more becasue it was rush hour. He was amazing. He was my little man. They check him over, he had small scratch on his left ankle and a bit of road rash on his right ankle. He could move both hip joints, knee's and ankles without trouble. He could also put weight on both legs, though he was favoring his right so they took X-rays. No fractures, breaks or splinters.
They told me to give him pain killers tonight and tomorrow if he needed it. But he would be fine in a couple of days.

How is it that I can make the dumbest decisions and the Lord still blesses me? How can I be worthy of a son who tells me he was glad his little brothers were already in the truck? I am amazed by the Grace of God.

Praise the Lord he is okay! God is so good!

God is so good, and we are not worthy. It sounds like you have an exceptional young man. I am proud for you.

Oh Crystal!! How glad I am that he is okay! That is just the scariest thing. It honestly is my worst fear. I hope you aren't too shaken up! Truly a blessing that he is fine and so sweet about it. :)

babywings76 said:
Oh Crystal!! How glad I am that he is okay! That is just the scariest thing. It honestly is my worst fear. I hope you aren't too shaken up! Truly a blessing that he is fine and so sweet about it. :)

My DH told me to drink heavily LOL, but you guys are my therapy.

Well, you guys and a 32 oz package of cookie dough.

God is so good to us! I wonder how people can hear about things like that and still say God doesn't do miracles any more...

Holy cow! That is amazing! I was a little shocked by your first sentence, the worst came to my mind.

I was cool headed and took care of business at the time. But now that all the boys are in bed and I have a moment to reflect I have tears running down my face as I praise God.

I joke a lot, it's my nature, but I jusy can't get over that my full size truck went over my 6 year olds legs and he is fine.

I just know that the Lord was in my front yard today.

This is the second time I've read a story like this one - the Lord is truly amazing. A couple of years ago, some folks five houses east of me ran over their three year old with their SUV. The ground was soft (it was spring) and the tire pushed the little boy into the ground and went right over him - with no damage what so ever.And what stories those two boys will have to tell!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This is the second time I've read a story like this one - the Lord is truly amazing. A couple of years ago, some folks five houses east of me ran over their three year old with their SUV. The ground was soft (it was spring) and the tire pushed the little boy into the ground and went right over him - with no damage what so ever.

And what stories those two boys will have to tell!

Tell me about it! My oldest gets his humor from me and I'm keeping him home from school tomorrow - mostly to just look at him and know he really is OK, but also because I'm not sure how he will spin the story. LOL

"Mom told me to get out of the way - man, don't push her!"
"That's the last time I mouth off!"
You get the idea.

God is absolutely amazing.. How can things like this happen & people still don't believe?
God bless you & your family!

Wow, Crystal! God is amazing! Have a big old sip of wine with your wonderful hubby!

A friend of a friend of mine was in a horrible accident ... he and his signficant other had a fight, so he stormed out of the car and ran towards a highway overpass. He sat down on the wall trying to scare his friends, lost his footing ... and fell 40 feet.

The huge volume of Ohio snow broke his fall, and he rolled down the hill.

His only injury? A shattered hip from the rolling.

This was my friend's opportunity to witness ... he said, "I don't care what you guys believe, God's hand was all over this situation."

Wow! I'm so glad he's okay.

What an amazing story ~ when you hear something like that, you know it can only be God. Makes me want to hug my son!

(I'd be a wreck later too, though - it would be hard to stop replaying it....it's sort of like how I tear up every time I see the footage of all those passengers standing on the wings of that jet floating in the Hudson. It's an amazing, against all odds event, and you KNOW that the hand of God is under it all.)

Praise the Lord! I am so glad your son is ok!! I'm even more glad that my God still performs miracles!!!

When my babies were born, they had problems with their blood and God healed them. My 4 year old tells people all the time . . . "Did you know that God healed my blood?" It is so cute! I sat down one time and wrote down all the miracles that have happened in his life and it is amazing!!!!

Oh my...glad he is o.k.! You hear so many stories of when it doesn't turn out good! :(Glad to hear a great result! Take good care of the little guy!

I am so glad that he is OK.

Oh yes, God is definitely there. I'm glad your son is okay! When my brother was about the same age, my dad did the same thing, but like your son there was no injury. In fact, once my dad saw that my brother was okay, he gave him an ice pack, told him to sit on the porch, and oh yeah, don't tell your mother.

Crystal I am so glad your son is okay.

AMAZING...

Thanks for sharing...

WOW!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'm so glad you have a happy ending!:thumbup:

You are so blessed!! What a week it's been for your family! I'm so glad that God is holding you in the palm of his hand. Just remember to Let Go and Let God handle all of your worries. (do you need any more reminder than this!?!!?)

How is it that I can make the dumbest decisions and the Lord still blesses me? How can I be worthy of a son who tells me he was glad his little brothers were already in the truck? I am amazed by the Grace of God.

Wow. I am continually amazed by God, too. Thanks for sharing how his hand was on your son yesterday, it is wonderful to hear things like that. (Even though I am sorry you guys went through that!) What a little trooper you have, he sounds like he has a great heart, thinking of his brothers over himself! Praise God for keeping him safe!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and sharing your stories too. I am amazed at how the Lord finds any of us worthy of His Grace.

My 'Little Trooper' got up this morning and was able to limp to the bathroom. After breakfast he asked to go to school today. "Mom, Friday's are computer and library. I REALLY want to go, pleeeease!!"
How could I say no, so we went in late and I'll pick him up right after computers and library. The first thing he did was show off the road rash on his right ankle. Scars are sooo cool.:rolleyes:

Crystal I am so glad things worked out for you. What a great little guy you;ve got, and a guardian angel up there!

Oh, what a horrible thing to go through, but thank God (and I am SO glad too!) that he is fine. You are right, He was truly watching over you both.

I am sure you are pretty shaken up though - try not to beat yourself up too much, I (and I'm sure others!) have had enough "near misses" to know that we all make mistakes, but most of the time we are fortunate enough to have them be only that. The whole backing over a kid is one of my and DH's big fears too. Like Janet said, too many times these stories don't have happy endings...

Girl, what a blessing! And a mighty testimony to God's grace and love!

So glad to hear that everyone is okay :) God's blessings are amazing. May I suggest you enroll your family in a sign language class?? You may think I am joking but we use ASL often: from when our mouths are full of food to communicating across the grocery store (in line of sight but rude to yell). The classes are quite fun - I think your fam would enjoy.

So glad everyone is okay. We had a family friend who had a similar experience, their's did not have the happy ending that yours did. Go hug that baby!

God was certainly looking out for you and DS.

That's wonderful news that he's ok. It goes to show that these kinds of accidents can happen to ANYONE.

I am so thankful God's hands were upon him and I know you are. I am praying for you b/c I am sure you are doubtin yourself right now but you are a great mom and God gave YOU those children for a reason.

Crystal, how old is he?
Thank the Lord that he is ok! This almost makes me cry that things turned out so well, what could have been a tragedy.

chefsteph07 said:
Crystal, how old is he?
Thank the Lord that he is ok! This almost makes me cry that things turned out so well, what could have been a tragedy.

He is 6 and tryin' real hard to fill his Daddy's shoes. My DH works on the road. He came home for 2 weeks at Christmas, but the time before that was August for 4 days.

Wyatt (the DS) stayed for the whole day at school and even wanted to ride the bus home. He is still a little sore but no longer limping and it's barely been 24 hours.

Your experience brought tears to my eyes. Praise God for his truly awesome action in our lives! And good for you for recognizing His hand!

Jessamary said:
Oh yes, God is definitely there. I'm glad your son is okay! When my brother was about the same age, my dad did the same thing, but like your son there was no injury. In fact, once my dad saw that my brother was okay, he gave him an ice pack, told him to sit on the porch, and oh yeah, don't tell your mother.

I loved the 'Don't tell your mother' part. LOL
I had Wyatt call his Dad after we got out of Urgent Care. I just knew that if I told DH he would freak out before I could finish the story. But if Wyatt told him it was obvious that Wyatt was OK, because Wyatt was talking to him. Of course DH wanted to talk to me pretty quick.

Get_Pampered said:
So glad to hear that everyone is okay :) God's blessings are amazing. May I suggest you enroll your family in a sign language class?? You may think I am joking but we use ASL often: from when our mouths are full of food to communicating across the grocery store (in line of sight but rude to yell). The classes are quite fun - I think your fam would enjoy.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into it. :thumbup:

So glad he is ok. Unfortunately this happens all the time. I am always worried about backing up. I drive a van and I'm not very tall and it is hard to see all the places you need to see when you back up. I was glad to see that a lot of the newer cars are being equipped with those alarms for backing up. God is so good. It is awesome when he takes care of us in such a way. And you didn't do anything dumb. You told him, thought he heard you and proceeded. He couldn't help falling and you couldn't help that either. Don't beat yourself up. I am just glad you are both ok. And yes, some basic ASL would be great for any family to learn. If you have a baby it is a good time to start teaching them...they catch on fast. I worked with a deaf child and learned a lot of sign language. It comes in handy.

What an awesome addition to Wyatt's testimony! I immediately pictured the Lord laying on top of him to protect him. I'm so amazed at the miracles he is STILL performing today!

God is so good - and I'm glad He had His protective hand on your son!! And what a trooper for him to have such an awesome attitude about it.

Oh Crystal!! I just saw your thread. Wow!! I am so glad that your DS is alright. God is SO good to all of us!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Wyatt is running around and not a bit sore (or so he tells me). The only evidence is the road rash on his right ankle, there isn't even a bruise. 48 hours later and it's like it never happened.

What Amazing Grace!

Crystal that is just amazing. I am so happy for your family!!

Just be warned, Crystal. I can hear him now at 16 saying, "What do you mean I can't borrow the car? Remember when you ran over me with the car? You owe me!" LOL!

raebates said:
Just be warned, Crystal. I can hear him now at 16 saying, "What do you mean I can't borrow the car? Remember when you ran over me with the car? You owe me!" LOL!

LOL That is true! I can hear him saying it too.

Of course with our sence of humor my responce would be something like:
"Yeah, and if you don't bring up your grades I'll do it again."

1. How did my son escape serious injury after I ran over him with my car?

It is possible that your son's quick reaction time and agility helped him avoid more serious injuries. Additionally, the fact that he fell and was not completely flat on the ground may have lessened the impact of the car.

2. What should I do if I accidentally run over my child with my car?

If you find yourself in a similar situation, it is important to remain calm and assess the situation. If your child is conscious and able to move, carefully check for any injuries and seek medical attention immediately. If there are any signs of serious injury, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.

3. How can I prevent accidents like this from happening in the future?

Always make sure to check your surroundings and use mirrors when backing up your car, especially when children are present. It is also important to teach your children about car safety and to establish clear rules for getting in and out of the car, such as waiting for an adult to give the signal before approaching the vehicle.

4. What steps should I take after an accident like this?

After an accident involving a child, it is important to seek medical attention and have your child thoroughly checked for any injuries. You should also report the incident to your insurance company and document any damages to your car or property.

5. How can I cope with the guilt and emotions after an accident like this?

It is natural to feel guilty and overwhelmed after a traumatic event involving a loved one. It is important to seek support from family, friends, or a therapist to help you process your emotions and cope with any lingering guilt. Remember to also practice self-care and give yourself time to heal and forgive yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies