• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has The Furry Guy's Injury Caused Chaos in Our Household?

In summary, The Furry Guy twisted his ankle while playing with kids at church on Sunday. He took a long nap and used crutches to attend a concert that evening. On Monday, he went to work with a possible torn ligament, but an x-ray revealed a broken bone in his ankle. He will see an orthopedist tomorrow. Rae is acting as a chauffeur for him and hopes for a quick recovery. Many people have sent their well-wishes and hope he will be able to play with the kids again soon.
raebates
Staff member
Have you missed me? I've been off line waiting for doctors to call. I won't be offended if you haven't noticed that I've been gone the last two days. :p

On Sunday morning The Furry Guy was kicking a ball round with some of the kids at church. They were inside. As he took a kick at the ball, his shoe caught on one of the rubber play mats on the floor, twisting his ankle. He limped around the rest of the morning.

When we got home, he took a long nap. We were headed to a small concert that evening, so he got out some crutches we have at home. (Trust me. We have a little bit of everything at our house.)

I went to the dentist early Monday morning. He got up while I was gone. There was no swelling or bruising, but his ankle still hurt. He couldn't move it or put weight on it without sharp pain, so he called the doctor.

The doctor told him that he had probably torn a ligament, but he ordered x-rays just to be safe. We waited for the results until it was time for him to go to work. Yes, he still went to work. I drove him there, attended my team meeting, then picked him up.

Finally, after 1:00 today, the doctor called. One of the bones in his ankle is definitely broken. He'll see the orthopedist tomorrow.

Thankfully, he's not in a lot of pain. It's just a bit of a hassle for both of us. He can't do what he wants/needs to get done, and I spend a lot of my time driving him here and there. You see, it's his right ankle, so I'll be acting as chauffeur for a while.

Aw, that stinks, Rae! I hope the Furry Guy is soon on the mend, without too much whining. :) Poor fella....

awww I am sorry Rae..... I hope the furry guy is on the mend soon!!

Rae - I was just wondering where you were - I thought for sure we'd hear from you on the "I'm taking my toys & going home" discussion - LOL
I am sorry to hear about the furry guy. I hope he heals up fast...injured men can be exhausting!! LOL

Good luck Rae...to you and your hubby! Crutches are not fun, I was on them this summer with the sprain. I'm happy I can finally say that "sprains are worse than breaks," so he's lucky....as long as he doesn't need surgery! (I can't tell you how many people said that to me....gee thanks for the reminder!)

Here's to an ankle that heals quickly! Tell him to take it easy! At least he didn't argue about going to the doc. I'm proud of him! :)

Thanks, everyone. He's not a whiner, so I don't have that to deal with. Also, he's a very smart man who gets regular check-ups and is pretty good about seeing a doctor when there's a problem.Yeah, I know, he's amazing!

Did he ever play baseball in Japan?I bet he'd have been a gleat crutch hittel.

Rae,
I hope he is well soon and able to play with the kids again. After meeting him, I can't imagine him not being able to play with the kids. I bet he will miss that a lot.

I fractured my foot on a motorcycle one time and was amazed how quickly it healed. My husband said get on, show the kids how easy it is to ride a motorcyle for the first time. I got on and did a wheelie for about 30 feet :eek: and not knowing how to ride a motorcycle, fell to the ground with the bike landing on my foot !!! He said "what did you do that for?" I calmly said "CAN YOU GET THE BIKE OFF OF MY FOOT!":rolleyes: He didn't even know it was on my foot or that I was hurt. As soon as I took my shoe off the top of my foot swelled the size of a baseball !! I ended up using crutches for 3 days and having one of those walking cast / boots for feet for a few weeks.

Now of course, I don't know about ankles that may take more time, but it would be great if it doesn't. I was surprised how quickly mine healed.

GOOD LUCK !!

On a side note... he won't be out finding odd things to eat :yuck:

Rae tell Furry Guy we hope he feels better soon. Hurry back to us, we need you!

So sorry to hear about this Rae....there's not much in life worse than a sick or ailing man! (no offense KG, I'm sure you are a great patient!)

And, the only reason I haven't missed you is that I've been pretty absent my own self since Thursday.

Hope he's feeling better soon!

A man who WILLINGLY GOES TO THE DOCTOR... you really do have a one in a million! I hope he heals very quickly as a reward for being so smart to go in right away! :)

Rae~

Tell the Furry Guy prayers are going up for a quick recovery!! Keep us posted when you can...make him some cookies from all of us!

quiverfull7 said:
A man who WILLINGLY GOES TO THE DOCTOR... you really do have a one in a million! I hope he heals very quickly as a reward for being so smart to go in right away! :)
I know - guys like us end up in the tank.

Thanks, all. Honestly, he's not a whiner. Tina, you've met the man. You don't really think this will stop him from playing with the kids, do you? He'll be manning the board games on Sunday.

The UpdateThe Furry Guy saw the orthopedist today. He both fractured and sprained the ankle. Seems the ligament was pulled so hard that it pulled the bone apart. Cool, huh? The doctor even mentioned that most people who break their ankles do it on the outside. His is on the inside.The good news is that it's a small fracture. He's in a slim brace. He should be able to walk without the crutches next week. That means he should be able to drive, too.

Only The Furry GuyOn Monday he called work to let them know he was on crutches. He's a machinist and wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem. His supervisor's supervisor told him it wasn't an issue. He worked all night with no problems.

Tuesday he was getting things ready at his machine, when someone told him they wanted to see him in the office. He walked in to find his supervisor, the supervisor's supervisor, the supervisor's supervisor's supervisor, and the nurse/safety officer. He sat down and said, "I called in. They said it was okay."

The told him they knew that, but he can't work his machine on crutches. He told them he didn't have any problems the night before. They said they know that, too, but it's against safety regulations. The nurse pointed out that any normal person would have taken a couple of days off. Some people would even have taken advantage of the situation. But, no, not him.

They've moved him to the "dungeon" of the factory to a job with no one around and less pay. :yuck: Thankfully, the doctor has told him that as soon as he's comfortable standing and walking on that foot, he can.

raebates said:
The Furry Guy saw the orthopedist today. He both fractured and sprained the ankle. Seems the ligament was pulled so hard that it pulled the bone apart. Cool, huh? The doctor even mentioned that most people who break their ankles do it on the outside. His is on the inside.

The good news is that it's a small fracture. He's in a slim brace. He should be able to walk without the crutches next week. That means he should be able to drive, too.
His new Nickname is Napoleon.

Napoleon Bone Apart.

He'll love that! I'll also be sharing that with our DS.

So how is Napoleon Boneapart getting along?

Rae,
keeping all of you in my prayers.
Teresa

Napoleon (aka The Furry Guy) is doing well. He can put a bit of weight on that foot while wearing the brace.BTW, he loves his new nickname.

1. What happened to the Furry Guy that he needs crutches?

The Furry Guy recently injured his leg while out for a run. He is currently recovering and using crutches to help him get around.

2. Will the Furry Guy still be able to perform his duties at Pampered Chef?

Yes, the Furry Guy is still able to perform his duties at Pampered Chef while on crutches. He may need some additional assistance, but he is determined to continue providing excellent service to our customers.

3. How long will the Furry Guy be on crutches?

The Furry Guy's recovery time is uncertain at the moment. It will depend on how well his injury heals and how quickly he can regain his mobility. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

4. Can I send well wishes or gifts to the Furry Guy while he is on crutches?

Thank you for your thoughtfulness! While the Furry Guy appreciates all of the love and support, he kindly asks that you refrain from sending gifts or cards. Your well wishes and positive thoughts are enough to help him through this time.

5. Will the Furry Guy still be able to attend and host Pampered Chef parties?

Absolutely! The Furry Guy is still available to attend and host Pampered Chef parties while on crutches. If he needs additional assistance, we will make sure to provide it so that the party can still be a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003