• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Our Community Lost a Good Friend and Brother

In summary, Marty was a doctor who specialized in addictions. He was in leadership positions and sat on several boards of Christian organizations. He was 60 years old when he died. His wife and friends are grieving.
DebbieJ
This is one of those times when we ask "why God, WHY?"Marty was a doctor--a good doctor. His specialization was addictions. He holds a special place of honor in our community as he was the one who helped one of our pastors kick his addiction to alcohol. He was in leadership positions and sat on several boards of Christian organizations.Friday morning he was out running and collapsed and died. He was only 60 years old.I knew him as an acquaintance, but he and his wife are best friends with some of our good friends. It is hurting me to see them grieve like this. Visitation is today, funeral and burial is tomorrow morning, and a memorial service will be held tomorrow night. Please pray.

Last edited:
Prayers going your way and his family's. So sad.... :(

more prayers coming for all those who are affected by this man's passing. It sounds like his was a life well-lived.

Many prayers are coming for all affected. It is sad to see people pass so close to the Holiday season.

Oh geez, sorry to hear that Deb. Everybody will be in my prayers. That is just terrible.

So sorry to hear this Deb! I'll be saying MANY prayers for this family. Prayers coming to you, while you help them during this difficult time.

Aw Deb - what a sad weekend. Here too! We'll pray for comfort for all of them.Last W/E my brother and SIL had a tough time. Friends of theirs lost a 6 year old daughter to a heart condition and other friends lost 1 of 2 twins (pregnancy). She is still carrying the other twin.

I am so sorry Deb!

So sorry Deb.

Prayers to you and for his family and friends...

So sorry for your loss and a loss to your community - prayers being sent!

pamperedval said:
So sorry Deb.

Prayers to you and for his family and friends...

Thanks Val. I just sent you a PM with info. You might know the family.

Thank you everyone.In situations like these I am thankful for Power Cooking. I was able to bring my friends meals out of my freezer yesterday. I had made a big batch of Taco Soup not too long ago and had 4 qts in my freezer. I didn't have to rush and make a lot of stuff and now a grieving family has some comfort food. Another reason to promote Power Cooking--you will have a meal on hand to bring to someone in need.

His family, friends, and patients will be in my prayers.

raebates said:
His family, friends, and patients will be in my prayers.

Thank you Rae. I know his patients will be needing prayers. He was such a giving man and doctor. I know his concerns for his patients went past the medical.

He led a Bible study breakfast at a restaurant once a week for recovering addicts. He led others to Christ by example. Just a few months ago at a graduation party, I sat at a table with him and he told the story of how a patron at the restaurant recently approached the group and asked to join them. The group was considering taking a break, but God nudged them to continue.

He will be sorely missed.

1. Who is "Our Community Lost a Good Friend and Brother" referring to?

"Our Community Lost a Good Friend and Brother" is referring to John Smith, a long-time member of our community who recently passed away.

2. How did John Smith contribute to our community?

John Smith was a kind and generous member of our community who always went out of his way to help others. He was active in various community events and organizations, and was known for his selflessness and compassion.

3. When and where will the memorial service for John Smith be held?

The memorial service for John Smith will be held on Saturday, May 1st at 2:00 PM at the community center.

4. Can I make a donation in John Smith's memory?

Yes, donations in memory of John Smith can be made to the local charity that was closest to his heart, The Community Food Bank.

5. Are there any plans to honor John Smith's memory in the community?

Yes, our community is planning to plant a tree in John Smith's memory in the community park, as he was an avid nature lover and always took care of the park's plants and trees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies