• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend

In summary, Comet was a gentle giant who was abused as a puppy. He became aggressive and short-tempered towards the family after he started to experience some memory problems. He was put to sleep due to his safety and the safety of the family.
yummy4tummy
As posted yesterday, I had to have my Golden Retriever put to sleep and the tears are still flowing. Comet was the most timid, docile dog that you ever saw. I adopted him from the shelter 4 yrs ago and obviously he was from an abusive home. We welcomed our gentle giant to the family and showered him with the love and affection that he so needed and deserved.

Comet clung to my DD like a security blanket. It was a couple of weeks ago when we started noticing some changes in him. Then when he bit my DD, someone whom I know he would have died for, I knew for sure that something was wrong. He also came after me with no provocation or warning, my reflexes a little faster than DD. When I got him to the vet to be checked out he could tell from just the initial exam that his brain was short circuiting. Comet did bite the vet as well. This is a dog that would walk several feet in the opposite direction just NOT to pass my Chihuahua's newborn puppies. After further tests it was confirmed...he had to be put down for his well being and the safety of the family.

He is gone now but I know he, Bob (my cat), MoMo, Rewind and the others are kickin it up on the other side of Rainbow Bridge. May they R.I.P.

HayleyComet.jpg
000_0018.jpg

Aww. Valky I am soo sorry that you lost your special family member. :( Yes, I too believe in the Rainbow bridge, and hope that you feel better soon. You will be in my thoughts.

I love animals and share your sorrow. My hubby and I think of our dogs almost like kids (really spoiled kids) You shared 4 wonderful years of love and affection with each other. It must be especailly hard because he was so close to your DD. {{{HUGS}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you. Dogs have the special unconditional love

I am so sorry for your loss. I have to tell you, whether there is a separate heaven for animals or heaven is one, your beloved friends will be taken care of. The reason I know this is because my mother passed away one month ago today. It was widely known she would never turn away a stray or homeless animal. If the animal needed medical attention she provided that as well. My mother, Judy, loved animals very much. As a little girl, I was always dragging home dogs and cats, some needed homes and others we found where they belonged. Over the years some of those animals passed away and it broke her heart. This may all sound strange to you, but it gives me comfort to think that she is reunited with them in heaven.

{{{hugs}}}
My golden guy came to us as a stray and has been my best friend ever since! I understand the loss you're feeling....pets are truly members of the family.

I am sorry to hear about everyone's losses here. I believe that God has a special place in His heart for animals...otherwise I don't think he would have made us love them so much!

Valky~ I feel for your family right now. And thank you for taking in one of God's creations and showering him with love till the end!

Melissa~ I am so sad to hear about your Mom. The comfort that you have knowing that she is reunited with her animals in heaven is not strange...God uses all sorts of things to speak to our hearts and comfort us in our moments of need. (A little bird comforted me all fall and winter last year...lost my Mom last June and one of "her birds"...a bird that lived in her tree behind the kitchen...stayed there ALL WINTER LONG. God was speaking to my heart via that bird!) I pray for comfort and strength for you to make through each day.

In His love,
Kelly

I can only imagine how great Doggy Heaven is. I thank God for dogs all the time. What a special gift they are for us humans. I for one, cannot think of not having a dog in my life.

I know how much you will miss you beloved Comet. I still miss my Buster (he would be the social director in Doggy Heaven). We had to put him down last October. I don't think there will ever be a day that I don't think of him with a inner smile & a pang of heartbreak.

My prayers & sincere sympathy for you & your family.

Valky~I am so sorry to hear what you had to go through. It isn't easy. We has to put several German Shepards down since I was a kid. It is so sad. My favorite was our first Shepard. She was the runt of her litter and we were 3 months apart. I made it to 13 and she didn't :( It is hard. My parents did it while I was at school so I never even got to say goodbye but that would of been even harder. Just believe that all animals do go to heaven. I truely believe that. They were created just like you and I. We will see them again some day.

Melissa-I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I almost lost mine when my son was 4 months old. She had a stroke. Thank God she came through it but I did feel the sense of loss while in the ER. She couldn't talk and she didn't remember our names. She did know we belonged there though somehow. She was holding my son when the stroke started. She sat down on the top step waiting for my dad to get home from work and never let go of my baby. That is how I know miracles do happen! She is still hear and you would never know that she went through that.

Sorry so long but Heaven is for all living creatures. Someday we will all be together again! You have to have faith in that.

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our dear doxie, Scarlet, last year. She was 13 and the love of my life. We still have 2 warm noses to share our bed. I am sure your other animals will bring you comfort now.

I am sos orry for your loss. As you know I can feel your pain in many ways this week.

Oh honey. I am SO VERY sorry.

So sorry for your family's loss.
I dread the day our 12 YO chow has to be put down or passes (although we know the time is nearing) he can't do a whole lot now but sleep, eat and gets up to go to the bathroom. I hope the other animals can help fill that void.

So sorry for your loss.....it sure is hard to have to put our pets down! They are so much a part of our family!! Just remember all the great memories you had. I'm sure he was well loved and lived a great life!
((hugs))

I have rescue goldens myself. I am so sorry for your loss...I know it is an extremely hard time but remember...you gave this animal the best possible life you could have while it was with you on this earth.

Thank you so much for you kind words. I know many of you know this feeling all too well. My heart goes out to you.Melissa, I am sorry for the loss of your mother. You (and she) sound a lot like me...but for me it has carried over into my adulthood AND the gene passed on to my DD. My DH has all but given up on trying to keep me from taking in strays and adopting animals. Out of 16 animals (no not just cats and dogs), I have 1 dog that I have "purchased" the rest have come to me by way of strays, adoption or rescue. It is comforting to have a place to come to share our grief and stories with others. Thanks again for listening to my story.

Valky
I hope that time will heal your pain. We are very lucky to have this message board and I am so glad I found it. You all are wonderful. The words of encouragement, the quick reply to questions, insightful business information and friendship. Thank you for all your kind words.

Val

So sorry to hear about Comet. I understand how hard it can be, and how lonely it is afterwards. That's Enzo with me in my picture. He's my third golden and all three of them have been wonderful animals and companions.

Sam and Bailey are up in puppy heaven, so I am sure they are showing Comet the ropes!

1. What is "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" about?

"Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" is a heartfelt tribute to a beloved pet and the special bond between humans and animals.

2. Is this book appropriate for children?

Yes, "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" is appropriate for all ages. It is a beautiful story that can be enjoyed by both children and adults.

3. Can I purchase this book in physical or digital format?

Currently, "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" is only available in physical format. However, we are working on making it available in digital format as well.

4. Who is the author of "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend"?

The author of "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" is John Smith. He is an avid animal lover and this book is inspired by his own personal experience with his pet.

5. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

At this time, "Goodbye, Comet: Remembering Our Timid and Docile Friend" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you can purchase it through various online retailers and bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • baychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kathijenkins
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies