• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Cat Search: Praying for my Good Pet's Return

In summary, my cat ran out the door this morning when I was getting the mail and I haven't seen her since then. I hurried up and put the baby in the play pen and threw my shoes on to try to corral her but by the time I got out there she was out of sight. I put some treats out on the porch and are just keeping an eye out now. When my son went down for his nap, my daughter and I went out with treats and shook the jar (usually she comes flying from anywhere when she hears that) and walked around the house and neighbors houses to see if she was anywhere to no avail. We put some treats out on the porch and are just keeping an eye out now. My
yummybytes
Silver Member
My Cat ran out the door this morning when I was getting the mail and I haven't seen her since then. I hurried up and put the baby in the play pen and threw my shoes on to try to corral her but by the time I got out there she was out of sight. Once my son went down for his nap, my daughter and I went out with treats and shook the jar (usually she comes flying from anywhere when she hears that) and walked around the house and neighbors houses to see if she was anywhere to no avail. We put some treats out on the porch and are just keeping an eye out now.

I've had her longer than my oldest child so I'm really upset. She has no front claws so I'm worried to death aobut her being out there in the big city without even a scant amount of protection.

I'm sure she's sunning herself somewhere, chasing birds and bugs, but please say a prayer that she will come back. She's my GOOD pet. When I called and told my husband his response was "Oh man. Why couldn't it of been the dog?" :/ I love our goofy dog, but my kitty is so sweet :(

Good luck and call the local shelters and police immediately so if they pick up a stray meeting her description you can be called. Did she have a collar on?

No collar -- she only stays indoors and the last time I put one on her she pawed at it so much she went bald underneath it and got a skin infection. It grew back but Vet said not to put it on her again....

.... and as I typed that goofy dog started barking out the window and guess who was out there?!?!?!!

SHE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!

I pray she will be back soon - Fur kids are very important in our household You can see pics of some of ours in the picture section of CS

yummybytes said:
No collar -- she only stays indoors and the last time I put one on her she pawed at it so much she went bald underneath it and got a skin infection. It grew back but Vet said not to put it on her again....

.... and as I typed that goofy dog started barking out the window and guess who was out there?!?!?!!

SHE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy she came home. I also have 2 indoor cats, as you can see my picture of the male cat (18 pounds)

I was outside doing some yard work and some how he open the screen door and got out!! I screamed bloody murder because my mom's dog (a Husky) went after my cat. I grab him so fast that he dug his claws into my leg. OUCH!!!

Jennifer~

I am so glad she returned home safely! I know the feeling...a couple of months ago my cat escaped and scared us for about 6 hours of being gone! (He has no front claws, either!)

yummybytes said:

SHE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my cat paws the collar off too so no collar...she's 12 1/2 and usually sticks around...

Thank goodness she's back! See all that loving you've given her has paid off, she realized she couldn't be without you just as much as you couldn't be without her :)

Awww -- you guys are so sweet :)
My sweet kitty is just fine -- I gave her a good look over and she's fine. Thank goodness :)

I'm glad she is home ok.

My littlest Scottish Terrierist saw something in the back yard he didn't like (probably a squirrel) and he went right through the screen door! I now have a Scotty sized hole in the screen that I have to have fixed.Not to mention, a set of bars about the same height as a Scotty.

1. How can I increase the chances of finding my lost cat?

The best way to increase the chances of finding your lost cat is to search your neighborhood and surrounding areas as soon as possible. This includes checking under porches, in bushes, and in any other potential hiding spots. You can also put up flyers and posters in the area with a clear picture of your cat and your contact information. Additionally, reach out to local animal shelters and post on social media to spread the word.

2. Should I offer a reward for my lost cat?

Offering a reward for your lost cat can be helpful in motivating people to keep an eye out and report any sightings. However, be cautious about the amount you offer and who you give the reward to. It's best to stick to a small amount and only give the reward directly to the person who helps you find your cat.

3. My cat is microchipped. Will this help in the search?

Yes, having your cat microchipped can greatly increase the chances of being reunited if someone finds and takes your cat to a veterinarian or animal shelter. Make sure your contact information is up to date on the microchip registration so you can be easily contacted if your cat is found.

4. What should I do if someone finds my lost cat?

If someone finds your lost cat, they may try to keep the cat or give it to someone else. It's important to have clear identification on your cat, such as a collar with your contact information, to avoid this. If your cat is found, make sure to ask for proof of ownership before releasing them to the person who found them.

5. How long should I continue to search for my lost cat?

It's important to continue searching for your lost cat for as long as you can. Cats can survive for long periods of time on their own and may eventually find their way back home. Keep checking with local animal shelters and posting on social media, as well as keeping an eye out in your neighborhood. Don't give up hope and continue to spread the word about your missing cat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • MaggieChef13