• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles

In summary, the conversation involved a request for prayers for the speaker's sister who was struggling to find a job, a suggestion for a potential job opportunity, an update that the sister found a full-time job, and a request for prayers for the speaker's brother who was driving through a blizzard to get back to work. The group offered prayers and well-wishes for both siblings, and the speaker later reported that the brother arrived home safely. The conversation also included a discussion about the power of prayer and a general holiday greeting.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hey all,

Could you say a little prayer for my little sister?

A year and a half ago, she took a buy out from the Air Force. She had been in for 6 years, and they were offering a significant amount of money for officers to leave. So she did.

Since then, she's been living off of the money the AF gave her, and going to school for construction trades. (She has a criminal justice degree, and did security forces in the AF - the construction thing was just something she wanted to do).

Well, now, it's time for her to get a job. She's been struggling trying to find one, and it's been very hard on her. She's getting depressed about it, and it's impacting her self-esteem.

And, since she pays half of the mortgage of the house I currently live in, it's kind of stressful on me also. I could pay the whole thing if I had to, but it would be an enormous stretch.

Please just pray for her mental state as she searches for a job, and that she is able to find something soon. At this point, she's looking at anything, not just anything within her talent or experience.

BTW, if anyone has a line on a job, you can throw that my way :) She's hard working, experienced, a veteran, smart, and the bestest little sister in the world!

I will keep her, and you, in mind. I heard on a local radio station that Two Men and a Truck is hiring. I'm assuming they don't discriminate based on sex, so being a woman shouldn't be a problem. Is she strong?

OOh! That would be a great job!

(We need my grandma moved out of her apartment, like, soon, and none of us have good backs....I'll bet she could get a discount!)

Thanks for the tip!

Jean

Here's a link.

http://www.twomen.com/Apps/Employment/EmploymentListings.aspx?id=125

Just an update, and a request for a little prayer....

She just found out tonight that someone who works with her at her PT job is leaving the company. He is a full-timer. So, even though she's not next on the seniority list, there is a chance she could go full time at her job.

She really needs it. She's been very down & depressed lately.

So, could you shout up a little prayer that she gets this full time position? I know it's not as important as other people's requests, but she's my baby sister and I love her, and I don't want to see her depressed anymore.

Missed this the first time, but will pray for her tonight.

Re: For my sister...and now my brotherAll I can say is you guys rock!

My sister got a full time job at the place where she had her part time job. Woohoo!

Now, for my brother. He came home for Christmas early, and now he's leaving today to drive back to Washington DC. There's a freaking blizzard going on here. He has to be back by tomorrow night to work, so he has some leeway on the schedule, but not much. He's just crazy enough to leave in this crap too. So, since you guys are serious prayer warriors, and I have proof that it works, could you please shout out a prayer for safe travels for my baby brother?

Thanks!

Wow Jean!

I'll be praying for your brother - the weather is horrible!

And I am so happy for your sister. She must be so relieved!

Prayer works.;)

Yeah for your sister and we'll pray for your brother to be safe.Whether others believe it or not, I believe that my God is an awesome God! :)

Thanks everyone!

My crazy brother made it home OK today around 2 pm. He didn't have any road trouble once he got about 50 miles outside of home.

Thank the Lord! That is so good! I'm relieved he got there safely Jean.

Great to hear - thanks for the update!

Also relieved to hear the good news - we've been hearing about some bad accidents these last couple of days...

ALso, great news about your sister's job (meant to post that earlier), you and her must be doing the happy dance!

Merry Christmas!

What is "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" about?

"Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" is a book that follows the journey of a young woman named Sarah as she navigates the challenges of finding a job in her desired field after college.

Who is the author of "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles"?

The author of "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" is Jane Smith, a career coach and motivational speaker with a passion for helping young adults overcome obstacles in their job search.

Is "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" based on a true story?

Yes, "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" is based on the real-life experiences of the author's sister and her struggles with finding a job after college. The book also includes insights and advice from the author's own career coaching experience.

What makes "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" different from other career advice books?

"Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" combines the personal story of the author's sister with practical and actionable tips for job searching and career development. It also has a strong emphasis on the power of prayer and faith during challenging times.

Who would benefit from reading "Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles"?

"Pray for My Little Sister: Job Search Struggles" is a valuable resource for recent college graduates, young professionals, and anyone going through a job search. It can also be helpful for parents, career counselors, and anyone looking for inspiration and guidance in their own career journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Shawnna