• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I catch a mouse without hurting my cat?

My spear and magic helmet!
Magic helmet?
Yes, magic helmet! And I'll give you a sam-ple!

chefann said:
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-rat-food.jpg

Seems to be a lot of that going around.

CatAndMouse.jpg

so last night I thought I sons hampster run passed to the kitchen= Only it looked like it had a tail---I called my hubby 3am to come down after checking the hamspter cage-- he was sound asleep

by 5am i went back to bed DH stayed up set a ramp and a bucket up it ran up the ramp into the bucket and the 2 of them went to the park---eek

so my DS says today---Mommy I heard a loud scream at 4am--LOL oh it was loud---all rite---

lil does he know I was standing on the chair--for over an hour--

Never had both at the same time, but since the cat is not out at night, put the traps out then because the mice ARE. And if there is evidence that they're in a cupboard, put one there. That was the only place I tended to get mine.

vwpamperedchef said:
A mouse.

Need advice cat people!! We have a cat, who sleeps with us at night and my DH just found dry cat food in his shoe!

So since my cat sleeps with us, she isn't on the "prowl" at night.

Do you put a trap out? We don't want the cat to get hurt. And we refuse to use poison, since the cat is likely to find it.

ADVICE NEEDED..........please!:D
I went to Target and bought these nice black plastic enclosed traps- all you see is their tail once they've been snapped! I LOVE them- they are quick, as clean as you can get (after all it will have a dead mouse in it) and they only require a little cheeze whiz or peanut butter in the center!

Best of luck! :) Oh, and put them along baseboards behind things, like the couch, a table, dresser- but easy enough for you to get to.

<h2>1. How can I catch a mouse without putting my cat in harm's way?</h2><p>There are a few options for catching a mouse without risking your cat's safety. One option is to use a humane mousetrap, which will trap the mouse without harming it. Another option is to use a catch-and-release trap, where you can safely release the mouse outside away from your home. Additionally, some cat owners have had success using ultrasound devices that emit high-frequency sounds that repel mice but are not harmful to cats.</p><h2>2. My cat sleeps with me at night, so she isn't hunting for mice. What can I do?</h2><p>If your cat is not actively hunting for mice, you may need to take matters into your own hands to catch the mouse. Consider setting up traps or using other methods mentioned above to catch the mouse without involving your cat.</p><h2>3. How can I prevent my cat from getting hurt by a mouse trap?</h2><p>If you are using a traditional mousetrap, make sure to place it in an area that is inaccessible to your cat, such as behind furniture or in a cabinet. You can also try using a covered trap that only allows small animals to enter, keeping your cat out of harm's way.</p><h2>4. Is it safe to use poison to catch a mouse if I have a cat in the house?</h2><p>No, it is not safe to use poison to catch a mouse if you have a cat in the house. Cats are curious animals and may accidentally consume the poison, which can be harmful or even fatal. It is best to avoid using poison altogether if you have a cat in the house.</p><h2>5. Do you have any other tips for catching a mouse without hurting my cat?</h2><p>In addition to the methods mentioned above, you can also try using natural deterrents such as peppermint oil or vinegar to repel mice. Keeping your home clean and clutter-free can also help prevent mice from entering in the first place. If the problem persists, consider seeking professional pest control services for safe and effective removal of mice.</p>

1. How can I catch a mouse without putting my cat in harm's way?

There are a few options for catching a mouse without risking your cat's safety. One option is to use a humane mousetrap, which will trap the mouse without harming it. Another option is to use a catch-and-release trap, where you can safely release the mouse outside away from your home. Additionally, some cat owners have had success using ultrasound devices that emit high-frequency sounds that repel mice but are not harmful to cats.

2. My cat sleeps with me at night, so she isn't hunting for mice. What can I do?

If your cat is not actively hunting for mice, you may need to take matters into your own hands to catch the mouse. Consider setting up traps or using other methods mentioned above to catch the mouse without involving your cat.

3. How can I prevent my cat from getting hurt by a mouse trap?

If you are using a traditional mousetrap, make sure to place it in an area that is inaccessible to your cat, such as behind furniture or in a cabinet. You can also try using a covered trap that only allows small animals to enter, keeping your cat out of harm's way.

4. Is it safe to use poison to catch a mouse if I have a cat in the house?

No, it is not safe to use poison to catch a mouse if you have a cat in the house. Cats are curious animals and may accidentally consume the poison, which can be harmful or even fatal. It is best to avoid using poison altogether if you have a cat in the house.

5. Do you have any other tips for catching a mouse without hurting my cat?

In addition to the methods mentioned above, you can also try using natural deterrents such as peppermint oil or vinegar to repel mice. Keeping your home clean and clutter-free can also help prevent mice from entering in the first place. If the problem persists, consider seeking professional pest control services for safe and effective removal of mice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies