• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How will I cope without my beloved Mom?

In summary, my mother passed away this evening, with all of us...one of her dear friends, my DB, SIL, DH, and I...by her side. It was very difficult to see her take her last breaths, but at least we all know she is no longer suffering and she is with us always now.
Make sure you keep us posted on funeral arrangements and such. I would like to pray for you and your family specifically while you are there...

Any special things you are doing at the funeral or calling hours to honor your Mom? We brought old photo albums...set up picture frames around the room of our family...picked out certain songs to play before and during the ceremony (Me, my brother, and my dad walked out to be seated at the beginning of the ceremony while "Praise you in the storm" by Casting Crowns was playing. Now, everytime I hear that song I am reminded of how God provided me with strength and an underlying peace during that whole time. I wholehartedly KNOW that God is the only reason that my brother and I got through the funeral arrangements, calling hours, and funeral without being a complete mess. God lifts you up when you need it...just call on Him!

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly, the wake is today from 4-8pm AST. I put together a poster board of pictures of Mom throughout her life. What a task that was! How do you compile 60 years of someone's life on one relatively small piece of bristol board!?! It was a nice thing for me to do, though. It was very therapeutic.

The funeral is tomorrow at 11am AST. We are playing two pieces of Andrea Bocelli. They are pieces she picked out herself. Both my brother and I will be speaking during the service. Thank you for you prayers during that time, because I sure will need to be strong!!

I am so sorry. It's so hard when you lose a parent. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Oh, honey...my heart is hurting for you. Take care of yourself.

So sorry to read about your mother passing away, Marie. My thoughts, prayers and sympathy go out to you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Marie-France - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

May you find peace in this time of sorrow.
4you.gif

My heart is sad for you and your family. You all are in my prayers.

MF, my heart aches for you and your family. Even though she is at peace and all knew her days were fading...nothing can prepare you for her passing. I have not lost my parents and thank God everyday for them. My Mom is my best friend. Growing up in a household of all men and being the youngest...she was and continues to always be there for me.

Your father's word touched me and brought tears to my eyes. So glad that you were all with her as she laid her head on God's hand. Find comfort in knowing that she went from abundent love in this life to abundent love in her eternal life with the Lord.

I can only imagine your days ahead. The exhaustion, the mixed emotions that you described and the hole in your heart. Happy times with her will help fill that gap in a little.

Many {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} and prayers for you and your family.

Marie-France
I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you this morning, that our great God gives you and your family comfort during this time. I can't even imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you're going through. Sorrow for the loss, rejoicing for there is no more pain & suffering.
We underestimate how powerful God is. Lean on Him, He's always there!
It sounds like you have lots of wonderful memories of your Mom!
((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))))):(

Just wanted to let you know that I"m sending you prayers of strength your way particularly today.

Your thoughts and prayers must have made their way here, because today was a very sad day, but at the same time, I found strength I didn't know I had. Thank you all for your love and support. :angel:

Marie-France...I am glad that the Lord gave you the strength and peace that you needed to make it through today. "The peace that surpasses all understanding" is something that you can not completely understand until you are in the middle of something like this and you feel it for yourself. I still find it comforting to think back to dealing with my Mom's death and remembering how God was there giving me exactly what I needed. He is awesome!

{{{HUGS}}} to you!
Kelly

I am so sorry about your mom. I was with my mom when she died. I had to tell her it was ok to let go that my dad was waiting for her, and a few minutes later she was gone. I miss her so very much, we were not only mother and daughter but best friends. It will be 3 years on the 30th of this month. I am praying for you and your family. And do find strengh that she is not suffering any longer.

Deb.

I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I think of my beautiful Mom everyday and it was 8 years ago on March 10th. Treasure your memories and know that she is now your guardian angel.

<h2>1. How will I cope without my beloved Mom?</h2><p>Losing a loved one is never easy, and coping with the loss of your mother can feel overwhelming. It's important to remember that everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace. Give yourself time to process your emotions and seek support from friends and family. It's also beneficial to seek out a grief counselor or support group to help you navigate this difficult time.</p><h2>2. What are some ways to honor my Mom's memory?</h2><p>There are many ways to honor your Mom's memory, and it's important to choose what feels right for you. Some ideas include creating a memory book or photo album, planting a tree or flower in her memory, participating in a charity event or cause that was important to her, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others.</p><h2>3. How can I deal with the feelings of emptiness and sadness?</h2><p>Grieving the loss of a loved one is a process and it's normal to feel a range of emotions, including emptiness and sadness. Allow yourself to feel these emotions, but also try to find healthy outlets for expressing them, such as journaling or talking to a trusted friend or family member. It's also important to take care of yourself during this time by eating well, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you comfort and peace.</p><h2>4. Will life ever feel normal again?</h2><p>Losing a loved one can feel like your entire world has been turned upside down, and it's normal to wonder if things will ever feel normal again. The truth is, life will never be the same without your Mom. However, over time, you will learn to adjust to this new normal and find ways to honor her memory while also finding joy and fulfillment in your own life.</p><h2>5. How can I keep my Mom's memory alive?</h2><p>Keeping your Mom's memory alive is a beautiful way to honor her and ensure she will never be forgotten. Some ideas include creating a memory box with items that remind you of her, making a donation to a charity in her name, incorporating her favorite recipes or traditions into your life, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others. You can also find comfort in knowing that she will always be with you in your heart and memories.</p>

1. How will I cope without my beloved Mom?

Losing a loved one is never easy, and coping with the loss of your mother can feel overwhelming. It's important to remember that everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace. Give yourself time to process your emotions and seek support from friends and family. It's also beneficial to seek out a grief counselor or support group to help you navigate this difficult time.

2. What are some ways to honor my Mom's memory?

There are many ways to honor your Mom's memory, and it's important to choose what feels right for you. Some ideas include creating a memory book or photo album, planting a tree or flower in her memory, participating in a charity event or cause that was important to her, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others.

3. How can I deal with the feelings of emptiness and sadness?

Grieving the loss of a loved one is a process and it's normal to feel a range of emotions, including emptiness and sadness. Allow yourself to feel these emotions, but also try to find healthy outlets for expressing them, such as journaling or talking to a trusted friend or family member. It's also important to take care of yourself during this time by eating well, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you comfort and peace.

4. Will life ever feel normal again?

Losing a loved one can feel like your entire world has been turned upside down, and it's normal to wonder if things will ever feel normal again. The truth is, life will never be the same without your Mom. However, over time, you will learn to adjust to this new normal and find ways to honor her memory while also finding joy and fulfillment in your own life.

5. How can I keep my Mom's memory alive?

Keeping your Mom's memory alive is a beautiful way to honor her and ensure she will never be forgotten. Some ideas include creating a memory box with items that remind you of her, making a donation to a charity in her name, incorporating her favorite recipes or traditions into your life, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others. You can also find comfort in knowing that she will always be with you in your heart and memories.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • wadesgirl