• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Mom, Please......

In summary, the conversation revolves around Marie's mother who has been battling ovarian cancer for almost 2 years. Despite going through 4 different treatments, none have been successful and the latest one has also failed. The doctor has given her 12 to 18 months to live. Marie's mother has maintained a positive attitude throughout her illness and her family is struggling to come to terms with the situation. They are relying on their faith and prayers for a miracle. The other members of the conversation offer their condolences and support, while also sharing their own experiences with illness and loss.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
My Mom was struck with ovarian cancer almost 2 years ago and had a complete hysterectomy. She has since gone through 4 different treatments, without any success. The latest was a pill she was taking and this was the last treatment they could try. They had run out of options.

Well, turns out this treatment isn't working either...... :( :( :( This past July, the doctor gave her 12 to 18 months. Now that there is no more treatment...................:cry:

She just turned 60 in November. Her spirits are great. They have been from day 1, which is why I think she made it this far. I don't know how to feel or what to think. It's very surreal to me.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
So sorry....my prayers are with you and your family. It is such a hard road to walk. Enjoy every moment you have, and never stop praying and hoping.((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

So sorryI am so sorry Marie. I wouldn't know how to deal with that type of situation with my mother. I would like to think that God would give me the grace and strength needed to go through anything, but until you actually get to something like that in your life, you don't know how devastating it is. I will keep you and your mother in prayer as well as your family.
God is the great physician, Christ healed the multitudes, praying for a miracle. Our church recently laid hands and prayed for one of our pastors who had glaucoma in his eyes. Well thanks to the Lord's mercy and loving hand, he is completely healed!!!

Debbie :D

Father God, in the midst of all unknowns... YOU are KNOWN and YOU ARE our all in all. I pray that you will envelope this family with your love and your courage and your strength. You are holding them each in the palm of your hand and you know the strength that you will be supplying each of them with for both the immediate and long term future. Please show them your power and love and most especially your peace. Hold them close and grant them your Spirit's calming comfort. Amen

Marie - I lost my father 2 years ago to a sudden rare illness. He stayed in great spirits too! So glad for that. He was 69. I will be praying as you go through this difficult time.

DebbieSAChef said:
I am so sorry Marie. I wouldn't know how to deal with that type of situation with my mother. I would like to think that God would give me the grace and strength needed to go through anything, but until you actually get to something like that in your life, you don't know how devastating it is. I will keep you and your mother in prayer as well as your family.
God is the great physician, Christ healed the multitudes, praying for a miracle. Our church recently laid hands and prayed for one of our pastors who had glaucoma in his eyes. Well thanks to the Lord's mercy and loving hand, he is completely healed!!!

Debbie :D
I agree with Debbie's whole post! I will pray for you and your Mom! My heart goes out to you! :angel: Just remember that Nothing is impossible for God. Your Mother's wonderful attitude and spirit is what's been working so far, just keep confessing life over her, and have her do the same! That she is healed, in Jesus' name! Amen! As I said before it is not impossible with God and all hope is not lost! Dr. Jesus' Word is what is true!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry! Be her dream maker...what she dreams of doing now. My prayers are with her, you and the rest of the family.

Can't put it any better than what's already been said, but take care of yourself too! (((Hugs))) to you & enjoy every moment you have.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

I'm so sorry. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

PRAYING for you and your family!!

I am so sorry for what you, your mom and the rest of your family are facing. You're in my prayers!

I am so sorry about your mom. You all will be in my prayers. :(

ThanksYou guys are so awesome! Thanks for all your prayers and your thoughts. You are all definitely part of my extended family and it makes me soooo glad to have joined PC!

Here's a big group hug to all ......

Your family is in my prayers as well.

I'll say my prayers for her. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

My own Mother has Parkinson's disease and has not been doing very well for last couple of years. Now she is starting to lose it mentally. It's really hard to live with some days. The slope down hill is so sad.

I hope you get some better news.

Marie - big hugs to you!!!! Please know that your mom and family are in my prayers and will continue to be.

I am so sorry... i will keep you and your family in my prayers!!! :)

Update on Mom.

She had a permanent drain put in yesterday. They have been draining fluid from her abdomen for the past 6 months or so. She actually had it done 14 times and now they decided to put a permanent one in, that way, she'll be more comfortable and won't have to put up with the bloating.

She got pretty weak from the operation, but is home recovering nicely. She's very good at not pushing herself....thank God! One less thing to worry about. She'll be fine by the weekend, I'm sure!

Thank you everyone for all your prayers. You are all great friends, even if we've never met! :) :angel:

Glad to hear she can drain when she needs...that will at least give her a little comfort in all of this.

Update on my Mom........She was moved into palliative care yesterday. Her tumours are growing. She had a bad weekend this past week with a lot of pain/dizziness. And, of course, didn't tell my brother and I! :rolleyes: That's Mom for ya! Wouldn't want to "burden" us!

Anyway, I am glad she is being well taken care of. The doctors and nurses there are angels! :angel: They are so good to their patients and their families.

Please, keep her in your prayers.....

I am keeping you and your Mom in my prayers. I lost my mom a few years ago, and I still miss her every day.Enjoy your time with her, and I am praying for both of you!

Marie, I am so sorry. I really liked the suggestion of being her dreammaker!

I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers!

Marie...somehow I missed this thread entirely before! I am sorry!

Are you close enough (distance wise) to be able to visit and spend time with her? I wish I would have had a little bit of advanced notice before I lost my Mom. She knew how much I loved her and how much of a friend she was to me, but there are always more things that we think of that we wish we would have said or done. Tell her all those things! Go laugh and have fun! Eat off the fine china! Tell her to wear her new undies!

I pray that God would heal your Mom, and if that's not His will, that He allows her to enjoy her time here with family and friends.

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family!

Marie,
I'm not going to try to understand what its like to have a mom with cancer. However, my mom is 48 years old and has been diagnosed with a very crippling disease. She has MS and its the most progressive kind. Within 2 yrs of the diagnosis, she was restrained to a wheelchair and diagnosed with Alzhiemer's, as well as having several organs shutting down. My mom is on her last few breaths as I try my hardest to be there with her and help her through it all. My point being, even though your mom is in good spirits, do your best to be positive and encourage her as much as possible. You'd be surprised what encouraging words can do for the both of you. Spend every moment you can with her and cherish every moment and memory. I'm doing all I can right now to figure out how I feel in all of this as well. I'm sort of numb to the whole idea and its been more than 2 years for me.
I guess my words of comfort would be this: God knows what He's doing and all things work together for the good to them that love him. (Romans 8:28, paraphrased). I know its tough for you right now, but God will get you and your family through it all. Blessings, love and prayers to your mom and you.

Much love,
Amanda

Prayers and hugs coming your way!

I will be praying for you and your family. It seems as though there are lots of people suffering these days. Just remember the Lord will not put more on you than you can handle. Hang in there!

Many prayers for your Mom, you and the rest of the family and dear friends...take care!

Thanks you guys. Yes, Kelly, my Mom is close by. I will be visiting everyday!! She told me yesterday that I shouldn't feel like I have to, because she knows I have a life. Needless to say, I'm not listening to her!! LOL

She's been eating very well since she's been in. I guess her stress level has diminished tremendously. They are adjusting her medications and regulating her pain, which is a big worry off her shoulders....and mine!

Thanks again for all your prayers and positive thoughts. I love this extended family! :)

1. What is "Prayers for My Mom, Please......"?

"Prayers for My Mom, Please......" is a collection of heartfelt prayers and reflections to uplift and support mothers in their journey of motherhood.

2. Who can benefit from "Prayers for My Mom, Please......"?

Anyone who has a mother, is a mother, or knows a mother can benefit from the prayers and messages in "Prayers for My Mom, Please......".

3. Are the prayers in "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" specific to a certain religion?

No, the prayers in "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" are general and can be used by individuals of any religious or spiritual background.

4. Can I personalize the prayers in "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" for my own mother?

Yes, "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" is meant to be personalized and can be adapted to fit the specific needs and relationship of each individual with their mother.

5. Is "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" available in different formats?

Yes, "Prayers for My Mom, Please......" is available in both physical and digital formats, making it accessible for anyone to use and share with their loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
nikked
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46