• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pray for Rachel & Her Mom During this Difficult Time

We just lost my aunt this week to Pancreatic Cancer. The prayer service is tomorrow and funeral Thursday. The last week was really bad so it's good that she is not suffering anymore, but it's never easy to say goodbye!
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Please pray for my friend Rachel. She just dropped off two of her kids at my house to go spend time with her mom who is dying. Her mom just recently went into hospice care after a long battle with cancer. The hospice nurses just called to say that the end is very near. She has very rapidly declined over the last week or so, but it only recently that it was very apparent that treatments should be discontinued, so this is still a fresh adjustment for them that they are really losing her.

Her Mom is a Christian, and they know she is going to a better place to be with her Lord and Saviour, but this is still so hard for them... I can only imagine how hard it must be to have to say that final goodbye.

So please pray for all of them at this time. Thanks.

So so hard. I will be praying for peace and comfort for the family today.

Oh boy...I know all too well what she is going through. I'll be praying for her and her family.

And, as hard as it is, I hope she is there when her Mom takes her last breath...I was when my Mom did and it felt good to know that all who loved her were there with her. It's sooooo hard, but your friend will get through this.

Even when we know it's best, it's difficult. I'll be praying.

We had this in my Dad's memorial service brochures...it still makes me cry today:God saw you were getting tired
and it was not meant to be.
So he put his arms around you
and whispered "come to me"
With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
he only takes the best!

So sad, I'll be praying for their family.

May God put his loving arms around her mom and her family during this time. My prayers and condolences.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I know she will appreciate it. I know it breaks her heart that her mom won't see her kids grow up, and the youngest 2 (2 1/2 yr old twins) won't remember her).

Also, if you get a chance, please pray for a family at my B and SIL's church. The dad collapsed and died in the sanctuary just before the Thanksgiving service. He had teenage kids (one of whom was there when it happened), I think he was only 53. They got help and went on with the service, but had to announce at the end that he had not made it. It made for a mixed Thanksgiving. What a reminder to be thankful for what we have, but boy what a loss and a hard day for that family...

So just a reminder to give your family those hugs and "I love you"s. I have to admit that it scares me hearing of all these people losing loved ones...

Don't underestimate what a 2 1/2 year old will remember! My son was 2 yrs. 1 month when my Dad died. He is just about to turn 5 and talks about Grandpa a lot and things Grandpa did with him. I personally remember some distinct things from when I was 2 1/2. They might remember!

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. We just lost my aunt this week to Pancreatic Cancer. The prayer service is tomorrow and funeral Thursday. The last week was really bad so it's good that she is not suffering anymore, but it's never easy to say goodbye!

Janet--thanks for posting that poem! I think I'll post that on my aunts caringbridge site... It's just so fitting!

I agree Janet. My DS was 1 year 10 months when my beloved Mawmaw died last March. He still remembers her and kisses her picture at my mom's house.

janetupnorth said:
Don't underestimate what a 2 1/2 year old will remember! My son was 2 yrs. 1 month when my Dad died. He is just about to turn 5 and talks about Grandpa a lot and things Grandpa did with him. I personally remember some distinct things from when I was 2 1/2. They might remember!

Prayers for Racheal and her family. I hope they find the comfort they need.

1. How can we pray for Rachel and her mom during this difficult time?

We are asking for prayers for strength, healing, and comfort for Rachel and her mom as they navigate this challenging situation.

2. Is there a specific prayer request for Rachel and her mom?

Yes, please pray for successful treatment and a full recovery for Rachel's mom, as well as peace and support for Rachel as she supports her mom.

3. Can we send cards or gifts to Rachel and her mom?

While we appreciate the thought, please refrain from sending any physical gifts or cards at this time. Your prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

4. Can we share this prayer request with others?

Yes, please feel free to share this prayer request with your friends, family, and church community. The more prayers, the better!

5. Are there any updates on Rachel and her mom's situation?

We will be sure to update everyone as we receive new information. In the meantime, please continue to keep Rachel and her mom in your thoughts and prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • Chef Michelle D