• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Tribute to My Mom: Never Ready for Goodbye

In summary, Melissa's Mom passed on Tuesday evening after a long battle with COPD. Melissa is bringing her second child into the world on October 8th, the same day her Mom would have been 40 years old. Melissa is grateful for the time she had with her Mom, but is grieving the loss of her.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
My Mom passed on Tuesday evening. She has suffered from COPD for the past 10 years or so.

No matter what though, you are never ready to lose your Mom. Not to mention that my family had to make the choice to put her/take her off of life support 3 times. 1 time is 1 time too many, if you catch my drift. What an exhausting past week.

I am not sure how the next few weeks are going to be for me. I am bringing my second child into the world on October 8th, my first Son. What a bitter sweet time it will be for my family. My Mother LOVED her grandkids and she was so excited for the new baby. I know she was really holding on in hopes to meet him. But she will not.

I would really appreciate some prayers at this time.

Thank you so much!

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear that. I lost my Mom last year when she had a sudden heart attack. No you are never ready to lose your mom. It does get easier over time though. Then you just remember the good things. I will be praying for you!

I lost my dad almost 3 years ago...there are still times when I want to call and tell him something. Hang in there, take time to grieve, spend time with your family, do what you need to do. ...and enjoy that new baby thoroughly when he comes. Teach him all about Grandma as he grows up.Hugs to you!!!!

Please know Melissa I know exactly how you feel. Loosing a parent is very difficult, but a part of life. Prayers for you and your family for comfort and consoling during your time of loss.

As for your second child it is amazing how God works. Even through death you see life. For all things have a place and time. Know prayers are for you and yours daily.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Melissa, I am crushed for you. My pregnancy this time is bittersweet for me, too...since my Mom passed away two years ago this June. It just makes my heart so sad to think that Evan (3) won't remember her...and my new baby will never know her.

Prayers that the Lord will comfort and keep you during this time. He will help you make it one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

I am so sorry for you, wish I was there to cry with you!
{{{HUGS}}}

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad suddenly 2 years ago in August and still miss him terribly! Take care of your self and that little one inside and no know that there is a special angel watching over you and your family! God Bless!

Melissa, I too am in this unfortuante club. My Mom passed away 3 years ago after routine surgery. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Sometimes it can seem like it hurts to breathe and I have to tell myself the last thing she would want me to be is miserable. No one can tell you how to feel, how to heal or what to do and we all hold onto to our own ways of living without a dear loved one. Funny that I feel like I'm closest to her when I'm flying in a plane, how silly am I??
I feel bad because my Mom will never know my Grandchildren and then I see all of you grieving that your parents did not know your own kids, so I feel grateful that my kids knew and loved her and she loved them too.
God bless and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Melissa, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. You will be in my prayers.

Melissa, you and your family are in my prayers. As a Grandma,
I can appreciate your sadness as the timing. Maybe there is a way to honor her
by including her maiden name as the middle name of your son. Keep us posted on
his safe delivery.

My prayers are with you too. I am in this club too.

I was a nurse in my past life and dealt with a lot of death. Nothing prepares you for the loss of a parent no matter your age. I still grieve for my dad after 15 years and then my mother 3 years ago.

Take care of you and give your new baby extra hugs for her. Think of her as his guardian angel.

I am so sorry for you and your family.
Praying for strength and comfort for you.

I am very sadden to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself.

More thoughts and prayers for you, I agree with everything said before me... tell your baby all about Grandma. I find that when I want to reach for the phone and call mom to tell her something I just say it out loud to her anyway because I know she is listening.

Aww, thanks to all you of. Your words are very comforting.

You are in my Prayers! I lost my Mom 6 weeks after my DD was born. My Mom was a brittle Diabetic,who had many small strokes. I had to make the decision to put her in a nursing home when she was only 68 years old! She was there for almost 4 years, and when she passed, a lot of people said to me " you must have been expecting this". I knew they meant well, but that's when I realized, that wasn't what I was expecting, what I was expecting was the Miracle!!! Deep down, I was expecting her to somehow get better! So, I understand your pain, and I will tell you, for me, it took me about 3 years to get use to her being gone, you never stop missing them, you just get use to a different life.

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine what you are going through! HUGS to you!!

I am so sorry, I understand in a small way what you are going thru, we lost my grandpa and I had to watch my mom say goodbye to her dad. I will be praying for you. Also for a safe easy delivery and a happy healthy baby.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I will be praying for you.

I am so sorry Melissa, I can't imagine what you are going through.
Thoughts and prayers.

My heart is breaking for you... Many Prayers for your loss and more prayers for your future little one.....

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our family will be praying for you and your family. God bless you.

Debbie :D

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories comfort you.

I am so sorry... I feel your pain so much! My mom died when my DD was 14 so she never knew the wonderful young lady she became. We have pictures of "Maw" and my 2 yo grandson carries one around in a frame. I tell him Maw is in Heaven with Jesus. I tell him all about her. My precious granddaughter has my Mom's name, Aileen, as her middle name. My Mom has been gone now over 11 years and I still want to tell her all about Josiah and Maggi. I really believe God gives those in Heaven "windows" here and they can see the happy times. My dad died when I was 5-1/2 months pregnant with my DD. He was very ill with Alzheimer's and multiple massive strokes, but we still weren't ready! May God comfort you. Keep traditions alive that your Mom had. That helps to ease the pain!

Oh I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. As a fellow preggo I know that everything is harder emotionally when you are pregnant, and this would be hard enough on it's own. Hang in there and enjoy your new little one enough for both of you.

{{{{Melissa}}}} ~ may your fond memories keep her spirit alive within you.

PS: Good luck with your new little bundle too!

Melissa, I will certainly lift your entire family up in prayer! You just hold on tight to that little one inside of you! And tell him just how wonderful a person his Grandma was...

I'm so very sorry for your loss, too. I've lost a parent, and it is not easy to go through.

Oh, Melissa -- I am so, so very sorry. My heart aches for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

So sorry to hear of your news. Take care of yourself these next coming days/weeks ahead. ((HUGS))

So sorry Melissa:( Take it easy the next couple weeks, and I'm sure your little bundle of joy will be just what you need to lift your spirits.

So sorry for your lost. Sending prayers your way.

Oh Melissa.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come.

Melissa;

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Melissa,

I am so sorry for your loss, my dad died almost 8 years ago. My DS was born on his birthday and my dad died 10 days before my DS second birthday.

My mom has been having health problems she also has COPD and she has been having problems breathing and has been using oxygen 24 hours aday for the last few weeks.

I loved the fact that my DS and dad had the same birthday but after my dad died it's a hard time of year for me but also a happy one.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that those words don't make it any easier. Please try to keep her memories alive for your little one. May God bless you in your upcoming delivery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my mom 11 years ago my twins were only 3 months old. It was a very difficult time, reach out for support and remember that others are there to help you through this time.

Oh Melissa, I so feel for you!! :( I lost my mom in the spring, and like you say, you are never ready to lose your mom. My prayers are with you.

((((HUGS))))

Oh, Melissa, I"m so sorry to hear that. ((((HUGS)))) I hope you can enjoy the memories you do have with her while you welcome the new addition to your family. Take care of yourself!

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and words of support. :) In addition to having a baby to help take my mind off of it. I am really trying to work my business to keep me going.

Melissa, someone said to me when my Mom died years ago, that when you lose your Mom, it doesn't matter how old you are, but you still feel like a lost little girl. You are in my thoughts. Know that you are not alone, and that your Mom is still with you, even though you can't see her anymore.

1. How do I cope with the loss of my mom?

Losing a loved one is never easy, especially a parent. It's important to allow yourself to grieve and feel all of your emotions. Surround yourself with supportive family and friends and don't be afraid to seek professional help if needed. Remember to take care of yourself and allow yourself time to heal.

2. How can I honor my mom's memory?

There are many ways to honor your mom's memory. You could create a scrapbook or photo album, plant a tree or garden in her name, donate to a charity she was passionate about, or even start a tradition in her honor. Find something that feels meaningful to you and your family.

3. How can I support my family during this difficult time?

Everyone deals with grief differently, so it's important to be understanding and patient with each other. Offer emotional support, help with practical tasks, and listen without judgment. Make sure to communicate openly and be there for each other.

4. How do I handle the upcoming birth of my child without my mom?

It's natural to feel a mix of emotions during this time. Allow yourself to feel both joy and sadness. Remember that your mom will always be a part of your life and your child's life, even if she's not physically here. Consider finding a special way to honor her during the birth, such as using her name as a middle name or wearing something of hers.

5. Where can I find support during this difficult time?

There are many resources available for grief support, including support groups, therapy, and online communities. Reach out to friends and family for support, and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Remember that you are not alone and it's okay to lean on others during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • ChefBeckyD