• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send a Prayer for My Mom in Need

In summary, Crystal's stepmom is going through a tough time with her divorce and her husband informing her last night that their marriage is over. She has Crystal to help her through this tough time and is grateful for it.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
If you could, send a special prayer up for my mom. Her husband (not my dad) told her last night that their marriage was over & that he wasn't willing to try.

They have been through counseling before & while they were having trouble this time, she thought that they were going to work on it. I'm going today to help her look for a place & start packing.

Thanks.

Prayers and thoughts sent your way Crystal...

crystalscookingnow said:
If you could, send a special prayer up for my mom. Her husband (not my dad) told her last night that their marriage was over & that he wasn't willing to try.

They have been through counseling before & while they were having trouble this time, she thought that they were going to work on it. I'm going today to help her look for a place & start packing.

Thanks.
I swear some people just have no tact, is he that insensitive that he just had to do tell her this on Valentines Day?! He seems like a selfish jerk!
Sorry.... I didn't mean to go off, but that's just wrong!
I will pray for your Mom and for you so that you will have the right words and comfort for her!:angel:

Oh that's so sad.:( I'm sorry for your mom having to go through this. That's nice that she has you to help her through this hard time.

Crystal,
I'm so sorry for your Mom:( I will definately pray for you & your Mom~good luck finding a place for her!

Thanks guys. He is quite selfish & thinks very highly of himself. :yuck:

What's really sad is that he is a member of the clergy so you would think he'd be more willing to work on a marriage. Granted, my mom has a few things that she could change, but she doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Makes me sad.

I'm still at home waiting for my MIL to get home to watch the kids for me. I don't feel like trying to do all this stuff for mom with a 2 & 3 year old in tow. She will also need to find a different job b/c the one she has now doesn't include any benefits or pay very well. You can't live on 15,000 a year. :( I know that she's going to want a place that takes pets b/c she has a dog that she loves dearly.

Thanks again for keeping us in your prayers. We're gonna need them.

crystalscookingnow said:
Thanks guys. He is quite selfish & thinks very highly of himself. :yuck:

What's really sad is that he is a member of the clergy so you would think he'd be more willing to work on a marriage. Granted, my mom has a few things that she could change, but she doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Makes me sad.

I'm still at home waiting for my MIL to get home to watch the kids for me. I don't feel like trying to do all this stuff for mom with a 2 & 3 year old in tow. She will also need to find a different job b/c the one she has now doesn't include any benefits or pay very well. You can't live on 15,000 a year. :( I know that she's going to want a place that takes pets b/c she has a dog that she loves dearly.

Thanks again for keeping us in your prayers. We're gonna need them.

Maybe she can do PC on the side to help out a bit too?

Sending up lots of prayers and hugs for both of you. My stepmom went thru this awhile back. My father had a side family we never new about. Told her that her 3 step kids would just ignore her. She had a serious breakdown but boy was he wrong. Once the kids had a few choice words to him he backed off. They divorced and he married the other woman but My stepmom is still mom. We have to talk at least once everyfew days. Its amazing how close we've gotten not that I'm a grown up. Its good that you are there for her.

This is just so sad! Thankfully your mom has you! Do you have any other siblings to share in this task? I am sure it will take a toll on you as well.

Love and prayers to you and your mom. {{hugs}}

Crystal,

I'm sorry to hear your mom's going through this. Prayers and thoughts are headed your way!

janetupnorth said:
Maybe she can do PC on the side to help out a bit too?
She's a consultant already. She gave it a try but it's just not her cup of tea & that's ok. :)

We're going to look at a place for her to rent in the town that I live in. It's about 35-40 minutes from her work, but it will let her have her dog. The towns close to her just have waiting lists for places right now. I really think that she's meant to move closer to us. I do have a brother but he's not available right now. He's an EMT on 24 hr shifts. He's working today for someone, has a test for a new job tomorrow AM & then has to go in to work tomorrow when he's done with his test.

I'll be ok. My MIL is keeping my kids tonight so that DH & I can help mom pack. My DH is awesome too. I know that he's right there by my side for everything. :)

On top of all this though, I did get a call from my doc today regarding some tests I had done Monday. I'm going to have to have surgery again pretty soon which is really going to put a damper on my full show schedule I have booked through MAY!

crystalscookingnow said:
We're going to look at a place for her to rent in the town that I live in. It's about 35-40 minutes from her work, but it will let her have her dog. The towns close to her just have waiting lists for places right now. I really think that she's meant to move closer to us. I do have a brother but he's not available right now. He's an EMT on 24 hr shifts. He's working today for someone, has a test for a new job tomorrow AM & then has to go in to work tomorrow when he's done with his test.

I'll be ok. My MIL is keeping my kids tonight so that DH & I can help mom pack. My DH is awesome too. I know that he's right there by my side for everything. :)

On top of all this though, I did get a call from my doc today regarding some tests I had done Monday. I'm going to have to have surgery again pretty soon which is really going to put a damper on my full show schedule I have booked through MAY!

Yuck! What are you having surgery for?

Oh your poor Mom. How terrible for her!! Hope all goes well with finding her a place to stay and your surgery as well.

Back in September I had an endometrial ablation done. It was to stop heavy bleeding & also had a procedure done for endometriosis. Everything was great until about 3 weeks ago. I've had constant cramping since then. My doc thinks that a spot didn't get taken care of with the ablation & is bleeding again. Unfortunately, there was enough scar tissue created that the blood can't get out. Thus the cramping & pain again.

My two options are a D & C to hopefully open things up to allow the blood to get out or have a partial hysterectomy. Not sure which I'm going to do yet. Neither sound very fun!

Related to Send a Prayer for My Mom in Need

1. How does the "Send a Prayer for My Mom in Need" program work?

The program allows customers to send prayers and well wishes to a mother in need through the purchase of a special Pampered Chef product. For every product sold, Pampered Chef will donate a portion of the proceeds to a chosen charity that supports mothers and their families.

2. Can I choose which charity my purchase will support?

Yes, Pampered Chef partners with multiple charities that support mothers in need. Customers can choose which charity they would like to support at the time of purchase.

3. Is there a limit to how many prayers I can send?

No, there is no limit to the number of prayers you can send. We encourage customers to send as many prayers and well wishes as they would like to show their support.

4. Will the recipient of the prayers know who they are from?

Yes, there is an option to include a personalized message with your prayer. The recipient will be able to see your name and message when they receive the prayers.

5. Can I send a prayer for a specific mother in need?

At this time, the program is not set up to send prayers to a specific mother in need. However, Pampered Chef is constantly looking for ways to expand and improve the program, so stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies