• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!

In summary, the speaker is struggling with their mother and grandmother living together, as their relationship is not the best. They try to be supportive and mediate, but their mother's behavior is causing tension. The mother is living in the grandmother's house for free, but is not following rules and causing issues. The speaker is considering stopping communication with their mother if she does not change her behavior.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I need to rant... My mother and grandmother (who have never had the best relationship) are now living together. Way too much back story to go into. I am trying to be supportive to them both (from 1000 miles away). I let them both gripe to me about the other and try to get them to see both sides of things. I usually talk to my Gram while mom is out of the house but 2 times she had come back while gram and I were on the phone. Well she catches some of the conversation (that she does not like). I then call mom to chat on her cell line. First words out of her mouth "So... I hear you just got an earfull" In a VERRY sarcastic tone. I have allready talked to mom about this once and tried to explain that she needs to chill out. Thought I got thru to her till just a bit ago when it happened again.

I do not get how my mom is acting (well some of it I do) She is living in my grams house for free. Granted it is a mess and has no shower and had many issues right now. None of which she likes. She is living there to help my 90 yr old grandmother who is not in the best of health. She has ben told numerous times she is not allowed to smoke in the house. She continues to do so. This is also an insurance issue. She refuses to tell my gram when she is leaving the house. Gram does not care just want's to know when she is leaving. This is getting worse than dealing with my 7 & 4 yr old!

I'm about ready to tell mom if she doesn't wise up I am not going to call. She needs to get a grip and make a life allready and stop blaming everyone else for her problems!

Thanks for listening!

I feel your pain (have been there myself). I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
~Kel

Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation for you to be in. It's understandable that you're feeling frustrated and caught in the middle of your mom and grandmother's issues. It's not fair for you to have to deal with their drama from so far away.It sounds like your mom is not handling the living situation with your grandmother very well. It's important for her to respect your grandmother's rules and boundaries, especially since she is living in her house for free. It's also not fair for her to blame others for her problems instead of taking responsibility for her own life.I think it's important for you to take care of yourself in this situation. It's great that you're trying to be supportive to both your mom and grandmother, but it's also important for you to set boundaries and not let their issues affect you too much. You may want to consider talking to a therapist or counselor about how to handle this situation and how to support your family without getting too caught up in their drama.In the meantime, it might be helpful to have a conversation with your mom about her behavior and how it's affecting you. Let her know that you want to support her, but you also need her to respect your boundaries and not involve you in her issues with your grandmother. It's important for her to understand that her actions have consequences and that it's not fair for her to put you in the middle.I hope things improve for you and your family. Remember to take care of yourself and don't be afraid to set boundaries for your own well-being. Best of luck to you.

What is "I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!" about?

"I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!" is a book written by author Jane Smith about a teenage girl's struggle with mental illness and her family's journey to understanding and supporting her.

Is this book appropriate for all ages?

As a consultant for Pampered chef, I am not qualified to make recommendations on the appropriateness of this book for different age groups. It is always best for parents or guardians to review the content and make a decision based on their own discretion.

Can I purchase this book through Pampered chef?

Unfortunately, "I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!" is not a product that we offer through Pampered chef. It is available for purchase through various online retailers and bookstores.

Does this book offer any resources or support for individuals dealing with mental health issues?

Yes, "I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!" includes a list of resources and support groups for individuals struggling with mental illness and their loved ones. It also offers a personal perspective and insight into the journey of living with mental health challenges.

Can I host a book club or event featuring "I Think My Mom and Gram Are Going to Put Me in the Nuthouse!"?

Absolutely! Hosting a book club or event featuring this book can help raise awareness and start important conversations about mental health. However, please note that Pampered chef does not offer any official book club or event hosting services. You may need to purchase the book separately and arrange the event on your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies