• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for Decisions Concerning My Mom.

In summary, my Mom is in danger of being placed in a nursing home, and my SIL is not taking care of her properly.
Becky, you, your mom, and the rest of your family are in my prayers.

Hugs to you again Becky.

Thanks everyone!

I have some more shopping to do today. Everything took longer yesterday, as we found out all kinds of NOT GOOD things that had been going on with my Mom's finances. This is going to be very tough for my whole family, because of things my brother and SIL have done. My older brother and I thought that we could at least trust them to be good to Mom, but we were wrong.

So - I have to go to Best Buy today to look for a TV (thanks Rhonda!) and look for some more lounge wear for my mom.

I'm tired today, couldn't sleep well last night with so much going through my brain. Spent part of the night up praying. I need to spend some time today with my little guy, without the phone ringing (I'm turning off the landline and cell for a while today). He has been such a good little guy while I deal with all of this, and I want to just spend some time snuggling and reading and looking at his train catalog with him.

Oh Becky, I'm sorry to hear about the financial stuff. I know it is hard enough dealing with your Mom and the move, without having to deal with extra family stresses with your B and SIL... I do pray that your relationships with them will be mended and strengthened, even as you have to deal with this, and the loss of trust. It makes me so sad to hear of broken relationships within families (I also have issues in mine that I wish I could fix, so I guess that plays into it...).

Anyway, I will be praying for a restful day for you, with lots of fun with Micah, and that you can have a break from thinking about and dealing with the other stuff. Oh, and that your shopping at Best Buy will be quick, straighforward and stress-free!

Hugs to both of you!

Annabel

So sorry to hear this Becky!

Enjoy your time with Micah today. btw - Jacob has train catalogs too - we had to punch holes in one and put it in a binder b/c it fell apart. He loves looking at them.

Becky, I hope you and your family can resolve the issues with your mom's finances and your brother. That's such a hard situation to be in. And you're absolutely correct - why wouldn't you trust a close family member to do the right thing?You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers until this gets cleared up and settled.

Becky - just caught up yesterday and today. I too am extremely busy right now, but wanted to remind you that we love you and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.I pray that things get worked out for the best.Enjoy what time you can with your mom. If you get her on a good day, you can maybe draw out some wonderful stories of the past that you may have never heard!!!!

Becky, I just saw your thread and I'm so sorry about the situation you and your family are in. Having to put one of your parents in a home is a difficult decision, especially your mom! My grandmother had Alzheimers and my mom and her siblings tried to let her stay in her home as long as possible because that's where she was the happiest, but eventually they had to place her because she was a danger to herself. I know it is the hardest thing you've ever had to do. I'm sure that when you left home and moved on with your life it was very hard on your mother, but she knew it was the best thing for you, so in a way this is her turn. Does that make sense? I know it's not much comfort now, but at least you know she will be taken care of and have your aunt there. It will get easier, I know my mom felt a lot of guilt because she couldn't care for my grandmother, but now she realizes that placing her in a home was the best thing that could have happened. I pray this is as easy as possible on your whole family.

As you know I haven't been on much lately and just stumbled across this today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Becky and hope and pray for the best. Reading this thread has been upsetting for me and making me appreciate the problems here and realizing that they aren't as bad considering.

Hugs to you and keep in touch when you can.

Know you are in my prayers, Becky! As I said before, my dad had Alzheimer's over 30 years ago and no one really knew how to handle him and what all it did. It's a horrible disease. It's good she'll be close by to your Aunt Judy so she can help with her. It's been said (I read some of it in a Karen Kingsbury book but it was authentic research) that Alzheimer's patients who are allowed to "live" in their comfort zone of memory do the best. One of the characters looked for her husband every day who had died 15 years before. When she was surrounded by his pictures and family pictures, she was calmer and less likely to be agitated! HUGS to you! I'll pray for the financial situation as well. That is so hard to deal with!

Today is the day, and I am having such a hard time.

Please pray for my family today.

Prayers and REALLY big hugs!!

Lord, please watch over your child Becky. Help her to feel your arms around her as she carries out her duties today. Help her to know that her mom is in your care--that she will be safe and content. Help her to feel your comfort and peace.

I'll be thinking of you today Becky.

I'll be praying for you Becky.

I'm thinking of you and your family today Becky. Hugs and prayers coming your way!

I'm not sure how I missed this whole thread - maybe because I'm trying to limit my computer time.

I'm thinking about you and praying for you and your family!

Prayers and hugs from me too, Becky.

I will be praying.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers today...how did it go?

Praying for you today, Becky! HUGS!

Father, I pray that you would just wrap Becky in your arms and comfort her, give her peace, Lord. Give her that peace that passes all understanding. Lord I pray a hedge of protection around her mother, that you would keep her close and send angels to guard her and keep her safe. Lord for the entire situation to be blessed, and for sadness to heal.

In Jesus' Name.

I love ya Becky! :)

Becky,
I hope all went as smoothly as possible. Can you take another "snuggle" day today?? That's my prescription.

Everyone's prayers yesterday - via email, PM, and this thread, were heard, and felt by me.
It was so so hard, but my Mom, being my mom, was the one who told me that she had been praying about the move, and that God had given her peace, and that she was going to be okay. It was a moment when I felt like I was actually talking to my Mom.

The hardest part for her was leaving her kitty. We've talked and talked and talked about it, but not until she actually had to leave her at my house did she realize that she wasn't going to bring her along. That was the only time she cried.

My Mom is quite a woman. She was charming the nurses from the moment we got there, and by the time we left, 3 nurses had already told me they had fallen in love with her, and that she was going to be so much fun to have stay there. My Mom is no respecter of persons - she doesn't care if you are rich, or a homeless beggar, she loves you and respects you and treats you just the same. People love her where ever she goes - I can remember all of my friends (and my brothers friends) hanging out at our house when I was growing up - and if us kids weren't home, that was okay, because they would just sit at the kitchen table with a snack and talk to my Mom. I think some of them came just to get a snack and a visit with Mom!:rolleyes:

As I was driving to my Mom's yesterday, this song was the song that ministered the most to me - just a reminder that everyday is a GIFT!

Here is a Youtube version of the song, and also the lyrics. I think my Mom has lived her life this way.

YouTube - Life Means So Much

LIFE MEANS SO MUCH
(by Chris Rice)

Every day is a journal page
Every man holds a quill and ink
And there's plenty of room for writing in
All we do is believe and think
So will you compose a curse
Or will today bring the blessing
Fill the page with rhyming verse
Or some random sketching

Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much
Life means so much
Life means so much

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under

Lead us in better ways
Life means so much
Life means so much
Life means so much

Has anybody ever lived who knew the value of a life
And don't you think giving is all
What proves the worth of yours and mine

Lead us in better ways
Life means so much

Every day is a gift you've been given
Make the most of the time every minute you're living

Becky I hope to someday be 1/2 as good a mom as yours!
Blessings to you and her.

Crystal Patton said:
Becky I hope to someday be 1/2 as good a mom as yours!
Blessings to you and her.

Me too, Crystal.

I'm so thankful she's my mom.

Becky, check to see if you can bring kitty in for a visit with your mom. We were able to do this with my late sister-in-law's chichihau. It always seemed to encourage her when we did that.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Trish in Texas said:
Becky, check to see if you can bring kitty in for a visit with your mom. We were able to do this with my late sister-in-law's chichihau. It always seemed to encourage her when we did that.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I think it would be too much for the poor kitty! My mom is over 2 hours away, and kitty doesn't like riding in the car. This place is just temporary though - my brother will be coming in June or July to have my mom live with him, and she can have her kitty back then.
My little guy promised Mimi he would take pictures of kitty and send them to her.:)

I'm glad the move went well. You were in my thoughts and prayers all day. Does your mom understand that the move is just temporary? I think that makes things easier. Maybe a kitty picture next to her bed?

{{HUGS}}

I'm so glad it went well. Everything happens for a reason; how nice that you had that song to comfort you on the way. That is sweet that you son is taking care of kitty.

<h2>1. How do I handle the difficult decision of placing my mom in a nursing home?</h2><p>This is a very personal and tough decision to make. It's important to gather as much information as possible about different nursing homes in your area and visit them to see their facilities and meet the staff. Consult with your mom's doctors and social workers to get their recommendations. Ultimately, trust your instincts and make the decision that you believe will provide the best care for your mom.</p><h2>2. How can I cope with the emotional toll of seeing my mom's Alzheimer's progress?</h2><p>It's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed and heartbroken by your mom's condition. It's important to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Make sure to take breaks and rest when you need it. Consider seeking support from a therapist, support group, or confiding in close friends and family. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.</p><h2>3. What can I do about my SIL's inadequate care for my mom?</h2><p>It's important to address this issue with your SIL and the rest of your family. Have an open and honest conversation about your concerns and make sure everyone is on the same page about your mom's care. If necessary, involve your mom's doctors and social workers to ensure she receives proper care. If the situation does not improve, consider finding alternative care for your mom.</p><h2>4. How can I find a nursing home with an available room for my mom?</h2><p>Start by researching nursing homes in your area and contacting them to inquire about availability. It may also be helpful to reach out to your mom's doctors and social workers for recommendations. Be prepared for a potential waiting list and consider expanding your search to nearby areas if necessary.</p><h2>5. How can I handle the grief and emotional pain of letting my mom go?</h2><p>Grieving is a natural and necessary process, and it's important to allow yourself to feel and process your emotions. Seek support from loved ones and consider talking to a therapist or joining a support group. Remember to take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal. It's also important to focus on the positive memories and the love you have for your mom.</p>

1. How do I handle the difficult decision of placing my mom in a nursing home?

This is a very personal and tough decision to make. It's important to gather as much information as possible about different nursing homes in your area and visit them to see their facilities and meet the staff. Consult with your mom's doctors and social workers to get their recommendations. Ultimately, trust your instincts and make the decision that you believe will provide the best care for your mom.

2. How can I cope with the emotional toll of seeing my mom's Alzheimer's progress?

It's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed and heartbroken by your mom's condition. It's important to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Make sure to take breaks and rest when you need it. Consider seeking support from a therapist, support group, or confiding in close friends and family. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

3. What can I do about my SIL's inadequate care for my mom?

It's important to address this issue with your SIL and the rest of your family. Have an open and honest conversation about your concerns and make sure everyone is on the same page about your mom's care. If necessary, involve your mom's doctors and social workers to ensure she receives proper care. If the situation does not improve, consider finding alternative care for your mom.

4. How can I find a nursing home with an available room for my mom?

Start by researching nursing homes in your area and contacting them to inquire about availability. It may also be helpful to reach out to your mom's doctors and social workers for recommendations. Be prepared for a potential waiting list and consider expanding your search to nearby areas if necessary.

5. How can I handle the grief and emotional pain of letting my mom go?

Grieving is a natural and necessary process, and it's important to allow yourself to feel and process your emotions. Seek support from loved ones and consider talking to a therapist or joining a support group. Remember to take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal. It's also important to focus on the positive memories and the love you have for your mom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies