• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How will I cope without my beloved Mom?

In summary, my mother passed away this evening, with all of us...one of her dear friends, my DB, SIL, DH, and I...by her side. It was very difficult to see her take her last breaths, but at least we all know she is no longer suffering and she is with us always now.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Mom passed away this evening, with all of us...one of her dear friends, my DB, SIL, DH, and I...by her side. It was very difficult to see her take her last breaths, but at least we all know she is no longer suffering and she is with us always now.

It's still all very surreal to me and I'm feeling a mixture of peacefullness, extreme sadness and emptiness, and relief that her pain is finally over. I've never gone through anything like this before..........

Mom was only 60 and had been so looking forward to retirement. She was an amazing woman, moving my brother and I (then 11 and 9) to a new province to start a new life on her own after my Dad decided it was over between them after 14 years. She was very much loved by many!!!

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go on without my Mom!? :cry: :cry:

She will never be forgotten..................

Thanks for listening.

I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* Prayers headed up for you and your family.
God bless,
Amanda

Oh Marie-France. I am so so sorry. I too suffered a lost this week. We buried my grandmother today. She wasn't my mother, but had a major role in raising me. I am so terribly sorry for you. I know this must be so hard for you to go through. I hope you find comfort in knowing that she isn't suffering anymore. I will keep you in my prayers in the coming days as I know they are going to be so tough. Now we have to hold close to all the precious memories and live on through her legacy with the memories. My dad said it true at the funeral's eulogy today, "you are your mother". Live on and she will live through you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that she is not suffering any longer and she is in a better place. {{{Hugs}}}

a star in the sky{{BIG HUG}}

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts are with you. :(

I am so sorry for your loss! Lean on the Lord for strength. He WILL bring you through this. Take time to cherish all the memories you've had with her. God you bless you and yours during this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. May you find strength and comfort in this sad time.

My warm condolences and remember, we're all here for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Someone said to me when my Mom died - It doesn't matter how old you are, when your mother dies you feel like a lost little girl again, and it has always stuck with me.It will never be OK that she is gone, but you will learn to accept it, and even live with it. But give it time. For now, remember she is not in pain anymore, and she is definitely still with you, and always will be. I am so sorry for you loss.

Marie-France, I'm sorry for your loss and send prayers your way. I was with my dad when he passed in Sept. 06 and while his last breaths haunted me for months, I can now think back to what a beautiful moment it was to watch him finally find peace.

God bless you and your family.

{{{hugs}}} I'm deeply sad to hear of the loss of your mom.

I am so sorry for your loss, words cannot even express. May peace be with you.

Please accept my deepest sympathies. I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart is aching for you right now!

I will pray that God's grace and strength will get you through the up and coming weeks and months...

We are here for you.

Hugs to you!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I will be praying for you and your family.

Marie-France,
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm thankful that you were able to be there with her when she passed. You'll be in my prayers!

Marie-France, I am so sorry for your loss. The pain of your mom not being there to talk to will always be there; it will get less frequent over time, but still as sharp.

You guys are so awesome. You're truly an extended family for me. This place was one of the first I wanted to come to to tell the news......I have so many friends here. This is truly the best place to be online!! :)

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I know it will be difficult, but they do say God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. Mom was an extremely strong person and I do believe that she passed it onto me. Now, it's 3:17 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink yet. I've written down what I want to say at her funeral and I've gone through pictures. Guess I will try and get some shut eye now......maybe............

Marie,

I am so sorry for your loss of your mother. You touched me so, today is the anniversary of my father's passing (4 years ago) and I can totally relate. It's so hard to lose someone that is so dear and close to you. She will always have a special place in your heart. Time will heal, but you will never forget. Knowing that she is at peace helps. Again, my deepest sympathies and if you ever need to talk or a shoulder to cry on, I am here along with others.

-Lisa

My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family {{{{Hugs}}}}

I'm soooo sorry for your loss, but heaven's gain. My hope for you is when you're going through the pictures, the happy memories help you through this incredibly difficult and sad time for you and your family. My deppest sympathies ~

Condolences for you and your family at this time....
So sorry for your loss...hope you were finally able to get some sleep...I'm sure you need it.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I am so sorry about your loss. Try to remember the goods times and keep that with you always. I don't know what it is like to loose my mom but I know what it is like to almost loose her. The pain is unbearable. I only hope you can be strong in knowing she is in much better hands now with NO pain! :angel:

I will keep you in my prayers during this difficult time. May God bless you with peace and strength to face the difficult days ahead. Know May you find comfort in your memories of you mother, and know that you are surrounded by a circle of love of all your friends. Linda

So sorry for your loss. I feel that I don't any have words that could possibly help at this time, but please know you are in mine and alot of people's thoughts and prayers.

so sorry---

So sorry for your loss. I will also be adding my prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss, try to remember the good times and erase the sadness if you can - When my dad passed in Aug 06 we tried to tell funny stories to get thru the emptiness in our hearts. I still feel that the word "never" was truly defined to me that day. God Bless you and your family!

I am so sorry for your loss! I will be thinking of you and your family thru these difficult days.

So sorry for your loss. You all are in my prayers. Having lost my parents, I know how hard it is. Be assured she will live in your heart!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Marie-France...I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a Mom is difficult, even when it is "part blessing" so she didn't have to suffer any more. (I know what you mean by part blessing, too....I felt that way for my Mom too. She no longer has the physical and emotional pain that she had been dealing with for soooooo long.) Every situation is different...but I can tell you from experience (coming up on the second anniversary of my Mom's death in a few months- she was only 53) that you have some tough days ahead, and that those tough days will get fewer and fewer. I doubt that the pain and feeling of loss never goes away- how can we ever feel 100% OK with our Mom's being gone? Just know that God will give you the strength that you need each day. He has you in the palm of His hand...keep looking for His touches in the days/months to follow and He will surprise you!

My prayers and my heart goes out to you and your family right now.
{{{HUGS}}}
Kelly

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. :( You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. She is a part of you and will ALWAYS be with you.

I am sorry for your loss, Marie. I am glad you were there with her and your family. Thats something that some people dont get to do. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Marie - Sorry to hear of your loss! I too lost a parent, my dad, about 2-3 months before Kelly lost her mom. It is not an easy time, I didn't sleep for about a week and ran non-stop doing things. I couldn't eat (although I knew I should and tried). My brother was the opposite, he ate like there wasn't going to be any food left tomorrow!Anyway, each person reacts differently and it isn't an easy time. Take care of yourself and your family, let yourself cry and grieve however you need to and come visit us for support. We know how tough it is, but also know you will make it through!Hugs and prayers to you!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Marie..............

Hugs

My sincere condolences to you and your family with the loss of your mother. Just know that you are continually prayed for by many.

So sorry for your loss! Praying for you to have peace and strength during this very difficult time. ((hugs))

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Big Hugs to you and your family

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I've lost both my parents, my mom being only one month shy of her 52nd birthday, and I was pregnant with my daughter, too. That was a little over 21 years ago now.
It really does leave a "hole" in your heart, and I still grieve for her now and then, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
God really is in control, and He will help you through this time, as you let Him. I pray His peace for you and your family.

Paula

I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I'll be praying for peace for you all through this.

I'm so very sorry. {{{hugs}}} I can't even imagine losing your mom; mine is like my best friend. Hang on to the sweet memories you have together & they will comfort you.

MFSo sorry to hear about your mom. Wish I was still on the Island so I could drive to you & give you a hug.I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss. Remember we are here for you. Let us know what we can do to help you through the upcoming days.

Heaven has a brand new angel. I'm so sorry for your loss, and we'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. The wonderful thing is that while she may be gone, your memories of her and the times you shared will last you a lifetime. God bless you!!!

sklay723 said:
Heaven has a brand new angel. I'm so sorry for your loss, and we'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. The wonderful thing is that while she may be gone, your memories of her and the times you shared will last you a lifetime. God bless you!!!

What a nice thing to say! You really made me smile! :)

I sure know where to come when I'm feeling blue and need a cheer up! Especially if it's in the middle of the night, 'cause eventhough people tell you to call anytime, I would never call someone at 2 or 3 in morning, but I know I can come here and there's always someone around.

I love you guys.....:love:

<h2>1. How will I cope without my beloved Mom?</h2><p>Losing a loved one is never easy, and coping with the loss of your mother can feel overwhelming. It's important to remember that everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace. Give yourself time to process your emotions and seek support from friends and family. It's also beneficial to seek out a grief counselor or support group to help you navigate this difficult time.</p><h2>2. What are some ways to honor my Mom's memory?</h2><p>There are many ways to honor your Mom's memory, and it's important to choose what feels right for you. Some ideas include creating a memory book or photo album, planting a tree or flower in her memory, participating in a charity event or cause that was important to her, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others.</p><h2>3. How can I deal with the feelings of emptiness and sadness?</h2><p>Grieving the loss of a loved one is a process and it's normal to feel a range of emotions, including emptiness and sadness. Allow yourself to feel these emotions, but also try to find healthy outlets for expressing them, such as journaling or talking to a trusted friend or family member. It's also important to take care of yourself during this time by eating well, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you comfort and peace.</p><h2>4. Will life ever feel normal again?</h2><p>Losing a loved one can feel like your entire world has been turned upside down, and it's normal to wonder if things will ever feel normal again. The truth is, life will never be the same without your Mom. However, over time, you will learn to adjust to this new normal and find ways to honor her memory while also finding joy and fulfillment in your own life.</p><h2>5. How can I keep my Mom's memory alive?</h2><p>Keeping your Mom's memory alive is a beautiful way to honor her and ensure she will never be forgotten. Some ideas include creating a memory box with items that remind you of her, making a donation to a charity in her name, incorporating her favorite recipes or traditions into your life, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others. You can also find comfort in knowing that she will always be with you in your heart and memories.</p>

1. How will I cope without my beloved Mom?

Losing a loved one is never easy, and coping with the loss of your mother can feel overwhelming. It's important to remember that everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace. Give yourself time to process your emotions and seek support from friends and family. It's also beneficial to seek out a grief counselor or support group to help you navigate this difficult time.

2. What are some ways to honor my Mom's memory?

There are many ways to honor your Mom's memory, and it's important to choose what feels right for you. Some ideas include creating a memory book or photo album, planting a tree or flower in her memory, participating in a charity event or cause that was important to her, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others.

3. How can I deal with the feelings of emptiness and sadness?

Grieving the loss of a loved one is a process and it's normal to feel a range of emotions, including emptiness and sadness. Allow yourself to feel these emotions, but also try to find healthy outlets for expressing them, such as journaling or talking to a trusted friend or family member. It's also important to take care of yourself during this time by eating well, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you comfort and peace.

4. Will life ever feel normal again?

Losing a loved one can feel like your entire world has been turned upside down, and it's normal to wonder if things will ever feel normal again. The truth is, life will never be the same without your Mom. However, over time, you will learn to adjust to this new normal and find ways to honor her memory while also finding joy and fulfillment in your own life.

5. How can I keep my Mom's memory alive?

Keeping your Mom's memory alive is a beautiful way to honor her and ensure she will never be forgotten. Some ideas include creating a memory box with items that remind you of her, making a donation to a charity in her name, incorporating her favorite recipes or traditions into your life, or simply talking about her and sharing stories with others. You can also find comfort in knowing that she will always be with you in your heart and memories.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • wadesgirl