• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Does a Family Cope with Multiple Tragedies?

In summary, Gin's mother-in-law, Frances, died this morning. The family is hurting and Gin is feeling the pain.
Kitchen2u
I can't believe this...I'm in shock and dumbfounded...

...as I'm driving to my Director's meeting this morning, I get a call from my brother. "Not good news Gin, Frances died (his mother-in-law) this morning. Deb and the boys (my nephews) aren't doing too good...me neither..." :( :( :(

Gary and Debbie (my SIL) have been married since 8-4-84...have two beautiful boys, Kyle (18) and Bryan (14). Frances has been in our family about 3 years before they got married. The boys think the world of "Grandma Sarah." (Grandma Sarah was Deb's mom - her dog was Sarah and Grandma Puma was my mom - her dog's name) Another sad and unexpected death in the family. How much more can my family take? I don't know the details yet. We are a close knit family, we all get along and are here in town...so when one hurts, we ALL hurt. It broke :( my heart to hear my brother cry. I've only heard/seen him cry twice in my almost 50 years of life.

Please send more prayers our way...we definitely need them.

I'll be praying.

Prayers heading your way Ginny.

oh, Gin. My heart is breaking for you too. You know I'll be praying for you!
((((GINNY))))

So sorry to hear of this Ginny - I'll be praying for you and your family too!

Ginny...I am so sorry to hear of this! Sounds like you are all tight knit, so make sure you all stick together to help each other through this!

{{{{HUGS}}}}to you and your family, God will get you through this one day at a time...

Oh, Ginny - my heart is breaking for you again! I know there are no words that will take away the pain, but hopefully the knowledge that we are all here to help support you through this will give you enough hope and strength to get through this - one day at a time!

Really sorry to hear this Ginny! I will keep your family in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}

You know, when someone asks me what's the best about having my PC biz, I always answer "how my family has grown. PC gives me something no other job of mine has given me. I have "family" around the world."

Thank you for being part of my family. You guys are the BEST ~ always able to count on you. Always understanding without judgement. I love you for that.

Frances died in her sleep from the heart attack she had. I am happy to know she is resting peacefully now. Debbie (SIL) said she was so happy to see "she looked so peaceful." Frances suffered a stroke is 1996 which forced her into retirement and bound to a wheelchair. With the complications of her diabetes, Frances also had more than her share of amputations the past few years. Apparently, Frances was suffering a shortness of breath last night and had a Dr. appt scheduled for this morning, which didn't happen. Frances was an AMAZING lady. She was such a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. She was known as "Mom Sakai" to the high school football, basketball and baseball teams where her 6 children went to school. She was well known to fry chicken and bake cookies and send it with the ball teams on their "away" games for the ENTIRE teams. After raising the kids, she went back to school and received TWO Masters of Art in Education. She was a devoted educator for over 20 years in the Sacramento Unified School District, she touched many young lives.

Robyn (DD) and I just got back from my brother's house..exactly where I needed to be, with Debbie (SIL), Gary (brother), Kyle (nephew), Bryan (nephew), Howard (Deb's Dad), Joanie, Cindy and Sally (Deb's sisters), along with my parents and niece, Jenna. Marty (Deb's brother is on his way from Palm Springs (vacation cut short) and Linda, the devoted piano teacher (Deb's sis) she is (just like her Mom), piano lessons today/tonight went on as scheduled, not surprised at all...that's Linda! All of them are AWESOME people. I'm so lucky my brother married such a great family. I was priveleged to help them out with writing Frances' obituary for the newspaper. It's due tomorrow morning, not much time to write. So I spent a lot of the time writing it for them. I wrote my FIL's, 2 uncles' and most recently, my cousin. So when I walked in the door, I was greeted with smiles and "hey there's our writer!" Funny thing is I am the obit writer and my father always get the job of delivery the memoirs ~

Days to come are going to be hard, I appreciate all of your continued support and prayers...especially when we will need the strength on Tuesday (2 PM PDT) at Frances' memorial service.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Ginny...I am glad to hear that you feel uplifted by your friends here on CS. I know exactly how you feel about gaining friends and family through PC. I feel that way too! DH doesn't understand too much how our online friendships can mean so much to me! It is amazing to know that we can come here, post a need, and come back later with replies to support us!

I will continue to pray for you and your family. I am saddened at all of the loses you guys have experienced, but it is encouraging to hear that you are surrounded by a wonderful and loving family and extended family!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Sending love, prayers and hugs your way! You are one amazing person Ginny!

Ginny - I was out last night at a show about 1 1/2 hours from home so I DID NOT go online when I got home. :)I am so sorry to hear of your loss...hugs!
{{{{{GINNY}}}}}I've had a lot of people around me lose love ones in the last week or two and it is never a good experience. Support your family, take care of yourself, and we will pray that you feel comforted and can have a good memorial service for such a neat lady.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time -

Thanks everyone...it's just so hard to lose my cousin to suicide just a couple weeks ago...and now Frances. We are comforted that Frances' death was so peaceful without much suffering on her end. Thanks for all your support! Have a great weekend...

Related to How Does a Family Cope with Multiple Tragedies?

1. What does it mean to "send prayers" for someone?

"Sending prayers" is a way to express care and support for someone who is going through a difficult time. It means taking a moment to think about the person and their situation, and sending positive thoughts, well wishes, and/or prayers their way.

2. How can I send prayers for a family in mourning?

There are many ways to send prayers for a family in mourning. You can simply think about the family and send positive thoughts their way, you can say a prayer for them if that is part of your religious or spiritual beliefs, or you can reach out to them and express your condolences and offer any assistance or support they may need.

3. Is it appropriate to send prayers for a family I don't know very well?

Yes, it is always appropriate to send prayers for anyone, regardless of your relationship with them. It is a way to show compassion and support for someone who is going through a difficult time, and it can be comforting for them to know that others are thinking about them.

4. Can I send prayers for a family in mourning if I am not religious?

Yes, you can send positive thoughts or well wishes for a family in mourning even if you are not religious. This is a way to show support and care for someone during a difficult time, and it does not have to be tied to any specific religious beliefs.

5. How often should I send prayers for a family in mourning?

There is no specific rule or guideline for how often you should send prayers for a family in mourning. You can send them as often as you feel is necessary or appropriate, whether it is daily, weekly, or less frequently. The important thing is to show that you are thinking about the family and that you care about their well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Triciascucina
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies