• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Say a Pray for William and His Family

In summary, a 14-year-old boy named William, who is usually very healthy, suddenly fell ill with a fever and had to miss band camp. His condition worsened and he was rushed to the hospital where they found a cyst at the base of his brain stem. He is currently undergoing surgery and in need of prayers. His family and friends are also asking for prayers for his recovery. Many people are sending their thoughts and well wishes for William and his family during this difficult time.
Kitchen2u
A GOOD friend of ours is in need of some prayers. William is 14 years old...strong, usually very healthy (he just doesn't get sick!) young man. He's the sweestest thing ever. He volunteers to watch our dogs when we go out-of-town, he'll walk them them just because he wants to and helps ANYONE who needs/wants help.

William needs help himself now. Last Tuesday, he came down with a fever, ended up missing band camp (which he LOVES) the rest of the week. I SHOULD have thought something of it since William just doesn't get sick.

I got a call just now, William's in the hospital:cry:. He fainted yesterday. He's undergoing surgery as I type this note. They found a cyst at the base of his brain stem early this morning (3 AM) and the doctor immediately said they needed to get it out and do a biopsy.

Today's the first day of school....which when I talked to him on Saturday, he was excited (Freshman in HS) and couldn't wait to go. Instead, he's in need of your prayers...and so is his sister, Jessica (my DD best friend), Rachelle (a scared Mom), Daryl (a terrified Dad) and both sets of grandparents, and aunts/uncle who at the hospital with William right now.

I'm leaving shortly to take some lunch over to them...and give them all hugs. They (all) are a part of our extended family...we do everything together!

Thanks everyone for your prayers, I'll post more when I hear more.

Last edited:
Wow, what a complete shock Ginny! My prayers are with the family, Drs, staff, and most of all William.

Thankfully they've got such great friends as you! Blessings to you as well!

Please keep us posted on the progress!

Dear Heavenly Father...today we ask you humbly to touch this little one William. 14 is way too young to deal with something like this! You have given him a tender heart and a personality to go with it. I pray that you as the Great Physician will touch his body and heal him. Be with the doctors and nurses as they operate today, and as he recovers in the hospital and later on at home. Work a miracle to YOUR GLORY, Lord, please. Be with him, his sister, mom, dad and other family and friends who are scared right now. Surround them with Your love and mercy. We ask all of this in your wonderful and Almighty name, Amen.

Beautiful prayer, Kelly. I'm adding my "amen" to that. The family will be continue to be in my thoughts.

How scary - they all must be so frightened!
They'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Adding my Amen to Kelly's prayer. Couldn't say it any better!

After the day I had yesterday with the neighbor, I can't clearly form words to express my concern for him. I'll just amen Kelly's prayer too...God knows our thoughts and knows I can only handle thinking about so much tragedy.I pray that he will have a great outcome in all this.

It's funny. Sometimes it seems like the Holy Spirit just steps in and gives us the words that we need to pray...other times I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit interceeds on behalf of our heart's groanings when we don't have the words. Sooooo many times I am thankful that someone else has typed out their prayer (especially Diane, who I feel God has given SUCH a talent for intercessory prayer!) so I can read and pray along with them.

I know what you mean Janet...sometimes it's like we are overwhelmed with the needs around us and we just can't find the words. I am so thankful that our wonderful Lord knows the desires and cares of our hearts, even when the words can't come out.

Prayers coming your way. Please keep us posted.

Sending prayers their way.

more prayers for him, his family and doctors.

Sending prayer's. Please keep up updated.

more prayers and yet another "amen" to Kelly's prayer..

Many, many prayers for William and his family. One of my employees' had a son, John. He kept having flu type symptoms and when the fever and the lump in his throat wouldn't go away, John's mother read them the riot act and wanted him looked at from head to toe.

I remember getting the call from a co-worker in late February that John was diagnosed with brain cancer and it too was at the base of the head. John and his parents fought the good fight, but John lost his battle on the eve of his 12th birthday that very next December.

I pray the William and his parents also fight the good fight. John's parents were not as forth coming as I would have been. I would have taken my son to every institution I could. As I found out later, I believe everyone knew that all that could be done was being done.

God has a plan...it just doesn't make too much sense sometimes. Every case is different and I pray for William's doctors to know how to heal him.

On a positive note...I also know a grandchild of a friend that had a cancerous brain tumor when he was 18 months old. He is now in his 30's and is doing research in the cancer field. Keep us posted!!!

KellyTheChef said:
Dear Heavenly Father...today we ask you humbly to touch this little one William. 14 is way too young to deal with something like this! You have given him a tender heart and a personality to go with it. I pray that you as the Great Physician will touch his body and heal him. Be with the doctors and nurses as they operate today, and as he recovers in the hospital and later on at home. Work a miracle to YOUR GLORY, Lord, please. Be with him, his sister, mom, dad and other family and friends who are scared right now. Surround them with Your love and mercy. We ask all of this in your wonderful and Almighty name, Amen.

baychef said:
Many, many prayers for William and his family. One of my employees' had a son, John. He kept having flu type symptoms and when the fever and the lump in his throat wouldn't go away, John's mother read them the riot act and wanted him looked at from head to toe.

I remember getting the call from a co-worker in late February that John was diagnosed with brain cancer and it too was at the base of the head. John and his parents fought the good fight, but John lost his battle on the eve of his 12th birthday that very next December.

I pray the William and his parents also fight the good fight. John's parents were not as forth coming as I would have been. I would have taken my son to every institution I could. As I found out later, I believe everyone knew that all that could be done was being done.

God has a plan...it just doesn't make too much sense sometimes. Every case is different and I pray for William's doctors to know how to heal him.

On a positive note...I also know a grandchild of a friend that had a cancerous brain tumor when he was 18 months old. He is now in his 30's and is doing research in the cancer field. Keep us posted!!!

Thanks everyone! I just got home from the hospital and thought I'd give you the 411 on what's going on right now.

BTW ~ Kelly, your prayer brought tears to my eyes! I got so emotional, I called Rachelle (staying at the hospital with William) and read the prayer to William, Rachelle and Daryl (I brought Jessica home with me) ~ they were DEEPLY TOUCHED!

Though I was told William looks a whole lot better than yesterday...his cyst is bulging out ~ it's HUGE! I'm a little scared after reading Ann's post ~ if you could write a book..that's EXACTLY what it would have said...flu like...fever...then lump.

William's surgery is tomorrow morning, 6 AM. They are still concerned about the fever...not wanting to cut open until the fever has gone back to normal. It was 100.1 when I was there...so it's making it's way down slowly. So ther are HOPING for the surgery tomorrow.

William was excited to see Robyn and I brought some balloons, but BEST of all some sports magazines to read to pass some time.

So I guess I'll have more info tomorrow...

THANKS again to EVERYONE saying some extra prayers for William...

Thanks for the update Ginny! I certainly pray that his fever comes down so they can safely do the surgery. Tell William I am sorry for calling him a "little one"! I don't think my DSS would be happy if I called him that...but in comparison to me (36) he IS little!! Maybe that will make him laugh!

{{{HUGS to you all!}}}

I'll be praying for William and his family. I hope it all goes smoothly with good results.

Ginny, after I posted what I did, I wondered if I should have. I don't want to be a downer because each case is different. John's mother did not want to take him out of state or even anywhere much different than the hospital 100 miles away (Syracuse and they are very, very good). I just wonder if he had gone to Sloan Kettering or John Hopkins or any of those other places quicker if things wouldn't have turned out different.

John's tumor was affecting his swallowing and was not bulging out as William's seems to be.

I guess what I was trying to say with John's story is to encourage the parents to get the best care they can. Fight hard and fight early.

Personally, they are living the nightmare that we all dread and my prayers are for their strength as well. Not only is this physically draining, but emotionally draining. Having to stay strong when all you want to do is break down and cry.

I so hope his surgery goes well and that they can get most or all of this. Keep us posted!

No worries Ann! Rather 'hear' everything ~ and chances of what it 'might' be...then nothing at all ~ make sense? I agree, it may or may not be anything like your situation...and hoping it's not, but IT'S OKAY ! ! ! Really!

I guess I see this Mom everyday and she has no other children but John is on her mind everyday. The first year was rough for her and luckily, coming to work made her feel better. We cried, we laughed, her co-workers have taken her shopping, bowling...anything to help her.

I hate cancer but I hate it even more when it effects children.:(

William is HOME! His fever broke late last night ~ had surgery this morning...released tonight (guess they needed the bed!) ~ talk about getting kicked out of the hospital!

Rachelle said it's going to take a little while for the pathology reports to come back...so we're sitting on pins and needles with our finger, leg, eyes, arms crossed!

Amening all the prayers and adding a prayer for a miraculous healing on this young man!

Thank you, Lord for answered prayers for a good surgery! I pray now that God touches him and helps him to heal quickly and 100%!! No cancer!

Ginny, just catching up and saw this thread. You and your sweet William will be in my prayers.

OMG...POOR WILLIAM! The Dr who performed the surgery had NO BEDSIDE manners at all! Rachelle told me the whole story today....William & she were so stressed out...all both of them have been doing is sleeping since they got home!

Okay, so the Dr. scheduled the surgery at 7 AM ~ staff called her at 8 AM and asked where she was. "I didn't schedule that!" she yelled at the nurses. She marches in with a HUGE CHIP on her shoulders. William is AWAKE during the procedure. The nurses put a patch on him at 5 AM (kind of numbs the area, prepping for the lydocaine shot) ~ the patch lasts about 4 hrs (uh, 9AM!!!). The Dr walks in at 8:45...starts the procedure WITHOUT the lydocaine shot! William is squirmming (well, DUH!!!), the Dr yells at William to stay still! (Can you believe this?) Rachelle and Daryl had it and yelled at her (yes, they were allowed to be with William at the time (that was shocking to me, but good thing they were!) to numb it with the lydocaine shot first!

She dumbfoundly looks at them and says, "oh, yeah..."

Doesn't even wait 30 seconds and starts dugging around again. William contnued to squirm...no duh lady! She couldn't get very much fluid. But what she did get is being tested and hopefully will hear results in the next couple of days.

So they ruled out "puss pocket" ~ Dr "thinks" it's a cyst that will probably have to be removed.

I did talk to William this afternoon. Very tired...no duh...and very bored. He wants to get this out of the way and go to school...looks like he will miss first week of school as a freshman!

Stay tuned for more...

Poor thing. Continuing to pray.

1. Why should I say a prayer for William and his family?

William and his family are going through a difficult time and could use all the support and positive energy they can get. Saying a prayer is a way to show your love and support for them during this challenging time.

2. Who is William and why does he need prayers?

William is a member of the Pampered Chef community who is currently facing a difficult situation. Out of respect for his privacy, we cannot disclose the details, but we ask for prayers for him and his family during this time.

3. How can I send my prayers to William and his family?

There are many ways to send your prayers and positive thoughts to William and his family. You can say a prayer in your own personal time, send a card or message of support, or even reach out to them directly if you have a personal connection.

4. Can I do anything else to help William and his family?

If you would like to offer additional support, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or the Pampered Chef community to see if there are any fundraising efforts or other ways to help William and his family during this time.

5. Will my prayers make a difference for William and his family?

Yes, your prayers and positive energy can make a difference for William and his family. Knowing that others are thinking of and supporting them can bring comfort and strength during a difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • The_Kitchen_Guy