• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Fundraiser Through PC Benefit a Family with a Child Battling Cancer?

In summary, Lara is considering hosting a fundraiser for a family whose 3-year-old son has a rare cancer. She is considering either submitting the show as a fundraiser (with a donation of 15% from the profits), or just donating her commission directly to the family. There is also discussion of whether or not to sell tickets for a basket filled with Pampered Chef products that have been given away for free as part of the show. There is also a question about whether or not to offer a raffle for additional donations.
LCOLACHICO
Hi All

My family and I are friends with a family and they are friends with another family who have a 3 yr old boy with a rare cancer. I do not know this family personally, but I am touched by their story.

The little boys name is Aaron(3), he has a 1 1/2 yr old brother... Mom and Dad own their own pool business. They are struggling with the finances since this terrible "C" has attacked their boy and family !!! I hate the "C".. Aaron's med alone a month are $1200.00.. just the meds and this is out of their pocket after insurance.. they need to travel to and from the hospital and that is a very long drive... also tons of other bills...

Any way that is a little history, and my question is how would a fundraiser benefit them through the PC.. I think that $600 and below it is a 15% donation from PC?? is that right ?? and is $700, 20 % ??

I was thinking that I could donate my commission to the family ...

Has anyone ever done this, and if so what was the turn out..??

I was thinking of telling everyone about the cook books we offer .. that way some of those that we not interested in product would possibly contribute to purchasing a cook book???

Tons of help (info) needed !! and many thanks for your time.. I have never done a fundraiser...

I have a special place in my heart for this family.. I guess its because I have a daughter the age of their son.. and I can't imagine what it must be like to go through this trial...

thank you Lara

I've always chosen to donate from my commission, but I limit my fundraisers to causes I believe in. I typically add 5% or 10%....and in one case donated all my commission after the cost of materiels.

You can do it one of two ways.
- Submit the show as a fundraiser. PC will send a check to the organization/account (PC will not make a fundraiser check out to an individual, so there will need to be an official account such as 'friends of xxxxxxx'). Then you write a separate check for the difference.
- Submit the show as a regular catalog or cooking show. You donate from your commission. You can submit with yourself as the host and personally decide what to do with the host benefits. Or you can coordinate with the family to leverage allor some of the host benefits to further raise funds.

Check out the other fundraiser question thread that was just recently posted. There's lots of great info in it!

Hope this helps Lara. :)

Thanks Kris

I can always count on U :)
I will look for it and go from their >>>

Hi Lara,
I think that is really nice that you want to help this family. I would do it as a kitchen show and you as the host. You donate your commission which is tax deductible if I am not mistaken. Take the free products and specials (if you want to lay out money for the specials). Than turn around and do another fundraiser like a night of bingo. Each guests pays at the door to play bingo and the prizes that they win are the products you just got free from the show. (Take the free products and make into nice baskets). Now you just made money again for this family (from bingo). When you advertise this Bingo fundraiser tell them they can win Pampered Chef baskets valued at $?? which should attracted lots of people especially those who want to help this family. Hope this helps and good luck!
Debby

or you could sell tickets for the baskets at a dinner or something that someone else maybe doing for this family already. (A raffle)

Re: need advice/ & how 2 infothanks everyone:)

1. How can I find recipes and cooking tips using Pampered Chef products?

You can visit our website and browse through our recipe library or join our community of consultants to access exclusive recipes and cooking tips.

2. What is the best way to clean and maintain my Pampered Chef products?

We recommend hand washing all of our products with warm soapy water and avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. You can also refer to the product manual or our website for specific cleaning instructions.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the microwave or oven?

Yes, most of our products are microwave and oven safe. However, be sure to check the product manual or packaging for any specific usage instructions.

4. How do I host a Pampered Chef party and what are the benefits?

You can host a party by contacting a local consultant or hosting a virtual party online. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive discounts and promotions.

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
elijahstrust
  • cemcam4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mmilus