• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Ideas to Support a Friend with Pancreatic Cancer - Ways to Help

In summary, Heather is wondering if she should do a PC fundraiser or a regular fundraiser. She has found that doing a PC fundraiser can be very successful, but she needs to find a way to get started.
heat123
Silver Member
I just found out that a close freind of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has very limited time.:(

I would like to help out her family in anyway that I can and wondered about a fundraiser. But don't even know where to begin or what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
heat123 said:
I just found out that a close freind of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has very limited time.:(

I would like to help out her family in anyway that I can and wondered about a fundraiser. But don't even know where to begin or what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh Heather - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - are you thinking a PC fundraiser or a regular (inviting lots of people to) fundraiser. I did one for a friend with MS back in January of this year. It took a few months to plan- we had silent and live auction items, 50/50 raffle, bingo, sold t-shirts - we made about $14,000 in one night and there has been money trickling in ever since. Good luck with what you decide to do. Our friend was very grateful for all we were able to help her with (she's getting a wheelchair ramp put on her house and had to put a chair lift on the stairs inside to the 2nd floor since she's currently confined to a wheelchair.)

Being in the restaurant business and catering - we are approached quite often for fundraisers - You can go to a local venue and ask them to help you with this - we usually donate the food, its a cash bar, the organizer then sells 50/50 tickets, chinese auctions, t-shirts, (all of which is donated)- you can get a local dj or band for entertainment and flyers everywhere - We did one 2 months ago for a police officer who was diagnosed with the same cancer (and sadly passed before his fundraiser!) and raised 60,000 dollars for his family - the organizers charged to come in as well (I think it was 10 dollars) - hth!!

1. How do I set up a fundraiser to support my friend with pancreatic cancer?

To set up a fundraiser, first decide on the type of event you want to host. It can be anything from a bake sale to a silent auction. Next, determine the date, time, and location of the event. Then, spread the word through social media, email, and word of mouth. Finally, make sure to have a way for people to donate at the event and collect the donations to give to your friend.

2. Are there any specific fundraisers that work well for supporting someone with pancreatic cancer?

There are many different types of fundraisers that can be successful in supporting someone with pancreatic cancer. Some popular ideas include organizing a 5k or walkathon, a benefit concert, or a dinner party. You can also consider hosting a virtual fundraiser or setting up a donation page online.

3. How can I get local businesses involved in the fundraiser?

Reach out to local businesses and explain your cause. Many companies are willing to make donations or sponsor events for a good cause. You can also ask if they would be willing to donate items for a silent auction or raffle. Make sure to thank them for their support and recognize their contributions at the event.

4. How can I involve my friend in the fundraiser planning process?

It's important to involve your friend in the planning process and get their input on what type of fundraiser they would like to have. They may have specific ideas or preferences for how they want to be supported. You can also ask them to help spread the word and invite their friends and family to the event.

5. Are there any resources or tools available to help with fundraising for pancreatic cancer?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to help with fundraising for pancreatic cancer. You can reach out to organizations such as the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network for guidance and support. There are also online fundraising platforms, such as GoFundMe and Fundly, that make it easy to collect donations and share your fundraising efforts with a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Robynchefcanada