• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Whip Cancer: Get Ideas for Fundraising & Support!

In summary, a HWC fundraiser is a great way to raise money for cancer awareness. There are many ways to do it, including a regular show, cooking show, or catalog show. You can earn products during a promotion in March.
mandydollie
This will be my first year for Help Whip Cancer and I need some ideas on what you all do for fundraising. My mom is a cancer survivor and I have a cousin who is right now getting ready to start chemo. I feel like I need to do something but dont' know where to start!

See if there are some local Relay for Life teams in your area. Last year a team took me on and the fundraiser was a little over $1100. Not too bad, but with the scaled percentage they will make alot more this year with a fundrasier. You can go thru the American Cancer Society website and there is a place to click and find teams in your area. Contact them! Last year on this site, there were outside order forms featuring the HWC products. I am sure as May approches someone will be posting new forms. And don't wait for May - they can get started in April and you submit it early in May. Each team member got a catalog - they could sell the HWC products and lots of customers bought other products too.

Last edited:
This is my first year too. Do regular shows count towards the HWP? Do you sell those items at your show? I have no idea how this works..Thanks!

Cindycooks said:
See if there are some local Relay for Life teams in your area. Last year a team took me on and the fundraiser was a little over $1100. Not too bad, but with the scaled percentage they will make alot more this year with a fundrasier.

Actually, they will still make 15%. To my knowledge, it's only the official PC HWC fundraisers that get the extra percentage.

The Relay team that we would be on does their walk in July... how does that work with our campaign in May?

If we do an event in early May, how would that work? Can we collect orders for the products in April, submit the fundraiser on May 1st?

mandydollie said:
If we do an event in early May, how would that work? Can we collect orders for the products in April, submit the fundraiser on May 1st?

You can have people collect orders for products in April including the May HWC products (can't use the April specials) and submit the show in early May as you planned. No harm done.

Ok... I'm forming a team for a cancer event called Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The event is May 5th. I'm going to do a fundraiser through PC. Do I just have my team members collect orders like a normal show? I've done other fundraisers, but never a HWC cancer one. I'm completely confused. When does HO send out materials for the campaign?

Make sure to have each team member ask their "guests" if they will gather orders also!!

I guess I'm stumped... Do we do a cooking show? Does each team member do her best to collect as many orders as possible? I guess I should be asking my director this stuff, but she already commented that she wants me to teach her how to do fundraisers??!!!

Repost
This is my first year too. Do regular shows count towards the HWP? Do you sell those items at your show? IS it only the pink products? I have no idea how this works..Thanks!

OK, I'll try to do my best answering some of the questions. In May at any type of show you can sell the HWC products (guest specials) in addition to the products in the catalog.

In the case of starting the show in April to boost sales to end in early May you would do the same show the HWC products in addition to the products in the catalog. You can have as many people as possible collecting orders.

If a show is put in as Fundraiser, your commission is 15% (if under $15,000 in your career sales, otherwise 17%) and the chairperson for the fundraiser can make purchases on her own and then is only entitled to whatever the Host special is at 60% off--no other host benefits. They do not get any other host benefits.

You can do a cooking or catalog show for the fundraiser.

We get the information usually in February or March (I can't remember at the moment) that is the host and guest special sheets. In March you can earn the HWC products in a promotion.

This is done just like a regular fundraiser except this year they are giving HWC Fundraisers more money in May as this is PC's HWC month.

I hope I haven't confused you any. Please let me know if I can help you more.

Naturally the more sales in these fundraisers means more money for the organization.

klsnyder said:
Repost
This is my first year too. Do regular shows count towards the HWP? Do you sell those items at your show? IS it only the pink products? I have no idea how this works..Thanks!

Kathy:

I am a little confused on what you mean about regular shows count towards the HWP (do you mean Help Whip products or Help Whip Cancer campaign?)

The hwp (otherwise known as pink products) are sold all through May in addition to our normal catalog products regardless if it is a normal cooking show, catalog show, bridal shower show or fundraiser.

A portion of the sale of the special items (Help Whip Cancer items) goes to the American Cancer Society (PC sends them a lump sum check at the end of the campaign). It usually is $1 from the sale of each product.

Let me know if this helps or you need more information.

mandydollie said:
The Relay team that we would be on does their walk in July... how does that work with our campaign in May?

This fundraiser (Relay) that is in July is just like any other month's fundraiser.
PC donates 10% for product sales under $600 and 15% for product sales over $600. No special products, our normal products and guest specials for that month apply. The host (fundraiser chairperson) can buy the host special at 60% but does not get any other host rewards.

May is different as that is the designated month that PC has chosen as our Help Whip Cancer campaign. This year that are giving a bigger donation. Only in May do we have special products (guest specials) that are geared for this campaign and PC donates a $1 from each sale of these special products to the American Cancer Society.

I hope this helps you out. If not just ask us more.

gilliandanielle said:
Make sure to have each team member ask their "guests" if they will gather orders also!!

You got that right, Gillian! At every show always ask the guests if they can gather more orders!:)

mandydollie said:
I guess I'm stumped... Do we do a cooking show? Does each team member do her best to collect as many orders as possible? I guess I should be asking my director this stuff, but she already commented that she wants me to teach her how to do fundraisers??!!!

Amanda:

No problem. Attached is an outline that has been used here on regular fundraisers. I don't know if anyone has put together an outline that specifically is about HWC fundraisers.

Attachments

• Nancy Jo Ryan Fundraising Tips.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 296
Great job answering questions Harriet!! I didn't know where to start!

Mandy- you are getting married in Feb, correct? Congrats!!

I've been watching this thread intently as I'm a newbie who doesn't have a clue about this either! Thanks Harriett for the great information. Let's see if I can pass a quiz now...................

So the fund-raiser funds just go the organization like normal? It doesn't have to be a fund-raiser for a cancer group? The Cancer donation comes from the sale of HWC products, regardless of if they're sold at a regular show or a fund-raiser?

mandydollie said:

I would start with a cooking show. Get your whole team together and explain the products (HWC) and how PC gives $1 to ACS for every product sold, plus because you're doing a fundraiser PC gives a percent also.

As a team come up with a figure you want to raise, pass out catalogs ( like a catty show) and have them collect as many orders as they can, I would also see if other family members of your team could collect orders. Reg products & pink ones. Remind them that PC gives an additional $3 for every show booked, that'll add up too. Hope this helped.

and yes, you can do this in April and turn it in as a May show, just remember not to give out Aprils specials.

Gillybean~ Yes, I get married on February 10th!!!!

mandydollie said:
LOL!! That is what my family calls me! Good luck! Are you nervous yet??

how cute :)
gilliandanielle said:
LOL!! That is what my family calls me! Good luck! Are you nervous yet??

gillybean :)

Nah...I'm not nervous. This isn't my first time up to bat in the marriage department. This will be number two. Struck out the first time but the coach has given me another chance and this time it's gonna be out of the park. He's amazing. Wonderful with my daughter and puts a smile on my face everyday. He's supportive of everything that I do. Can't be nervous when happiness is on the line. I so wish that you all could be there with me to celebrate. I will be sure to post pictures of the big day!

gilliandanielle said:
Great job answering questions Harriet!! I didn't know where to start!

Mandy- you are getting married in Feb, correct? Congrats!!

Thanks, Gillian. I do try!:)

straitfan said:
I've been watching this thread intently as I'm a newbie who doesn't have a clue about this either! Thanks Harriett for the great information. Let's see if I can pass a quiz now...................

So the fund-raiser funds just go the organization like normal? It doesn't have to be a fund-raiser for a cancer group? The Cancer donation comes from the sale of HWC products, regardless of if they're sold at a regular show or a fund-raiser?

Your welcome, Christy.

If I understand you correctly yes the fundraiser funds go to the organization like a normal fundraiser would. Yes, the cancer donation ($1 from each of the HWC products sold) goes to the American Cancer Society (PC does this) regardless of if it came from a regular show or fundraiser.

Just remember if you do a HWC fundraiser (no relay) in May the fundraiser funds are higher only because of the new PC ruling that came out this week.

I hope I didn't confuse you or anyone else.

Chef Diane said:
I would start with a cooking show. Get your whole team together and explain the products (HWC) and how PC gives $1 to ACS for every product sold, plus because you're doing a fundraiser PC gives a percent also.

As a team come up with a figure you want to raise, pass out catalogs ( like a catty show) and have them collect as many orders as they can, I would also see if other family members of your team could collect orders. Reg products & pink ones. Remind them that PC gives an additional $3 for every show booked, that'll add up too. Hope this helped.

and yes, you can do this in April and turn it in as a May show, just remember not to give out Aprils specials.

I agree with you .

klsnyder said:
Repost
yes you do sell the HWC items at your shows for eery HWC item PC donates $1 dollar to the breast cancer research fund. You dont only need to sell the pink stuff just do it as a regular show and promote the guest specials (HWC) items
I hope this helps

Clear as mud! Then do all fund-raisers in May get the extra %-age? What makes it a HWC fund-raiser? I guess again my question is, does the fund-raising group have to be raising funds for Cancer treatment/awareness?

straitfan said:
Clear as mud! Then do all fund-raisers in May get the extra %-age? What makes it a HWC fund-raiser? I guess again my question is, does the fund-raising group have to be raising funds for Cancer treatment/awareness?

You can do a fundraiser for any group and their cause.

The only way it is a HWC fundraiser is if whoever the host is wants it to be that way to raise money for the American Cancer Society instead of getting host benefits. Some people do this as their way of helping out the ACS. I usually do 1 show as a HWC in May at my place every year. People tend to spend more when they know it is going for a good cause.

The only fundraiser to get the extra percentage is the May HWC fundraiser.

Fundraisers in GeneralFor those of you who just want information on regular fundraisers, refer to Recipe for Success page E-12. There is nothing about HWC fundraisers on this page.

I will try to find the information about the HWC from last year. We will get new information in a future CN in the next month or so about this years program.

That helps! Thanks for patiently explaining it to me. Now for the Relay for Life teams--the donation check just goes straight to the ACS in the team's name and they get credit for it at their walk?

straitfan said:
That helps! Thanks for patiently explaining it to me. Now for the Relay for Life teams--the donation check just goes straight to the ACS in the team's name and they get credit for it at their walk?

The donation check goes by the name you put in on the show for the organization. I never did a Relay for Life fundraiser so I am not the one to answer about how the team's name get credit for their walk--I am sure someone on this board can answer this one better.

You are quite welcome--we all help each other here in many ways!

Has anyone approached a physicians office for working a fundraiser with HWC?

Any suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheryl

I did a couple of doctor's offices last year with HWC, but barely got $300 in orders from 4 offices combined. I felt like I worked my butt off with the campaign, and even had an article in the local paper, but came up with NOTHING!

Harriet~
Thanks for ALL of your information about HWC. I'm excited to get my fundraisers going so I'll just have to sit and wait for the information to show up. I found some great order forms from last year on this site, so hopefully someone will come out with those soon.

Amanda,

Patience is a virtue and something most of us don't have at times--we want it yesterday as you can tell from most of the posts on this board. Sometimes I am so into a promotion down the road that I forget what month I am actually in and have to remember that I need to concentrate on the current month just as much.

Before you know it we will have the new items numbers and prices to get the 2007 HWC forms ready.

Just think of it as something that you'll see after your honeymoon!

Mandy & Christy...usually with a walk, the team is raising money for several months before the event, so the May event can go towards their total. When you do a FR, the check is sent to the host and made out to the org, so when that host turns it in to ACS they can ask for it to be credited to that team. HTH!

Thanks, Lisa. I knew someone on here would be able to answer that--I didn't have my thinking cap on. It works just like a normal fundraiser!

mandydollie said:

Would you like to set up a Wedding Registry with my company? ;)

dannyzmom said:
Would you like to set up a Wedding Registry with my company? ;)

Aren't you cute, Carolyn!:p

You're welcome Harriet...it's what I get paid to do in my day job :D

So exactly how did you ladies tie in a PC fundraiser to Relay for Life? I have been invited to the team capt mtg to discuss PC fundraiser but have no idea what I am going to say! Our walk is March 30. So would one team add this to their fundraiser or just a team captain thing? I am so lost. I dont want to lose the opportunity just cuz i am fundraiser "green". (no pun intended) Any ideas? Thank you, Kristi Pea****

Kristi, a PC fundraiser is simply another activity the teams can do in addition to asking friends and family to sponsor them with straight donations. They can turn in the check they get from PC and have it count towards their team's goal. HTH.

lisacb77 said:
Kristi, a PC fundraiser is simply another activity the teams can do in addition to asking friends and family to sponsor them with straight donations. They can turn in the check they get from PC and have it count towards their team's goal. HTH.
So should I ask all the teams to do it as one donation? or within each team? Kristi

this may seem silly but as i am new to this site... how do u keep up with where you have posted? i keep losing mine. kristi

Click on User CP on top of the page you are on. Welcome to the group!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • talkintrac