• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pancreatic Cancer / Mystery Host

In summary, the individual's stepmom has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and the family is struggling with the medical expenses. The individual has suggested having a party and donating their commission to help cover the costs. Suggestions for making the event successful include reaching out to the community for donations, having a themed party with a mystery host, offering incentives and refreshments, and promoting the event both offline and online. The important things are to spread the word, thank everyone for their support, and share the story behind the event.
brandynichoal
My stepmom has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This is all sudden and of course its not looking good. She has started chemo and of course the bills keep piling up. Now, while i have never been close to my dad or his wife, this is of course heart breaking. Not only did his dad pass away from bladder cancer 5 years ago, now his wife, who he has only been married to for almost 2 years, has this issue.

I finally sat and talked with him and told him, dad you need my help. i know the ins and outs of the medical field and i have the time to help. please, let me help you. i know he is overwhelmed and it takes a lot for him to open up and talk about things, but he finally gave me the info. so ive been on the phone with the cancer society off and on all day.

my idea now is to have a party and give my dad all of my commission from the show, and also have a mystery host or two. i think this will attract more buyers...

any suggestions?

thanks you guys!

One suggestion is to reach out to your local community and ask for donations to cover the medical expenses. If you have friends or family who are willing to donate, you can start a crowdfunding campaign online as well. You could also look into any government programs or grants that could help with medical costs, depending on where you live. Additionally, you could organize a fundraiser event to raise money for the medical bills. You could host a dinner, raffle, silent auction, or other activities. You could also look into getting corporate sponsors for the event.

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your stepmom's diagnosis. It's understandable that your dad may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what steps to take. Your idea to have a party and donate your commission to your dad is a wonderful gesture and will definitely help with the financial burden. Here are some suggestions to make the event successful:1. Spread the word: Make sure to invite as many people as possible to the party. You can use social media, email, and word of mouth to get the word out. Let people know that the proceeds from the party will go towards your stepmom's medical expenses.2. Have a theme: A themed party can be more fun and attract more people. You can choose a theme that relates to your stepmom's interests or hobbies. For example, if she loves gardening, you can have a garden party theme.3. Include a mystery host: Having a mystery host or two can attract more buyers as you mentioned. You can ask friends or family members to host a table and sell products on your behalf. This way, you can reach a wider audience.4. Offer incentives: To encourage more people to attend and buy products, you can offer incentives such as raffles, door prizes, or discounts for those who make a purchase. You can also ask local businesses to donate prizes for the raffle.5. Share your story: During the party, take a few minutes to share your stepmom's story and why you are hosting this event. This will help people understand the cause and motivate them to support it.6. Have a donation box: Not everyone may be able to make a purchase, but they may still want to contribute. Have a donation box at the party where people can make cash donations.7. Provide refreshments: People are more likely to stay and support the event if they are offered refreshments. You can ask friends or family members to bring food and drinks, or you can provide simple snacks and drinks yourself.8. Promote online: In addition to spreading the word offline, you can also promote the event online. You can create a Facebook event and invite your friends, or post about it on other social media platforms.9. Thank everyone: Make sure to thank everyone who attends and supports the event. Let them know how much their support means to you and your family.I hope these suggestions help and I wish you all the best for the party and your stepmom's treatment

1. What is pancreatic cancer?

Pancreatic cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the pancreas, an organ located behind the stomach. It is caused by abnormal cells growing in the pancreas and can spread to other parts of the body.

2. How common is pancreatic cancer?

Pancreatic cancer is the 12th most common type of cancer worldwide. In the United States, it is the 10th most common cancer and the 4th leading cause of cancer-related deaths.

3. What are the risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer?

Some known risk factors for pancreatic cancer include smoking, obesity, family history of the disease, and certain genetic mutations. However, in many cases, the cause of pancreatic cancer is unknown.

4. What is a "Mystery Host" event?

A "Mystery Host" event is a fundraiser organized by Pampered Chef in which a portion of the sales from a party is donated to a chosen cause, such as pancreatic cancer research. The host of the party is kept secret until the end, and they receive the host benefits, including free and discounted products.

5. How can I host a "Mystery Host" event for pancreatic cancer?

To host a "Mystery Host" event, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you would like to organize a party to raise funds for pancreatic cancer. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your event a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies