• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Requests for My Family: Coping with Multiple Tragedies in One Day

In summary, the speaker is requesting prayer for their family after a difficult day where they found out their cousin passed away and another cousin was in a motorcycle accident and hospitalized. They also mentioned other family members who are facing health issues and asked for prayers for their grandmother who has lost multiple family members. The speaker expressed gratitude for the support and prayers from others.
hoosierchef
I am asking for prayer requests for my family. This has been one of the most horrible days I've had in a long time....... I'm ok with everything but my family has really been struck hard.

I found out this afternoon that my 34 yo cousin died this morning. He had many health problems, many of which can be traced back to birth. He hadn't been feeling well, so he and my Aunt had gone to the doctor's office. Apparently at the Dr's office he coded. The doctors tried everything they could to revive him , but could not. He was what some would call Developmentally disabled, but he was the brightest and friendliest person you could ever had hoped to meet. He never forgot a face nor ever met a stranger. His mother has endured much over the last 6 years, battling and surviving breast cancer herself.

When I called my other cousin to tell them the bad news......My other Aunt answered the phone. Her oldest son was is a Motorcycle accident last night and was lifelined to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He's not in very good shape.

My grandmother is still alive and has endured the death of 2 of her 3 sons and now one of her four grandkids. (I haven't told her about my other cousin yet) I ask you pray the most for her and for the rest of my family.

I also ask for prayers on my mother's side of the family as my uncle just found out he has cancer and there is nothing they can do for him. He was in Iraq. They flew him to Germany for testing. Is is now on his way home to the States.

It has been a hard month or two for our family. Please extend your prayers. Thank you.

I am so sorry to hear this. It seems to happen this time of year and makes it harder since it's many times more than one person in your circle of family and friends. You are in my prayers for strength of faith, heart and family.

Tammi - our last year was like this (5 family deaths in about 3 months one being my dad). I pray that you guys will stay strong and encourage each other. This has been a rough, rough few weeks for many of us!

My coworker and I were commenting to each other the other day how long our prayer lists are getting and we joked that it is good that you can pray anytime, anywhere! (Don't be offended if I pray for you in the bathroom even! LOL!)

Sending hugs and prayers to everyone in your family.

I am so sorry Tammi for your losses and all you and your family are enduring right now. You are all in my prayers.

Tammi,

You and your family are in my prayers. God will see you all through this trying time.

Take care...

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way..... God will watch and protect over your family during this time of need.

You and your family are also in my prayers. I know how hard this is for all of you and no words can make it easier but know we are here.

Take care of you.

Tammi, I am sending thoughts and prayers your way! I am so sorry. It seems like when it rains it pours.

My thought and prayers are with you and your family... keep your chin up as much as possible!

Sending lots of prayers...

Sending prayers your way. I'm so sorry about all of that.

Much is being asked of your family. I be praying.

PrayerI will definitely pray for you and your family. So sorry that so much has happened recently. May the Lord comfort all of you in this hard time.

Debbie :D

So sorry to hear about your cousin's passing - I know just how you feel - I lost my cousin (20 years old) almost 15 years ago and yet it doesn't seem like it could be that long ago. I'll be praying for you and your family to get through this very difficult time.

I am so sorry. Stay strong in Him. I'll be praying for your family.

Tammi, you're in my prayers.

Prayers sent up for you and your family! I am so sorry to hear you are all dealing with so much right now!

1. How can I best support my family during multiple tragedies in one day?

During times of crisis, it is important to come together as a family and offer support and love to one another. This can include actively listening to each other's feelings, offering practical help such as cooking meals or running errands, and finding healthy ways to cope with the difficult emotions that may arise.

2. How can I stay strong for my family while dealing with my own emotions?

It is completely normal to experience a range of emotions during times of tragedy. It is important to take care of yourself and find healthy ways to cope with your own emotions, such as talking to a therapist or participating in self-care activities. By taking care of yourself, you will be better able to support your family.

3. How do I talk to my children about these tragedies?

Honesty is important when talking to children about tragedies. Use age-appropriate language and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. It is also important to reassure them that they are loved and safe, and to listen to their feelings without judgment.

4. How can I incorporate prayer into coping with these tragedies?

Prayer can be a powerful tool for coping with difficult situations. You may find solace in praying alone or with your family, attending religious services, or seeking support from a spiritual leader. Remember to also take time for self-reflection and find peace in your own personal beliefs.

5. How can I support my family members who are struggling with their faith during this time?

Everyone experiences crises differently, and it is important to respect each family member's individual beliefs and emotions. Offer a listening ear and let them know that it is okay to question their faith during difficult times. Encourage them to seek support from a trusted spiritual advisor or counselor if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg