• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Family Coping with Multiple Losses - Help Us Heal

In summary, the conversation revolves around a family who has recently experienced multiple losses. They lost their uncle to heart failure, their cousin was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer, and their great uncle passed away of natural causes. The family is grieving and in need of prayers and support. One person shares their own experience of losing loved ones and offers words of encouragement. The conversation ends with everyone sending their thoughts and prayers for the family during this difficult time.
heat123
Silver Member
For my family... We recently experienced a close loss of my dear uncle who was 59, who passed of Heart failure. Then just days later we were hit with news of a dear cousin in her early 50s, who was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer (non smoker):(. Finally we just received news that a Great uncle passed of natural causes he was in his late 80s. My family is suffering with such a Loss at this time... Prayers for my family who is mourning the loss of these members and prayers that my cousin beats and survives this disease! Thank you.:angel:

Aw Heather...that was my life 3 years ago at almost this exact time. We lost my dad 1/22, my aunt went into the hospital from the funeral and never made it. She lasted a few weeks. Then my mom's cousin died, my aunt's mother...the list went on to total 6 in a few months.I pray that you guys support each other, stay strong, take time to grieve, and remember, this too shall pass.The passing of generations is hard, especially so young. I hope you guys can find some joy in your sorrow...I'll be praying!

Wow, I am soo sorry Janet. I feel your pain! Thank you for our kind words. It means alot!

I have to say 3 years later, it isn't as bad, but I know how you feel and wanted to tell you that it will get better! I hope your cousin becomes the bright light in all this and beats that cancer!

I'll be praying for you and your family.

My the Lord ease your losses and support your cousin during her treatments.

Oh Heather - I'm so sorry for your losses. Praying for your cousin to have the strength to fight this cancer head on and win!

I echo all the others and their prayers. It is so hard to lose loved ones in "multiples" like that.

Thinking of you Heather and know the pain you are feeling right now.

heat123 said:
For my family... We recently experienced a close loss of my dear uncle who was 59, who passed of Heart failure. Then just days later we were hit with news of a dear cousin in her early 50s, who was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer (non smoker):(. Finally we just received news that a Great uncle passed of natural causes he was in his late 80s. My family is suffering with such a Loss at this time... Prayers for my family who is mourning the loss of these members and prayers that my cousin beats and survives this disease! Thank you.:angel:

Heather, prayers and cyber hugs coming your way!! I'm so sorry!

I pray you get the comfort you need during this time of loss.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and kind words!

Related to Prayers for Family Coping with Multiple Losses - Help Us Heal

1. How can I support a family coping with multiple losses?

One of the best ways to support a family coping with multiple losses is to simply be there for them. Offer a listening ear, provide practical help with daily tasks, and let them know that you are there to support them in any way they need.

2. What are some helpful prayers for a family dealing with multiple losses?

Some helpful prayers for a family dealing with multiple losses include prayers for strength, comfort, healing, and peace. You can also pray for specific needs that the family may have, such as financial stability or emotional support.

3. How can I help a family find closure after experiencing multiple losses?

Finding closure after multiple losses can be a difficult and individual process. One way to help a family is to encourage them to honor the memories of their loved ones and find ways to keep their legacies alive. You can also suggest seeking therapy or joining a support group to help with the grieving process.

4. Are there any specific rituals or traditions that can help a family cope with multiple losses?

Rituals and traditions can provide comfort and a sense of connection for families dealing with multiple losses. Some examples include setting up a memorial space in their home, planting a tree in memory of their loved ones, or creating a special remembrance ceremony on significant dates.

5. What resources are available for families coping with multiple losses?

There are many resources available for families coping with multiple losses, such as grief counseling, support groups, and online communities. You can also recommend books, podcasts, or other materials that have helped you or others in similar situations. Additionally, organizations like The Compassionate Friends offer support and resources specifically for families who have experienced the loss of a child.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef