• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons - Help Needed!

In summary, Carolyn's cousin-in-law has been diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 lung cancer and she is looking for ways to show her support. She has heard that CafePress makes good buttons, and she is hoping that someone can help her make them. Chefann might be able to help, and John has a Cancer Survival Page on the NCCS website that might be of help as well.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Can one of you creative people help me?
I want to create buttons for my family to wear that say "LOVE BEATS CANCER."
Something cute and not too obnoxious to look at - but can't figure out how to do it.
My cousin-in-law, whom I love to pieces, we diagnosed last week with Stage 3, possibly stage 4 lung cancer. She saw buttons at the hospital that say LOVE BEATS CANCER but I googled and can't find 'em anywhwre...so I wanna make some for everyone to wear...help???

Carolyn, Michael's Crafts used to have kits for making buttons. I do not know if it is expensive or not but... Also know that my prayers are with you and your family!

Thanks, John.
I'd like to make them on CafePress so I can order a bunch of all the local family members that I see and so the distant relatives can get them as well.

I've not done it before. I would imagine chefann could help you. Are you fb friends? She's not on here much anymore, but she's all over fb.

You might try the NCCS - that's where I got my buttons that say "CANCER SUCKS" but some folks don't think that's so nice. (Screw 'em, because it does!)

The love and support of family and friends in beating cancer means far more than anyone realizes. Bless you for helping out!

If there is anyone else out there who has a friend or relative fighting cancer, I recommend that you contact the Coalition for Cancer Survivorship and order a Cancer Survival Tool Kit for her.

The family might consider setting up a website to keep family and friends informed. Everyone will want to know, and the phone rings so often that it becomes intrusive and annoying, but folks still want to know. The patient doesn't want to talk or see anyone, either, and no one understands that unless they've been there.

Go here: Caring Bridge

On Caring Bridge, someone can keep a running commentary on the progress of the patient, caring family and friends can post greetings, and it's a good repository for care and concern.

There. Not exactly what you wanted to know, but trust me, it all helps.

(By the way...I have a Cancerversary Page on the NCCS website. You can see it by clicking on this link: http://www.canceradvocacynow.org/goto/thekitchnguy.

What is "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons?

"Love Beats Cancer" Buttons are buttons that have a special design and message to show support for those battling cancer. They are often used as fundraising items for cancer research and to spread awareness about the disease.

How can I create "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons?

To create "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons, you will need a button making machine, button supplies, and a design or message to put on the button. You can either create the design yourself or use a pre-made template. You can also reach out to a button making company that specializes in creating custom buttons.

What materials are needed to make "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons?

The materials needed to make "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons include a button making machine, button parts (metal shells, mylar, and pinbacks), a design or message, scissors, and a printer. Some button making companies also offer pre-made button kits that include all the materials needed.

Can I personalize the "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons?

Yes, you can personalize the "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons with a custom message or design. Many button making companies offer the option to upload your own design or provide customizable templates for you to use. This allows you to create a unique and meaningful button for your cause.

How can "Love Beats Cancer" Buttons help raise funds for cancer research?

"Love Beats Cancer" Buttons can help raise funds for cancer research by being sold as fundraising items. Many people are willing to purchase and wear these buttons to show their support for cancer research and spread awareness about the cause. The profits from the button sales can then be donated to a cancer research organization or used to support a specific individual or family affected by cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
raebates