• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can anyone help with donated diapers for a grieving widow's baby shower?

In summary, Diane's former professor from MSOE knows quite a few people at Kimberly Clark - we took tours there when I was a student and since you're nearby in the area (I think)...maybe they'll help...
dianevill
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

By any chance, do any of you have any connections with any of the major diaper companies to get some donated diapers? (I know, this is SO not PC related!)

Here is the situation:

My daughter's wonderful, wonderful teacher is due with her second baby May 1. She is going through an extremely difficult time right now, financially and emotionally. This past November, her 36 year old husband (Joe) was diagnosed with lung cancer (not that it matters, but he was a non-smoker). He was training for a marathon and sprained his ankle. He went to the doctor, had it wrapped, and it caused a blood clot. The dr. gave him some medication to dissolve the clot but it didn't work, and Joe was told the only reason the medication wouldn't work is if he had cancer in his body. Well, they did a scan and found one of his lungs was full of cancer. Long story short, he died January 3, 10 weeks after being diagnosed. What he left behind is so sad - a 34 year old widow pregnant with their second child, a 3 year old daughter, a boat-load of medical bills and debt, and NO life insurance. We have done several fundraisers which have helped quite a bit, but she will most likely lose her house. She has used up all vacation and sick time, and with the baby coming in May, will have no income from the time the baby's born until school in September.

My daughter's class is throwing a baby shower for Jen in a couple of weeks, and we are having everyone pitch in money and we're buying diapers and wipes. I would SO love to be able to give her diapers and wipes that will last the entire summer (or even longer!) that she won't have to worry about the expense.

So I know this is a rather long shot, but my plea is, does anyone have any connections that we could call to get some diapers and/or wipes donated? Or any advice on who to call (we've called Target and WalMart - no return calls).

Even if you can't help, please keep Jen, her daughter Grace, and her unborn child in your prayers. They could really use them!

Thank you for reading!

I know someone who works for P&G (Pampers). Let me ask her.

Diane - can you e-mail me the situation and names. I can't promise anything but my former professor from MSOE knows quite a few people at Kimberly Clark - we took tours there when I was a student and since you're nearby in the area (I think)...maybe they'll help...

I'll e-mail him tomorrow if you can get me your information and theirs.

I'll be praying for Jen, Grace and the baby...

I have a friend at Kimberly-Clark-I will check with her. They have been extremely generous with our girl scout troop.

Diane - suggestion - contact all the local news stations in the area...tell them about the shower the kids are throwing for the teacher...see if they will cover it and "get the word out"...who knows what can come of that...

jodistrauss said:
I have a friend at Kimberly-Clark-I will check with her. They have been extremely generous with our girl scout troop.

Awesome - your connection will be "closer" than mine! :)

janetupnorth said:
Diane - suggestion - contact all the local news stations in the area...tell them about the shower the kids are throwing for the teacher...see if they will cover it and "get the word out"...who knows what can come of that...

Great idea - thanks! And thank you all for your prayers and helping me find connections!

I will try to get as much info as possible...

Dang, I just recently gave my stash away as my last baby is finally potty trained! I'd stay away from the diaper companies, they're in pretty bad shape by the time they're ready to pitch them. You could always get everyone together to sew them, and sew the wipes, too! Then she could have the really fancy ones with velcro and made of that ultra-soft baby fleece. You might want to make some wool covers, too to stop leaks.

janetupnorth said:

Great idea! Also...why not make it a SCHOOL-wide shower instead of just her class.

I am so sorry about what she is going through and my thoughts and prayers are with her and her children. When I first read this thought... I thought of Oprah, Ellen, Dr. Phil, The Today show.. and all of those.. maybe you could send an email to all of those.. I know I have watched shows where they do so much to help people in need, and if anyone needs help, she does, and will for a long time to come. Just a thought.. wouldn't hurt to try.. good luck.. and let us know how it goes.

SorrySorry to hear that. It's so sad. I hope she gets some help not only from the diaper companies and generous people but from the Lord who comforts us!

I will keep her in my prayers. I think a school wide or community wide baby shower would be an excellent idea. Get it on TV, get it on the radio stations, get it in the papers, try to get as much publicity as possible. There are still some loving, generous people out there.

Is she registered somewhere? Maybe we could help too with online orders?

Debbie :D

1. Can I connect with other Pampered Chef consultants through "Anyone Have Any Connections?"

Yes, "Anyone Have Any Connections?" is a platform specifically designed for Pampered Chef consultants to connect with each other and build relationships.

2. How do I join "Anyone Have Any Connections?"

To join "Anyone Have Any Connections?", simply visit the website and click on the "Join Now" button. You will be prompted to create an account and can start connecting with other consultants immediately.

3. Is there a fee to join "Anyone Have Any Connections?"

No, "Anyone Have Any Connections?" is a free platform for all Pampered Chef consultants to use. There are no membership or subscription fees.

4. What type of connections can I make through "Anyone Have Any Connections?"

You can make a variety of connections through "Anyone Have Any Connections?" including finding new team members, networking with other consultants, and building relationships with potential customers.

5. How can "Anyone Have Any Connections?" benefit my Pampered Chef business?

"Anyone Have Any Connections?" is a great tool for expanding your network, finding new business opportunities, and learning from other successful consultants. It can also help you stay updated on company news and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla