• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Request: Prayers Needed for Family Member's Battle with Lung Cancer

In summary, Rhonda's father-in-law has lung cancer and it has spread to his liver. They are giving him 2-3 months to live. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
pampchefrhondab
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know your prayers are very much needed for my family. We just found out today my father-in law has lung cancer which has spread to his liver. They are giving him 2-3 months! He is only 61!

Please remember us.

Thank you!

You definately have my prayers! Lung cancer is horrible. It spreads way to quickly, unfortunately.

Keep your chin up, and spend as much time together as you can and he can tolerate. You'll be glad you did.

Take care,
ange

I'll be thinking of you Rhonda!

My prayers are with you and your family:(

I will say some extra prayers for your FIL, I will also have my son put in some extra prayers at night too (he is 4).
Cancer is in my family a lot so I know what your going through. Technology has come a long way. I have seen Miracles happen. I will hope for one for you all.:( ((((HUGS)))))!

I will also say a prayer for your FIL. My mom died three years ago(September 5th, 2003) to lung cancer. She had her lower left lope removed in May of 2002 and then it came back in the center of her chest on May of 2003.

Rhonda~
You and your family will be in my prayers. Keep us updated on how he is doing.
Hugs,

You and your family will be in my prayers. My Grandfather died of lung cancer many years ago.

My prayers will be sent up .... for you and your family. God will always be with you thru the good and the bad.

I am praying for you and your family.

My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry to hear that his condition is so advanced. It's sad because some people don't figure out that they are sick until it's too late, on the plus side it hasn't spread to his bones yet just starting on the organs.

You all have our prayers.

We will be praying for him and for your family. God does listen to our prayers!

We also have a history of cancer in our family, but God was so gracious to us!! My Father-in-law passed away at the young age of 61 from prostate cancer. He was diagnosed with it in 2003 and given 6 months to live. BUT he lived another SEVEN years and saw both of his children get married and the birth of his first grandson. In that time, he also came to know the Lord and shared the Good News with anyone and everyone he came across! His last words were, "Thank you Jesus!" His life is such a great testimony to how awesome God is...

God is a Pampered ChefRhonda, who needs prayers,

I wanted to let you know that God, and his angels, answer prayers. He's also non-denominational, so it doesn't matter who your God is, He works for you! And, he loves Pampered Chef. So, no matter what He has in mind for you, it will be the right thing.

I know God, and his angels, are out there. They performed a minor miracle for me today. For the last two days, I have been driving myself crazy. I misplaced the cell phone I use for PC business. I looked high and low; here, there and everywhere. I even stopped at shops I'd been at, thinking I'd left it there. I had been in and out of my car at least ten times the last two days and had never seen my cell phone. But, I pray, asking for help.

So, I go pick up my granddaughter to take her to her aunt's house this afternoon. I get out of the car, go around and help her get buckled in. Then, I go back to the driver's side. As I get in, I notice my cell phone lying there. It hadn't been there a minute ago! (My butt would have noticed the lump). Thank God for God and thank God for his angels. They really do help in our daily lives. Praise God.

Open yourself to the universe and the universe will come to your door.:)

Trish
[email protected]

I feel for your family. My aunt was diagnosed with lung cancer over 6 months ago and they only gave her 6 months prognosis. However she started taking some new meds instead of chemo and radiation and it is working for her! Hopefully it continues to help her!
Best wishes to you and your family!

You and your family are in my prayers. God will give you and your FIL strength to get through this situation!

With Christ's love,
Kelly

Those of us that have experienced the dreaded "c" word know first hand the devastation that you are faced with. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. However, never give up. As stated before, modern medicine, the power of positive thinking, and the power of your God are all strong entities. Should you ever need a shoulder to cry on or vent you can tell that you have many people on here to choose from. Keep the faith. Valky

I will say an extra prayer for you family. Cancer is such a horrible thing. My dad lost his left arm when he was 7 and now he is 59. We have a prayer chain at church and I will be sure to put your family down. Just spend time with him and really listen to what he has to say.

Thank you so much to everyone for your prayers - it means so much to us. I will be sure to let my father-in law know how many people are praying for him and will assure him God is listening.

So far he has no pain - I just hope he can keep from pain for a long time!

Thanks again!

HUGS Ronda ........ your family is in my families prayers... I am so sorry that is happening to your family.

I'm sorry tell all of you my Father in-law lost his battle with cancer last Friday.

He went so fast we are still all in shock. Luckily he didn't have a lot of pain and didn't have to endure the chemo, depression and anger which all can come with cancer.

He died very peacefully in the hospital. Actually a miracle happend for my Mother in-law. When they took him off the resperator his heart flat lined. She then kissed him and his heart beat again! It then flat lined again and she spoke to him - it beat again! This reassured her he knew she was there. He was surrounded by his children as well. It doesn't make missing him any easier, but it does help to know he wasn't alone.

My husband and I were so busy helping plan the funeral (he is the oldest) so I'm way behind on reading the messages! I hope to catch up this weekend.

Thank you all for your thougths and prayers. Even though it wasn't the outcome we wanted God was most certainly in the middle of it the entire time. There are many examples I could tell all of you about, but my post would be very long.

Thanks again,

I pray your family finds peace through their pain. Surely it meant so much that they were all there as he passed and he surely knew. And be thankful for His mercy in taking him as he did without the pain. Your family will remain in my prayers.

We have you in our prayers too. Take one day at a time. You are blessed to have such strong faith - it will take you places you would never think you could go.

May his memory be a blessing. Hopefully you can take comfort that he died peacefully. Your family will be in my prayers.

I havent posted here in a long time but wanted to express my condolences for your family. I lost my step father (but he was my daddy) to kidney cancer 2 1/2 years ago. its neevr an easy thing to go thru but God is always holding your hand and the angels are always there to wipe away your tears. Keep your faith in HIM. your family will be in our prayers.

((((HUGS))))

You all have our prayers.

Rhonda,
I am so deeply sorry. How wonderful that his heart would beat for your mother-in-law - I think that is just beautiful.
My prayers are with your family.

Rhonda,

So sorry to hear of your loss - your family is in my prayers at this sad time.

Gina Miller

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to the entire family. We have had so many wonderful people there to help with so many encouraging words.

Thank you again,

My most sincere condolences. May the Lord watch over you and your family.

Hi Rhonda, it is now a month since your post. Can you give us an update? This is the first time I have seen your post. I will definitely add you and your family to my prayer list. I was a Hospice volunteer for five years, and know how it can impact the entire family. Love and Prayers,

prayers neededMy sympathy goes out to your family.

Oh Rhonda, I just discovered your Oct. 19th post. My condolences to all of you. That really was fast. Merciful, for him but really difficult for all of you.
May the Lord give you strength and comfort and lots of tender loving care from those who live close enough to support all of you. I was just thinking of you today, as I considered making another Cheesecake!

Rhonda, I am so sorry for your loss, may the lord bless this time that your family will need for healing. Just remeber that your family is still being watched over by your farther in law even though he is no longer with you..... I hope that you guys will find comfort in the lord in this time. Lots of hugs from my family to yours.... god bless..... again I am sorry to hear about yoru loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom