• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for a Church Family: 9th Grader Diagnosed with Cancer

In summary, the girl in this conversation was in a first vacation bible class that the author taught and she is going into 9th grade this year. The author's daughter found a lump on one of the girl's ribs and after diagnostic tests it was determined that she had a malignant tumor called a plasma cytoma. The plan for treatment is surgical removal followed by close monitoring for recurrence. The prognosis for the girl is good at this point.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I just received the email below about one of the children in our church. This girl was in the first vacation bible class that I taught. My first Awana class that I taught. She is going into 9th grade this year. Please keep this family in your prayers. I am just in shock right now.

At the end of June, our daughter told us she had found a lump on one of the ribs high in her chest. After some diagnostic tests ordered by her pediatrician, we were referred to A.I. DuPont Hospital. Several weeks of testing followed. The final diagnosis: a malignant tumor called a plasma cytoma – cancer. The plan for treatment will be surgical removal followed by close monitoring for recurrence.
Her prognosis right now is good. She remains very positive and is feeling good. While we appreciate your family’s sensitivity to our daughter, she doesn’t need to be treated any differently. Any questions you or your children may have can be directed to Wendy or me. We also appreciate your prayers for her and our family – that is really the best way you can help us right now.
We don’t have a date yet, but it looks like the surgery will be in the next 2 weeks. Our prayer for our daughter, our family, and our family at church is that we all grow closer to God in our faith, trust and relationship with Him. God is good. God is trustworthy. So we will trust in God and our Savior who has spared no expense that we may live.

I will say a prayer! Sounds like their focus is in the right spot, though...God will be faithful and get them through this one moment at a time! I can't imagine having one of my kids sick like that, though....

Thank you for sharing so that we can add our prayers to yours.

I will lift her up and family as well. Can you share her first name with us?

She and her family will be in my prayers.

Related to Prayers for a Church Family: 9th Grader Diagnosed with Cancer

1. What type of products do you have for children from my church?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products that are perfect for children from your church. Our products range from kid-friendly cooking tools, such as our Kids' Pizza Set and Baking Set, to fun and educational activity sets, like our Shape-O Toy and Mix 'N Chop Game. We also have a selection of cookbooks specifically designed for kids, including "The Pampered Chef Kids' Cookbook" and "The Pampered Chef Kids' Cooking Set."

2. Are your products safe for children to use?

Yes, all of our products are rigorously tested and meet safety standards for children. We take great care in ensuring that our products are safe and age-appropriate for kids to use. Our kids' cooking tools are made with durable and non-toxic materials, and our activity sets are designed to promote learning and creativity in a safe environment.

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef party for the children at my church?

Absolutely! We offer kids' cooking parties where children can learn how to make fun and delicious recipes using our products. Our consultants will guide the children through the cooking process and provide a fun and interactive experience. Plus, as a host, you can earn free products and discounts for your church.

4. Do you offer any discounts for churches or non-profit organizations?

Yes, we have a fundraising program specifically for churches and non-profit organizations. By hosting a Pampered Chef party, your church can earn a percentage of the sales as a donation. This is a great way to raise funds for your church while also promoting healthy and fun cooking activities for children.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products as gifts for the children at my church?

Definitely! Our products make great gifts for children. You can browse our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to see our current selection of products. We also offer gift wrapping and personalized messages for a special touch. Plus, with our satisfaction guarantee, you can feel confident in giving our products as gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
Admin Greg